this is OUR free agency!

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Peterson is likely leaving the vikings

- Suh is leaving the lions

- Marshall is traded from the bears

There is a high chance that cutler is going to be a bear for the next 2 seasons due to the horrible contract they signed him to :)

As a packers fan, I have to say that all week, I have been saying there are only 2 things that could make this off season better: resigning Cobb and if Megatron got traded

1 of 2 is not bad. :)

Let everyone else go overpay and take a chance.

I like what we have and this is the best free agency in years so far, and it hasn't even begun yet.

Addition by subtraction within the division!

Now, let's get one of our CB's and bulaga under a contract.

And pray for Megatron to get traded (one can dream)!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see about AD. I'd rather have him stay in Minnesota than go somewhere like Dallas.

But yeah... I will be so pumped if Suh leaves Detroit, and welcome back Randall.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain't gonna happen, even though the Chargers have shown interest. As far as you saying. "welcome back Randall"....he never left!

My take on free agency? Cobb was no longer under contract with the Packers and he was free to sign with any team in the league with no strings attached. He chose the Packers so IMO this is the same as if the Packers signed who played elsewhere last year. I know most people don't look at it this way and maybe so it is so they can keep whining about TT never signing any free agents but the truth is Ted signed one of the top free agents available this season and quite possibly top at his position. Most teams can't say that. So much for not signing any free agents.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Peterson is likely leaving the vikings

- Suh is leaving the lions

- Marshall is traded from the bears

There is a high chance that cutler is going to be a bear for the next 2 seasons due to the horrible contract they signed him to :)

I agree with this. Say what you want about Marshall, he was always a threat and we had to devote a lot of energy to covering him. I doubt they'll get someone as good in the draft, at least not until he develops. By then, Forte will be past it.
Suh leaving is huge. They really can't replace him.

Peterson being gone last year made those games a lot easier. He and Suh are huge "once very ten years" or so talents (Peterson more than Suh) and getting them out of the division is really, really big.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
This offseason has been a huge win for the packers so far. Getting rid of Slocum, Brad Jones and Hawk. Now re-signing Cobb. Plus all of the talent leaving the NFC north opposition as already stated. Hopefully the rest of Free Agency and the Draft don't disappoint.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks looking to go after Williams if the Packers don't resign him

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brain just hatched a great Idea. Why not sign Reggie Bush at a reasonable price pair him with Lacy in the backfield and call them Thunder and Lightning. He was after all cut which is something TT likes in a player. He also may come fairly cheap.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like, Scratch that. I LOVE the Lacy/ Starks combo. Hold a good 3rd RB in the ranks like Harris, in case one goes down. Reggie is good. I admit. But ever since he blasted his knee early in his career. Micro fracture surgery... He has never been the same. Cant stay on the field.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brain just hatched a great Idea. Why not sign Reggie Bush at a reasonable price pair him with Lacy in the backfield and call them Thunder and Lightning. He was after all cut which is something TT likes in a player. He also may come fairly cheap.

He's on the wrong side of 30, he can't stay healthy, he's got some nasty off the field accusations lately, and we don't need a running back. Pass.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our list of free agents is long! Though I agree signing the 24 year old Cobb, and the subtraction of the middle linebackers, and arguably the best player off each division rival. Thats a win already... But we are going to need to replace 1/4 of our team dang near! Oy i just looked there are 16 besides Cobb. Some didnt play last season, like Barclay, and Raji. Some were big contributors like Bulaga, Williams, Guion, Kuhn, Hawk, and Jones. WHo were the starting inside LBs to start 2014. Lattimore the young LB who might have stole Jones job, before he popped a knee, is a free agent too. A pile of support guys too like Bush, Flynn, House, Richardson, Lattimore, and Barclay. Thank God we got Cobb locked up. Bulaga would be nice...

Looking at that list though... its a quarter of our active roster.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our list of free agents is long! Though I agree signing the 24 year old Cobb, and the subtraction of the middle linebackers, and arguably the best player off each division rival. Thats a win already... But we are going to need to replace 1/4 of our team dang near! Oy i just looked there are 16 besides Cobb. Some didnt play last season, like Barclay, and Raji. Some were big contributors like Bulaga, Williams, Guion, Kuhn, Hawk, and Jones. WHo were the starting inside LBs to start 2014. Lattimore the young LB who might have stole Jones job, before he popped a knee, is a free agent too. A pile of support guys too like Bush, Flynn, House, Richardson, Lattimore, and Barclay. Thank God we got Cobb locked up. Bulaga would be nice...

Looking at that list though... its a quarter of our active roster.

That's an average turnover for every NFL team. In the salary cap era teams replace more expensive guys with limited production with cheaper rookies.

I want the Packers to bring back Bulaga and one of House or Williams, otherwise I really don't lose a lot of sleep over any other free agent.

Thompson has to address the ILB and NT position during the offseason with some vereran help though.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
easily???
Our starting RT, and also the backup RT coming off an ACL. Both ILBs, and the top back up ILB Lattimore also coming off an acl... Our starting CB, his top backup , and a couple more depth guys in Bush and Richardson. Raji who was our starting NT, and Guion who is our starting NT. And our starting FB, who we have no back up for. Was both the back up QBs until we skook the dice on tolzien. Half our recieving corps, until we spent big on Cobb.

This kind of turn over is not usual.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
easily???
Our starting RT, and also the backup RT coming off an ACL. Both ILBs, and the top back up ILB Lattimore also coming off an acl... Our starting CB, his top backup , and a couple more depth guys in Bush and Richardson. Raji who was our starting NT, and Guion who is our starting NT. And our starting FB, who we have no back up for. Was both the back up QBs until we skook the dice on tolzien. Half our recieving corps, until we spent big on Cobb.

20% turnover is normal for the Packers. Just because they are unsigned now, doesn't mean they won't end up with a contract with the Packers. Just because their under contract doesn't mean they can't get cut before September. The roster takes shape over about 6 months. Be patient. Be like Ted. Think like Ted.

D

Deleted member 6794

easily???

You have to read the entire thread not a single post. Nobody's talking about it being easy to replace Bulaga and both House and Williams.

For the rest of the free agents it shouldn't be that tough to find some cheaper and especially at ILB better players.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been reading up on this linebacker we signed off that arena team....cat seems to have the athleticism....at the very least I predict a great special teamer. It is small pick ups like these that TT builds a team's background with. Cheap, athletic and hungry.

D

Deleted member 6794

Been reading up on this linebacker we signed off that arena team....cat seems to have the athleticism....at the very least I predict a great special teamer. It is small pick ups like these that TT builds a team's background with. Cheap, athletic and hungry.

I don´t know anything about Josh Francis but I don´t expect a player signed from the Indoor Football League being anything more than a camp body.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don´t know anything about Josh Francis but I don´t expect a player signed from the Indoor Football League being anything more than a camp body.

Not at all...dude is an athlete. I wouldn't be shocked if he makes for merely depth and STs. We've had a few stories like this grow into some specials....I don't envision that but I could easily see this guy fight for at least practice squad.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts