1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the REAL test

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by wranglerjeansfan, Dec 1, 2007.

1. wranglerjeansfan

wranglerjeansfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think that as much as last game was a test for our guys, the upcoming one against oakland is as well. remember, we have a young team who is used to winning, so let's see how they handle a loss like this. i think this is a little bit different than coming off the bears loss, just because it was on a bigger stage with much more media attention surrounding it (two 10-1 teams, etc.).

with that being said, i really think our guys are gonna be able to bounce back next game. what i love about our team is that our guys are competitors. they aren't out there working for themselves, but for each other. when receivers don't get the ball, they block. when grant doesn't get the ball, he blocks too. and talk about not going down easy, the playmakers on the offense work for every extra inch (look at driver, jennings, jones and grant). as long as we can go back to short passes and letting our receivers grind out the yards after catch, and giving grant the ball some more, i think we'll be fine.

2. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    im going to put money on the next game if the line is under 10 points, us at home pissed off......pleeeeeez , we are gonna kick Oaklands *** up and down the field, Im expecting a shutout!

Pack is for real and the day of reckoning will come.

3. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    so true i think the guys will be good at home after the loss i hear oakland is starting their new q.b so that could be good for the d-line

4. Rios39

Rios39 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I expect the Pack to be angry for the first time this season as this was the first game they got really outplayed in.

5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Oakland game is definitely a test to see how we handle ourselves after an extremely disappointing loss. Can we bounce back and not let it get to us, or do we let it linger and hinder our play?

6. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    nah...we were outplayed by PHI no doubt, but that means nothing to the guys at this point

7. Aytumious

Aytumious Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    JaMarcus Russell is likely to see his first action of the season. I'm doubting it will be pretty for him.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    more 'Tests' ?

K.

9. TexasPackerFan

TexasPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If anything the Dallas game should be seen as a good sign. With 4 guys out on D and Favre being knocked out of the game we were still in it until the final minutes of the 4th. On paper they should have blown us out but we were in the game until the end. We played horrible and still were in the game with out backups.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We lost to the Bears, and came back after that and did fine. We will do fine.

11. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Fine is not good enough. We need to sweep the AFC West and sweep it hard.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "Fine" to me means WIN!
    Thats all we need to do, WIN. And that will take care of everything. :wink:

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I just don't want to win. I want to win with dominance.

If we barely beat a 4-8 team...