Adams sucks
Gary sucks
Love sucks

We learned fans have no clue about how the team values and trains players

And I said this a few times

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Extremely satisfied with what has been a great ride this season. The future is really really bright. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of next week at Dallas no matter what happens. What a ride!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"That guy would have been there in the next round guaranteed - Gute's a moron." LOL

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Two big lessons:

1. Many fans get way too invested in their idea of what their team needs to do on draft day and if it doesn't match their expectations, they throw a hissy fit.

2. Many fans get way too invested in their draft day gut reactions and care more about being right about the prospect than about the team succeeding.

If more people would learn to hold their opinions a little bit more loosely, they'd have a lot more fun. We all have thoughts as to who will/won't be good, but the emotional commitment that some people place into them is frankly embarrassing.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the internet. People come out to b!!tch because their real life friends won't put up with it face-to-face.

I don't get hung up on the draft. It's too much "drama" for my life. After the draft, I record everything in my spreadsheet including what the sportswriters were saying about each player that we picked. Then I wait until at least Year 2 but usually more like Year 3 or Year 4 to analyze if it was a good pick.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think it's funny that when the Packers suddenly do well and we have new posters join us. I wonder if it's folks that said Love sucks and fire Gute and MLF on some other forum. When the reality hits, they leave and start up on another forum rather than continue on with ruined credibility.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If someone puts any stock on their or anyone else's credibility on a fan message board then they really must have low self esteem. IMO.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Extremely satisfied with what has been a great ride this season. The future is really really bright. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of next week at Dallas no matter what happens. What a ride!
What certainly came out after last season was that the Packers should be ready for a dark era. I heard this from Bear, Viking, and Lion fans. No more Favre or Rodgers. You will see what it is like. Right now they are eating crow in that the successor threw 32 TDs this season. Stunning.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
All 31 teams got better in the offseason other than us!!!
Every single year. We lose the off season according to some here.......... however, as we've seen repeatedly, they continuously have their craniums implanted in their rectums and .......... are permanent residents........... in the twilight zone.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Think it's funny that when the Packers suddenly do well and we have new posters join us. I wonder if it's folks that said Love sucks and fire Gute and MLF on some other forum. When the reality hits, they leave and start up on another forum rather than continue on with ruined credibility.
I have noticed a dearth of Debbie downers, negative Nancies, fire 'em Freddies the past few weeks.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have noticed a dearth of Debbie downers, negative Nancies, fire 'em Freddies the past few weeks.
Oh, they're out there. Some of them might have separate accounts behind proxies for when they have to "play nice," but they're out there, just champing at the bit, anxiously awaiting the next loss so they can jump out of the shadows and remind everyone how dumb things can get on sports forums.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, they're out there. Some of them might have separate accounts behind proxies for when they have to "play nice," but they're out there, just champing at the bit, anxiously awaiting the next loss so they can jump out of the shadows and remind everyone how dumb things can get on sports forums.
The knuckleheads? Lmao

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could have an incredible run and dominate to the SB and lose on a last second fluke play in OT and folks who haven't posted in 3 months will log on with "See! Love stinks, just like I told you all along. Rodgers would have made that play! Fire Gute! Fire MLF! Burn it down and start over. Trade all our picks for Rodgers and bring him back."

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like mosquitoes during a dry spell. You know that the eggs are out there, just waiting for a rain storm to come out again...
Seriously, though, what would one expect? I'd be willing to bet that, in October, the Positive Pollies weren't as upbeat as they are now. The current situation SHOULD make a difference.

For instance, now, on any forum you choose, there are folks who (negatively?) say the Pack is probably going to thumped by the Cowboys and those who figure (positively?) that they're primed to make a run of it. Depending on the outcome, somebody is going to pulling their horns in.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously, though, what would one expect? I'd be willing to bet that, in October, the Positive Pollies weren't as upbeat as they are now. The current situation SHOULD make a difference.
There were quite a few crying Carl's and anxious Annies about but the calm Carols and level-headed Larry's knew it would be an up and down season.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were quite a few crying Carl's and anxious Annies about but the calm Carols and level-headed Larry's knew it would be an up and down season.
My alliteration neurons have melted. :) Didn't realize there's now a middle ground group. If so, I figure the Carols and Larrys aren't getting all the excited about things now?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For instance, now, on any forum you choose, there are folks who (negatively?) say the Pack is probably going to thumped by the Cowboys and those who figure (positively?) that they're primed to make a run of it. Depending on the outcome, somebody is going to pulling their horns in.
I dont mind negative posts. I don't mind questioning decisions and moves the Packers make. But when Love has a poor game or even a series the reaction is to fire Gute, MLF, Mark Murphy, bench Love, Clifford is a better player, blah blah blah. The level of silliness by posters who post these things is mind boggling.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly. Everything is relative. It's just that (obviously from my screen name) I'm often well behind the curve in signing on to the positive end of things. Got bounced from one forum and was asked to tone things down in another during the 2011 season - what could possibly go wrong?. At season's end, the owner of the second one almost slit his wrists online.

Members online

Latest posts