The screen pass.....

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id love to see us use Grant on screen plays, Im really surprised he hasnt had that play come his way since the Denver game. Actually with how well Mccarthy has been calling plays, ive been waiting for it to come up.....seems to not be in the play selection though.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, some screens would be nice, but the important thing is that they have used Grant to attack the edges a lot in these last two games. They're just handing it off to him instead of throwing it. I think they will mix some more screens in there in upcoming games. I would like to see that.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he hurt his ankle. he should be good for the Lions game, Hes tough *touch wood*

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Grant in some screen plays would be awesome. I was at the Carolina game and it's amazing how different he looks than Jackson. Now Jackson may turn out to be good someday, but he dances in the hole something fierce right now. Grant hits the hole and finishes runs...he's fun to watch.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why we shouldn't try a few screens with Grant, but Jackson has made some nifty moves on screens. No reason to talk him down.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why we shouldn't try a few screens with Grant, but Jackson has made some nifty moves on screens. No reason to talk him down.

Just simply stating a fact that Jackson dances in the hole and Grant doesn't. I wasn't "talking him down". If you want to talk Ahmad Carroll with me, I'll show you what "talking down" is.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I like the way they mix it up. Bring in different things on different weeks to throw off the defense. You never know what McCarthy is going to bring so defenses are going to have to prepare for everything. It's awesome!

Screen pass one week, shovel another. Never know what's next.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id love to see us use Grant on screen plays, Im really surprised he hasnt had that play come his way since the Denver game. Actually with how well Mccarthy has been calling plays, ive been waiting for it to come up.....seems to not be in the play selection though.

Funny, a 49er fan friend of mine was saying Grant needs more TDs. Why not throw a screen from inside the 10? We used to do this all the time with Green. Why not with Grant?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way i see it........it WILL happen (more screens to Grant) but why use them now, when we haven't really needed it? Keep it for a nice SURPRISE for a team.....they won't be expecting it!
Thats they way i see it at least.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way i see it........it WILL happen (more screens to Grant) but why use them now, when we haven't really needed it? Keep it for a nice SURPRISE for a team.....they won't be expecting it!

I was kind of thinking the opposite. Let's get good at it so we can have it as a consistent weapon like we did with Green. Make teams have yet another thing they have to worry about.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

I was kind of thinking the opposite. Let's get good at it so we can have it as a consistent weapon like we did with Green. Make teams have yet another thing they have to worry about.
I wonder if they may be practicing it alot during the week. But kind of keep it in the aresenal as a surprise attack.
I of course really don't know. Maybe they just want to play to Grant's strongest points, and keep Jackson more for the screens.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
meh, run plays that work with players that do it well. Don't force it just cuz it's neat(which it is. I LOVE a good screen pass)

Against Detroits solid d-line, if they start getting penetration, get ready to see the screen and the shovel, and the draw.

Now THERE'S a man who knows football...

Members online

Latest posts