Thompson refused to renew Brandt's contract.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Shame on you pack!!! you posted an article and didnt use your own thoughts on this

( ** my impression of dhpackr**)

~~~~~~~~~~

Until more information comes out I can't lay blame on either..

Sources told the Journal Sentinel that Brandt, who in nine years of handling contracts built an enviable reputation among agents and fellow team negotiators, didn't conform to Thompson's definition of being a so-called "team guy" and was let go in a face-to-face meeting Jan. 25.

So maybe this meeting was just to get a feeling on how Andrew felt in not getting the Harlan job..Maybe Andrew asked for the meeting with Ted and wanted to know the reasons why..

But for some reason, Thompson decided that he no longer wanted Brandt working for him. As head of football operations, Thompson was Brandt's supervisor. Thus, it was his call to make.
What ever reason it was, must been pretty bad for Ted to fire him on the spot..Maybe there were some words said cuz Andrew didnt get the president job and let Ted knwo where to stick it

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My own thoughts are minimal ... he obviously did a good job. Maybe he is the one that hated free agents. In that case, bye.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes employees can get too big for their britches. Maybe Brandt thought he was more important then he really was.
Of course i'm just speculating.

Reaction score
To be honest, if there were problems in the relationship between Ted, McCarthy and Brandt, who is the most expandable? I'd say Brandt...

Don't get me wrong, I think Brandt did a marvelous job, but we've seen the success of Thompson's philosophy of having the staff work together.

IF the article is true with respect to Brandt's attitude creating difficulty with Thompson and McCarthy, then I don't blame Ted for deciding the interests of the team would be better served with hiring someone on the same page as the two of them.

That'd explain why the Packers went and hired someone with a past with some of their staff in Ball.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does Ted hate Favre\Green Bay?

No, but seriously, I won't judge this situation till it plays out over months of new info. Remember all the Bates\Thompson rumors being thrown around at the time of that situation? Learn from the past, folks.

stalker count 2

original

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
To be honest, if there were problems in the relationship between Ted, McCarthy and Brandt, who is the most expandable? I'd say Brandt...

Don't get me wrong, I think Brandt did a marvelous job, but we've seen the success of Thompson's philosophy of having the staff work together.

IF the article is true with respect to Brandt's attitude creating difficulty with Thompson and McCarthy, then I don't blame Ted for deciding the interests of the team would be better served with hiring someone on the same page as the two of them.

That'd explain why the Packers went and hired someone with a past with some of their staff in Ball.

I'd wait for a comment by Brandt before I believe the article. I don't know if it is true and truth be told it's a slow time of the year for the Packers so some guys could go out of the way to make a little story into something bigger. I don't want to say the article is inaccurate. I'm sure some truth is to it but I also know Brandt was a finalist to replace Bob Harlan and I heard he wanted out because he couldn't get any higher up in the Packer organization.

If this is true then I'm with AADP on that Brandt is clearly more expendable than either Thompson or McCarthy. Plus you probably don't want much tension in the front office anyways.

Members online

No members online now.