This is a BOMBSHELL!!!

Reaction score
Biggest bunch of speculation I've heard (and I've read Arrigo on more than one occasion!).

First of all, Brett is a smart man. He realizes Ted's style is to build by youth, and there was a very good chance we wouldn't do anything this off-season. If he still came back despite that, I'd have to think that Brett wasn't banking his decision on the acquisition of one player.

If Brett was, then Brett is a fool. More so, Ted isn't the type of guy to say "Yup Brett, Imma go get Moss". Ted is very shrewd, and I think he said something like "Hey Brett, if it makes sense for us to go get Moss, we'll try to get him over here".

Basically, Brett is smart enough to have known that there was no guarantee of a 'big off-season acquisition' happening under Ted. We the fans knew it, the media personnel knew it, and judging by some player comments, they expected it also.

He didn't come back just because of Moss, and he won't get pissed off to the point where he'd want to learn another new offense this late in his career just because we didn't get one player.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The end of your post is as much speculation as you claim the link contains.

This is on his "official" website. I'm sure if it was way over the line wrong, he wouldn't stand for it. The "rumor" was substantiated about the only way it could be by the moderator of the OFFICIAL Brett Favre forum.

I believe this fully. Count me in for hook, line and sinker. These are the type of stories, like said in that thread, the media knows about but will never report.

By the way, I got a good laugh out of the Arrigo comment. That guy is one of the biggest phonies I've ever seen. Ever.

Reaction score

Well I recall Brett saying that one of the factors in his decision last year was whether he wanted to come back and learn a completely different O scheme.

I don't think that desire to stay with something familiar in terms of a scheme would change all of a sudden, just one year after Brett said it was something that he considered when wondering whether to retire.

This is on his "official" website. I'm sure if it was way over the line wrong, he wouldn't stand for it. The "rumor" was substantiated about the only way it could be by the moderator of the OFFICIAL Brett Favre forum.

Hm, well that is a good point. I'm still highly skeptical of that thread, but perhaps I shouldn't dismiss it outright.

By the way, I got a good laugh out of the Arrigo comment. That guy is one of the biggest phonies I've ever seen. Ever.

:thumbsup:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we may have to accept the fact that Brett is coming back this year to get some records while getting paid around $12 million. I don't think he ever expected TT to get him any significant help on the offensive side, and I seriously doubt that he honestly believes they have a chance at getting to, and winning, the Super Bowl.

Let Brett get his records, let Brett get his money. I just hope he doesn't get hurt or embarrassed. He's done enough for this team & franchise to deserve better than that.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe, we should deal Brett to New England so he can be with Randy. :)

If Brady has a Roethlisberger type of off-season, I'll be looking for a Packers Patriots trade.

Obviously, this is tongue in cheek, but can you imagine if Brady suffered some serious freak injury? Brett and Randy could have a run together out on the east coast. Actually, I'd love to see that.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Brett's pilot says that "said" player is upset... whom would know better :thumbsup: :twitch:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Lare, I think Ted has sold Brett on his line of thinking that the greatest improvement possible will come from within the team.

I think Brett is well aware of the fact that the ONLY improvement possible will come from within the team.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks as if I'm in a very small minority here. I could assume Favre is not too happy that Moss wasn't signed, especially since some had reported that he had GUARANTEED that Moss would be a Packer. But, frankly I am very suspicious of this "trade me" story. And I'm NOT calling anyone a liar. I think he's just misinformed. That said, I think we must keep in mind that we're supposedly fans of the GB Packers, not of the GB Favres. IMO, it would be a monumental mistake for TT to consider Favre FIRST and the team second. Favre is a PART of the team not THE team. The LG is just as important as the QB, because if he doesn't block his man, Favre gets dumped even if T.O., Moss, and Driver are the WRs. TT is re-building a TEAM, not just the WRs position. If he fails, he'll answer for it, never fear. Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll believe it when Brett says it. The last thing he wants is to leanr yet another offense in his final 2-3 seasons. Plus, it's not like San Diego, New England or Indy would be calling. You are talking about teams like Miami, Tampa and maybe someone like Cleveland. None of these teams are any better on paper than GB at this point. There's very little practical reasons for Brett to want to leave. I can tell you he won't get the level of fan support after his yearly handful of 3-4 turnover games that lose it for his new team.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
This thread amuses me.

(******** amuses me. I'm a simple man)

Thanks for your contribution
and what did you just contribute by saying "thanks for your contribution"

hmm? besides baiting me, of course. you easily coulda laughed at me and not posted anything, but wheres the bait in that?

it's lines like that that show why you're such a....great poster.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally know who is saying these things about what a "certian player" said. I also personally know his relationship to the "certain player". I would bank HEAVELY on what he said. But he did say that Favre remarked about being traded while he was very upset. Favre is old fashion. A deal is done with a handshake and your word is your honor. Listening to what David said, apparently TT promised to get Brett help on the offensive side of the ball. It hasn't happened yet and that is what Brett is upset about.

However, the season has not started yet.... At this time last year I believe we hadn't signed anyone yet either....

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's crap - plain and simple.

It was Moss' decision to go to New England. He wants another ring. New England was the only (interested) team that Randy was willing to renegotiate for. The only way he would have played here would have been at his current salary (~10M/yr), and we'd all be burning TT in effigy for that if it had happened.

Bottom line - the Randy deal was something alot of people wanted to happen. But it didn't, so we're all pointing our fingers at the most convenient target - "Tightwad" Ted, figuring it must be his fault...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I personally know who is saying these things about what a "certian player" said. I also personally know his relationship to the "certain player". I would bank HEAVELY on what he said. But he did say that Favre remarked about being traded while he was very upset. Favre is old fashion. A deal is done with a handshake and your word is your honor. Listening to what David said, apparently TT promised to get Brett help on the offensive side of the ball. It hasn't happened yet and that is what Brett is upset about.

However, the season has not started yet.... At this time last year I believe we hadn't signed anyone yet either....

I know the person saying these things personally about a 'certain player' and they were said in a joking context. I would bank HEAVILY on disregarding them. It's nothing to worry about.

Ted made no promise to Brett or anyone that wasn't made the entire team. Those who want to say an believe different are wrong.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I believe this fully. Count me in for hook, line and sinker. These are the type of stories, like said in that thread, the media knows about but will never report.

The moderator said he could neither confirm nor deny the post. Just because you "don't deny" something that doesn't make 100% truth. That being said I am sure there is at least some truth to this, but I think it has more to do with getting Randy Moss than getting offensive weapons in general.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Oannes said:

The moderator said he could neither confirm nor deny the post. Just because you "don't deny" something that doesn't make 100% truth. That being said I am sure there is at least some truth to this, but I think it has more to do with getting Randy Moss than getting offensive weapons in general.
Here's a tip about good moderators. They want to generate hits on their site.
So even if he knew it wasn't true, he'd say he couldn't deny to attract attention to their website.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre made his decision to return way earlier than in the last couple of years and far ahead of any vision or assumption of what the Packers were going to do in the off-season.

Why?

Because Brett Favre saw "the most talented team I've been apart of" although the "youngest team I've been a part of" HOLD IT'S OWN out there last year.

He knows just by the shear numbers of young players from last year that this team will be BETTER because so many young players now have some PT and experience under their belts.

He saw the upside in the way the team finished and has been around enough football to know this team is going to get better ON IT'S OWN and any additions will be a plus, and yes, positive additions are expected.

So many here are so bent that "this is the team" when we are actually MONTHS away from "this is the team". Anybody here that thinks TT won't spend the money available to make this team better and to help it win NOW, yes NOW, is an idiot.

Brett knew what he knew when he made the decision to return early on. He knew who was on this team AT THE TIME and that was enought to go on. He's been around too long to make decisions on what he doesn't know and assumptions.

He's a lot smarter than that.