1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thompson refused to renew Brandt's contract.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, Feb 23, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Shame on you pack!!! you posted an article and didnt use your own thoughts on this

( ** my impression of dhpackr**)

~~~~~~~~~~

Until more information comes out I can't lay blame on either..

So maybe this meeting was just to get a feeling on how Andrew felt in not getting the Harlan job..Maybe Andrew asked for the meeting with Ted and wanted to know the reasons why..

What ever reason it was, must been pretty bad for Ted to fire him on the spot..Maybe there were some words said cuz Andrew didnt get the president job and let Ted knwo where to stick it

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    My own thoughts are minimal ... he obviously did a good job. Maybe he is the one that hated free agents. In that case, bye.

4. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    does not suprise me a bit

stalker count 2

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    it's interesting that the article states that tt has been so instrumental in managing the cap. I love me some TT

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sometimes employees can get too big for their britches. Maybe Brandt thought he was more important then he really was.
    Of course i'm just speculating.

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest, if there were problems in the relationship between Ted, McCarthy and Brandt, who is the most expandable? I'd say Brandt...

Don't get me wrong, I think Brandt did a marvelous job, but we've seen the success of Thompson's philosophy of having the staff work together.

IF the article is true with respect to Brandt's attitude creating difficulty with Thompson and McCarthy, then I don't blame Ted for deciding the interests of the team would be better served with hiring someone on the same page as the two of them.

That'd explain why the Packers went and hired someone with a past with some of their staff in Ball.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Why does Ted hate Favre\Green Bay?

No, but seriously, I won't judge this situation till it plays out over months of new info. Remember all the Bates\Thompson rumors being thrown around at the time of that situation? Learn from the past, folks.

original

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd wait for a comment by Brandt before I believe the article. I don't know if it is true and truth be told it's a slow time of the year for the Packers so some guys could go out of the way to make a little story into something bigger. I don't want to say the article is inaccurate. I'm sure some truth is to it but I also know Brandt was a finalist to replace Bob Harlan and I heard he wanted out because he couldn't get any higher up in the Packer organization.

If this is true then I'm with AADP on that Brandt is clearly more expendable than either Thompson or McCarthy. Plus you probably don't want much tension in the front office anyways.