Thomas

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read about Thomas, who the Packers got from the Rams for Chris Johnson, he sounds pretty tough.

He started most of last year, but I think he got replaced by Clairbourne. A bio reads that he's always around the ball. Maybe the Packers have found some good help, here, if nothing else, good depth.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do remember him as a great LB from his UCLA days as I follow PAC-10 football.

Thanks for the NFL info, CaliCheese!

Hope he can contribute in Green Bay.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this acquisition alot.

He played decent for the Rams, and he reminds me of Nick Barnett.

Alot of speed.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was a good trade, Thomas has been pretty decent as a pro.
It caught my eye as much as the cuts. Hey Hunt, thanks for playing, now run along.
Hammer

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
all about da packers said:
Played at MLB.... hmmm, could this be an indication that Barnett might see some time on WLB/SSLB?

That is interesting. Now you got me thinking.
Agreed - Plus the comment about Barnett has merit.

Think about it - if Nick gets injured, we're already set - plus the fact that Barnett could return to his old College position as time passes. Barnett's previous comment to questions about not being used as he was in College were a bit scrambled at the time - he had already spent two years riding herd where he is now... But, he did feel that it would not take too long to return to the old habits and make a few killing tackles...

After watching how well the second and third string players did against the Titans, I'm pretty happy about those that they kept this year... I mean really.... Remember last year and how everyone was walkin' on egg shells after Sherman got thru....? Not gettin' that feeling today.. All we have to hope for now.... is an injury free season - pending that, then Brett & Co certainly have an upside to making the Playoffs already!

*EDIT* - So much for what the Pundits say...... eh?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked Prez, the pundits don't strap up the helmets and make any difference on the field. It's a good point you have there! The Packers have put their team together and it's "Go Time"! I hope they roll into the Detroit and start the season off right!

GO PACK!!!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
SlickVision said:
all about da packers said:
Played at MLB.... hmmm, could this be an indication that Barnett might see some time on WLB/SSLB?

That is interesting. Now you got me thinking.
Agreed - Plus the comment about Barnett has merit.

Think about it - if Nick gets injured, we're already set - plus the fact that Barnett could return to his old College position as time passes. Barnett's previous comment to questions about not being used as he was in College were a bit scrambled at the time - he had already spent two years riding herd where he is now... But, he did feel that it would not take too long to return to the old habits and make a few killing tackles...

After watching how well the second and third string players did against the Titans, I'm pretty happy about those that they kept this year... I mean really.... Remember last year and how everyone was walkin' on egg shells after Sherman got thru....? Not gettin' that feeling today.. All we have to hope for now.... is an injury free season - pending that, then Brett & Co certainly have an upside to making the Playoffs already!

*EDIT* - So much for what the Pundits say...... eh?

Great post. I agree Barnett could go back to OLB in the future, perhaps later this season after Thomas adjusts to the Bates system. The LB depth looks good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts