The return of Koren Robinson?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think everyone will agree koren is not that big of deal anymore the guy had his chances. there was a great peice on him at packersnews.com.....

with that being said i do however believe he is a solid possesion receiver and would be a nice 4th option for brett on the slants.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instead of Shotgun with 3 receivers, we'll use 4 :)

I think he'll help out in special teams and as the 4th receiver when he's on the field. Hopefully he's allowed back.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
i think everyone will agree koren is not that big of deal anymore the guy had his chances. there was a great peice on him at packersnews.com.....

with that being said i do however believe he is a solid possesion receiver and would be a nice 4th option for brett on the slants.

If it was the slide show that you're referring to, watch it again, think of how poorly flawed and how grossly moronic the perception given truly is.

Reaction score
Yes, I think he'll be 4th receiver for the time being, and to be honest I don't think there is a dime back in the league that can compete with K-Rob.

That should push Martin to 5th WR, and I would take Martin/5th DB match-up any day of the week.

We can spread the WRs out, and perhaps use that to open up some more running lanes.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can never have too many good WRs. Remember 96? We could have gone 15-1 that year if it hadn't been for injuries to WRs.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You know Koren is watching the Packers games. Just imagine what that's doing to his confidence coming back?

You just know he's busting his *** off so he can come be a part of the winning.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
K-rob was the number one receiver for the vikes two years ago.

He's our number 4. that's depth. he's def. an improvement over ruvell martin.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming he's reinstated, he and Tramon Williams will be a very good kick returning duo once he gets his football legs under him. I think he'll definitely see some work on offense as well. He can really only help our young offense be that much better.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's reinstated, it's good news for Charles Woodson. I really don't want him returning punts anymore.

As for the whole 4 WR thing... I don't know. I don't know if our offensive line is good enough to handle that many receivers on the field at one time.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's reinstated, it's good news for Charles Woodson. I really don't want him returning punts anymore.

As for the whole 4 WR thing... I don't know. I don't know if our offensive line is good enough to handle that many receivers on the field at one time.

We've played a ton of 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 HB where the only guy staying in to help block is the HB. How is swapping the TE for KR going to affect the blocking?

Blackmon is the PR once his cast comes off. Woodson wouldn't be back there if it weren't for that injury.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:

If it was the slide show that you're referring to, watch it again, think of how poorly flawed and how grossly moronic the perception given truly is.

I saw that slide show, and I pretty much agreed with it. Tramon Williams has done well returning kicks, and Blackmon should be even better than Williams when his thumb heals. Robinson may eventually be able to beat both of them out for the kick return job, but would he really be THAT much of an upgrade? And as a receiver, he will be the #4 guy at best, even when he gets up to playing speed.

Robinson's greatest value will be in providing depth. And that's assuming he comes back and stays back. He has a long history of being unreliable. Suspensions, missed meetings, dropped pass, etc. I think a lot of fans have blown him out of proportion.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he doesn't mess up, he could be big! I think he has something to prove, and that could make him a beast on the field.
JMO

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Robinson's greatest value will be in providing depth. And that's assuming he comes back and stays back. He has a long history of being unreliable. Suspensions, missed meetings, dropped pass, etc. I think a lot of fans have blown him out of proportion.

There's a ton of value in upgrading depth. Right now we have Francies on the regular roster due to WR injuries. We were lucky this week that Jennings was back and Jones' injury wasn't serious enough to hold him out. Favre had trust in Robinson for the short time he played last year and that can only help this season.

With the way our running game has been lately, I think we need Robinson to contribute. As stated, which nickle or dime back is going to be able to cover him? As for KR, Williams has done well, but Robinson was a pro-bowler at it. That's a very nice returning duo to have and it shouldn't be under-estimated.

The guy has a lot to prove due to his suspension. GB is giving him a chance to salvage his career and I doubt he'll just slack off as he did in the past.

GO PACK GO!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Greg C. said:

There's a ton of value in upgrading depth. Right now we have Francies on the regular roster due to WR injuries. We were lucky this week that Jennings was back and Jones' injury wasn't serious enough to hold him out. Favre had trust in Robinson for the short time he played last year and that can only help this season.

With the way our running game has been lately, I think we need Robinson to contribute. As stated, which nickle or dime back is going to be able to cover him? As for KR, Williams has done well, but Robinson was a pro-bowler at it. That's a very nice returning duo to have and it shouldn't be under-estimated.

The guy has a lot to prove due to his suspension. GB is giving him a chance to salvage his career and I doubt he'll just slack off as he did in the past.

GO PACK GO!!!

I agree. Deep teams go deep in January. When injuries become a problem for everybody it will be good for us to be deep at receiver vs. teams having problems finding depth at DB.

The more starting quality depth we have the better. More later than sooner (hopefully) but sooner OR later depth always comes in handy.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
He will take us to a full out run and shoot offense... JK.

He is another big target that can exploit the middle of the field and doesn't mind going over it. Can't hurt in my opinion, unless he brings a bad attitude to the locker room with his role as a bit player.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one definitely needs a bump.

I'd like to see him back. Our PRs/KRs haven't gotten a TD yet, have they? Plus, Ruvell Martin's a decent 4th, but still a work in progress. Imagine having Driver, Jennings, Jones, Koren, and Martin as our 5th. It would drive opposing D's nuts.

I do think we need him mostly for STs though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Look at the success Detroit has had on offense with their depth at WR. I'm anxious for Koren's return.

Me too. If we're going to have problems running the ball, then let's be so good of a passing team that it doesn't matter. Koren's better than Ruvell Martin. I like Martin, don't get me wrong. But Koren would be an upgrade at WR #4 as someone else said.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is getting good. I could see us getting a stud RB in next years deep draft as well as a playmaking TE. i would love to see a kellen winslow type TE in GB!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
special teams is where Koren may show the most help. I'd like to see Koren get involved in the west coast offense.

DD, K-Rob , JJ, GJ on the field at the same time could cause fits for opposing defenses.

how will another teams #3 db match up against JJ, or k-rob

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
K-rob maybe able to do some damage in the west coast offense when he lines up against a #3 or #4 defensive back

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Koren is a Probowl-caliber returner.

And let's not forget that our ST's have returned exactly zero kicks/punts for a TD.

We need this guy if we want to make a serious Super Bowl run.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
When is he able to come back again, mid-october??

Here's to hoping to see him in Denver!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts