The TE position going forward

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't understand why guys like Lee and Alcorn are taking so long to step up. They've had plenty of chances with Bubba looking so bad. Either the coaching at that position is poor or their talent just isn't there. It could be a combination of both. In any event, Lee is being handed his big chance now and he'd damned sure better grab it with both hands. Frankly, I'm not at all sure this group could make it with any other team.

JJ's background was with the TE's and he was considered one of the best young assistant coaches in the NFL. You can't go out there and catch it for them and that's been the problem with all the TE's lately. They can't catch the ball.

If these guys just dropped an average number of balls their numbers wouldn't have been great but wouldn't have been bad either. Plus Brett started going away from them because he couldn't count on them catching it when he threw it to them.

I saw TE's open plenty last year which means they know how to do that much. Now they need to hang onto it when it's thrown to them and we will be fine.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
IMO that is part of the reason for drafting Jones.... if he is as physical as they say... he can line up in the tight slot and bust the seam from the middle out... thing is can he or will he go over the middle and take the hits. Bubba's blocking was just fine last year, and maybe Lee will pick it up a notch.

If that is accomplished... watch the sidelines open up for DD and Jennings.