1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This Mike will have to assemble better staff

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Jan 14, 2006.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Posted Jan. 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Mike Woods

This Mike will have to assemble better staff

The People’s, oh, let’s say, Sixth Choice stepped out from the shadows Thursday looking for a few followers, sans General Manager Ted Thompson of course.

Mike McCarthy, son of Joe — but not our Joe — came equipped with his family, a mission statement and all the platitudes required when charged with being the head coach of a football team that lost its way, the 4-12 Green Bay Packers.

Fear not, good people. We’re informed rebuilding is a dirty word and a championship is coming. He said so. This will be accomplished by obtaining “Packer Peopleâ€

2. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree.

3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the article, IPBPrez!! more insight is what we all need!!

4. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    That was one of my biggest beefs with Sherman....

(Cronyism....and yes men...)

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Was sherman afraid to hire 'good' people because they would take some of the lime light away from him if they succeeded and then he couldn't say he did it all on his own?

6. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah..

He was a classic.."control freak"....

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sherman always seemed to hire old buddies to do them a favour, even when better options were available.

8. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett Favre was already good by the time McCarthy got there. For crying out loud, Favre had already won a Super Bowl before Mike got there!

9. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Prez I liked that article.. I agree.. How about your staff? is as good as Shreman´´s or Bellichick´´s how do you grade your VP? if it is by the amount of tequila that he can drink in one night I might aply for the job!!!

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    This is kind of random here but I heard on the radio (Chris Havel) said there was absolutely NO WAY Brett was coming back if Sherman was still the coach and he said having Sherman back would make things easier for him coming back again next year only because its what a player is SUPPOSED to say about his coach.

Brett has immeasureable amount of loyalty to coachs, such as his father was to him for years.

11. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it is a good article because the day that McCarthy leaves Green Bay he will be judged on his assistant coaches and their accomplishments with what TED provides them.