1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

this game reminded me of BOTH bears games

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by slowsinistermo, Jan 22, 2008.

1. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the way this game started didn't look well..brutal weather, our offense starting slow, and the opponent driving down for 2 fgs handling it better than us...much like the second game in chicago when we trailed 6-0, we came up with a big play to make it 7-6 (Driver's 90 yder here and grant's 50 some odd yder there) and we thinnk were totally in business and are ready to take control...Then locked in a 20-20 tie after leading at half, there are about 10 mins or so left, in which the teams exchange punts, battle for field position and it seemed the first team to score would be the victor, and our offense can get absolutely nothing going.....ring a bell? it seemed EXACTLY like the bears game in week 5? when finally griese got us on that td making it 27-20.....This correlations are really insignificant, but it was at these points when i really starting feeling uncomfortable about this game

2. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not even close.

The first game was winnable.

The second one wasn't.

This one was just stolen. Flat out. But the Packers' youth deserved this loss. It's okay. It'll be our reason to win it all next year.

3. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't say this game was stolen. We stunk.

4. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I started feeling really bad after the two field goals, lack of stops by the D, and then the one big play to driver. It really reminded me of the beginning of the last bears game. I even mentioned it to the folks I was watching the game with. I was like, "I'm glad we scored, but something just doesn't feel right!"

heh. oh well. On to next year.

5. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This pretty much sums it up...

[from another forum..]
    ...and another...

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with it looking like the second Bears game, not the first.
    The Giants played better in the awful weather then we did, just as the Bears did in Chicago.
    I don't think we are a "bad weather" team anymore.

7. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if the weather had anything to do with it IMO, we just didnt play well simple as that. But it was similar to the second Bears game. Do you guys think we went away from the play calling that we do to win games? Thats what it seemed to me to be.

8. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    this game was bad but i do have to say they make it look like the giants were all that and to a point they were but we did come back and tie the game,if the giants were as good as everyone says they should have done what the bears done not win by 3,they just got lucky in the in when thir kicker new this one he better get,i think our team needs to get college out in is not a help and i think he has had time to improve he is what hes going to be i do hope giants beat the pats

9. Brady

Brady Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The screen was not working at all, they should have abandoned that earlier.

10. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We just played like crap, you cant walk through championships.

11. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to admit when all the talk about the bad weather was going on, I was not happy as the second Chicago game was fresh in my memory. I am just wondering what the organization can do to make us a better cold weather team? I guess improve run blocking is a given, but should we also start looking at kids who play in the Northern Colleges and are used to the bad weather?

12. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure that this will sound too simplistic but our big weakness is in the guards and at center. Especially the inability of the guards to move and contain people. Colledge just doesn't have the strength to overpower anybody. Now, perhaps he is a LT in waiting but he is a liability at G. Wells is an intelligent fighter in there but his size will always limit him. We have no idea if Barbre is the future but so far I'm not too hopeful. Look for more of the same next year unless TT gets Faneca here to plug the hole.

13. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There are many of us who are pushing for the Faneca signing, but it seems with Green Bay's track record it will not be in management's to-do list unfortunately.

14. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know how you can say going back and forth at 20-20 didn't make you think of the Bears game at home

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In the offseason, OG BETTER be a priority. It's the position that's holding us back. We lost the game on the lines.