thoughts on head coach M&M

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope and sorta feel Mike McCarthy can deliver us what we're all craving in the very short future. He reminds me a little of Jeff Fisher with his connection with the players and how he hides his emotions during ups and downs of games, seems to be rather poised.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a fan of his 85% of the time. Sometimes he seems brilliant with his schemes and game planning.

Other times he gets owned and seems to lack the skills needed to change a scheme at half time to bring in a win.

I was pretty dissappointed awhile after he got hired and it came to light that Sean Peyton really wanted the job and then again after he lead the Saints to a SB win.

Other than that there are not a lot of coaches I would like to see in GB at this time.

zerokillz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we first got him I thought "Who the hell is this guy?". But, he won me over. He's learning to let his offense do what they do best on third and short, instead of just running the ball every time. Now if he could just figure out how to work a clock at the end of a half we'd be gold.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mccarthy already established himself as one of the premier offensive gurus in today's NFL. Is he the perfect head coach? Of course not but I don't think anyone in the NFL is. I do believe on the other hand, Mccarthy has what it takes to coach the Packers all the way to a Superbowl. One area I'd really want him to improve on is not only clock management and playcalling in the 3rd quarter, but to be more involved in the defense. During a snapshot of Mccarthy on the sidelines after the defense takes the field, the guy just loathes around with his clipboard barely speaking with the players. He's an offensive minded guy of course, however if you look at someone similar like Sean Payton, you'll see him talk with guys like Darren Sharper or Johnathon Vilma in order to get them riled up. Mccarthy already has a good relationship with Nick Barnett and Charles Woodson, but I want him to start getting involved with the rest of the defensive guys like AJ Hawk or Nick Collins.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get a new GM McCarthy would be gone cuz each GM wants his own guy. I don't have a problem with TT. I think he has assembled a talented group of players and we have a very promising guy at the most important position - QB - for years to come barring injury. The teams that are successful in today's pass happy NLF are the ones with talent and stability at QB. Thanks Ted!
:happy0005:

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ok with this forum we need a need a new packer fan to replace realpackerbacker.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Seems to be that MM is one of the better coaches in handling the little things, Hiring personnel, Running training camps, dealing with the media always calm and polite. Dealing with trouble players, keeping locker-room happy mostly Scouting, Free Agency(I like the packers approach personally) etc.. Where MM's downfall is on the Field. I'm thinking that he really doesnt know how to coach anything on the defensive side whatsoever and doesn't care to. Which is fine I geuss, if your an offensive coordinator. His time management is obviously horrible. Play Calling can be questionable, Lots of conservative calls, and then wildly risky calls proceeding them. But in general he's a good offensive coach who puts his players in good positions to succeed, and rarely asks them to "do too much". So while his actual on the field game day coaching abilities may not be that great, I'd maybe give him a 79/100 (just above average)rating overall. But his Off the field handling of the Packers organization is Top-Notch.

That being said, if we dont make the playoffs this year, he has got to go :)

and we can STOP talking about sean payton now, since he would have been stealing vicodin from the packers training staff undoubtedly as well ;)

Members online

Latest posts