The TD that wasn't.

Did the Lions get screwed out of a TD?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
You can't act like a two year old if the refs blow a call, no offense. The Lions made enough mistakes that the one blown call didn't cost them the game. They had an easy uncovered touchdown and Johnson dropped the ball. Suh went offsides and in essence continued the Packers scoring drive. Their defense was unable to stop the Packers when it was ahead near the end of the game. They couldn't hang on to the ball. They couldn't tackle when it was needed. Don't blame the refs unless the team has its total act together. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

This is why we are 15-1. We don't make these mistakes. This is why we are number 1 in least amount of penalties and number 1 in turnover differential.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Like maybe the personal foul face mask no-call/fumble against Arizona?
Exactly. EVERY team has had that bad call at one time or another that may have aided them in losing the game. Sometimes I think the refs suck but I also think that, in these instances, they suck for both teams. However, one team may feel more of the repercussions. It's part of the game (unfortunately). Like Croak says, "Life sucks and then you die".

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Of course they got screwed. But I see there's at this point still ONE homer who thinks it was a good call.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh hell no. The games already last 3:15 to 3:30 with challenges as it is. NFL has so damn many rules that it has become a game of litigation and I, for one, hate that trend. I would rather do away with challenges altogether than to have 4 hour games because of endless challenges.

I don't think every close call should be auto-reviewed, but a team should get to keep challenging as long as theyre getting calls right. i.e. if you use a challenge to get the call overturned, you keep the challenge. You shouldn't run out just because you've already used 2 if you're using your challenges to make the game correct. But if you get them wrong you lose the challenge, that way, there's still a risk/reward.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think every close call should be auto-reviewed, but a team should get to keep challenging as long as theyre getting calls right. i.e. if you use a challenge to get the call overturned, you keep the challenge. You shouldn't run out just because you've already used 2 if you're using your challenges to make the game correct. But if you get them wrong you lose the challenge, that way, there's still a risk/reward.
I agree with your idea.
Could it work? I dunno.
The system is far from being perfect and with all the different viewpoints and opinions, I doubt it ever will be.
There will always be a fan somewhere complaining no matter how perfect they try and make it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts