The omnibus "everything but the kitchen sink" (bathroom/pantry/butler sinks OK) thread

Reaction score
How would the world even react if we somehow barely made it into the playoffs as a 6 seed. And then made it to the NFC championship game. Cause likely we would play the Bears in the first round and we match up better against them than Minn imo. But could you imagine the confusion and emotion around that lol?

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an agree and a like button and I think there should be a disagree and a dislike button. I've given out more diassagrees but I have removed therm because they don't necessarily reflect my true feelings. I may be more apt to use a dislike over a disagree. Then there are those posts that just leave me shaking my head and saying WTF. I simply choose to forget I ever read those.
I also think there should be a "pessimistic" button. If there's an "optimistic" button, it only makes sense to have the opposite of that as an option. The only option when you don't like something is the "disagree" button.

I'd be curious to hear the reasoning on why there is not a "pessimistic" button.

Reaction score
I also think there should be a "pessimistic" button. If there's an "optimistic" button, it only makes sense to have the opposite of that as an option. The only option when you don't like something is the "disagree" button.

I'd be curious to hear the reasoning on why there is not a "pessimistic" button.

One time on a thread of "who is your favorite packer of all time", a completely 100% opinion based answer, I said Brett Favre, and I got a red X lol. Okay so are you saying you disagree that MY personal favorite Packer of all time is Favre or are you just an a**? lol

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should get rid of buttons and you should just tell people what you think.

At the risk of continuing the hijack, it's exactly the commenting when a button would work that drive me nuts on some other forums. Someone will reply to a lengthy post, obviously creating another lengthy post, only to say "I agree" or "+1" or some such. Obviously is no ideal format, but I definitely think there's a place for (fill in the smilie of your choice) in lieu of a string of replies.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers have an 82% chance of making the playoffs by winning out. Those odds actually increase to 83% if the Vikings win out and increase to 85% if the Bears win out.

If the Vikings AND the Bears win out all the way until their week 17 matchup, regardless of the outcome of that game, the Packers have a 71% chance of making the playoffs.

The thought of starting Kizer shouldn't even enter the minds of anyone associated with the Packers until (if) they lose another game.

Very little at this point is certain. What we do know though is that the Saints and Rams will win their respective divisions. And we also know that we don't need to concern ourselves with teams that have 7 losses or more, given that winning out gives us just 6 losses.

So teams that have no barring on the Packers:

Saints
Rams

Giants
Lions
Falcons
Bucs
Cardinals
49ers

That leaves the following teams:

Cowboys (6-5), Redskins (6-5), Eagles (5-6) (one of these teams have to win the division)
Panthers (6-5)
Seahawks (6-5)
Bears (8-3), Vikings (6-4-1) (lets assume one of these teams win the division)

So assuming we're looking at a wild card berth, we are essentially competing with 5 teams for 2 spots since out of that above list, two of those teams have to win the division.

The Cowboys to me are the favorite for the division right now
The Redskins could self destruct without Alex Smith.
The Eagles have been a mess all year and have a brutal schedule
The Panthers have lost three in a row and still play the Saints twice
The Seahawks have to play the Chiefs, albeit at home, otherwise fairly easy schedule
- (they do however play the Vikings, which is a guaranteed loss for one of those teams, assuming no tie)
The Bears are the favorite for the division right now
The Vikings are at the Patriots and at the Seahawks (guaranteed loss for one team), along with two division games to finish out. A 2-3 finish is more than just a small possibility given that schedule, which would put the Packers ahead of them.

This puppy is far from over and it's also far more likely than not that the Packers make the playoffs if they win out.

All isn't lost just yet. Catching fire at the right time could be dangerous.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How would the world even react if we somehow barely made it into the playoffs as a 6 seed. And then made it to the NFC championship game. Cause likely we would play the Bears in the first round and we match up better against them than Minn imo. But could you imagine the confusion and emotion around that lol?

Not interested in another NFCCG *** kicking. It will blind Murphy into thinking MM should stay.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have an 82% chance of making the playoffs by winning out. Those odds actually increase to 83% if the Vikings win out and increase to 85% if the Bears win out.
Did you get these numbers from the NY Times website? Or somewhere else? Just curious I enjoy looking at these things!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And then coming up with yet another humiliating way to lose it after being in the top handful projected to go all the way? Maybe not as many as you think.
I bet every fan would love their team going in.. Don't use hind sight

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should get rid of buttons and you should just tell people what you think.

I don't think we should do that. I think the buttons helps eliminate the need for unnecessary posts. Like this one. Although I did feel the need to explain why I gave you a big red X. That and it was the only 1 left besides agree and since I don't I couldn't give you that one.

I wouldn't have a problem with starting to replace starters after the start of the 2nd half to reduce injury risk I just think there is something to be said for continuity and at least starting a game like you are trying to win it.

Its a little different than sitting guys in week 16,17 when you have it all sewn up but I don't like that idea either. I think your starters should prep and go through the same routine consistently from week to week. Sit them after a few series if you want to save them but let them oprepare and start the game as if it did mean something.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't think we should do that. I think the buttons helps eliminate the need for unnecessary posts. Like this one. Although I did feel the need to explain why I gave you a big red X. That and it was the only 1 left besides agree and since I don't I couldn't give you that one.

I wouldn't have a problem with starting to replace starters after the start of the 2nd half to reduce injury risk I just think there is something to be said for continuity and at least starting a game like you are trying to win it.

Its a little different than sitting guys in week 16,17 when you have it all sewn up but I don't like that idea either. I think your starters should prep and go through the same routine consistently from week to week. Sit them after a few series if you want to save them but let them oprepare and start the game as if it did mean something.

Commenting on both of your comments :) :

I too like buttons, however I don't feel the need to rate every post I see, especially when its a repeat of something I have either rated or has been said numerous times. I too like the ability to say "informative" "Agree" "winner", etc when it doesn't require anything but that. The Red X to me is something a bit "special" and I save giving them when someone is just not being factual or their "opinion" is just way off base (IMO). I also follow it up with why I "X'd" it.

As far as the rest of the season and who plays, that obviously depends on when the Packers are officially eliminated as well as what the plans are with the team after this season. If the Packers get eliminated, I say you start playing guys with an eye for the future. Only reason I play Rodgers for a small part of the time would be to give him what appears to be needed work with Graham and the Rookie WR's. But I pull veteran starters that will be with the team next season. Guys I don't bother playing are ones that the Packers are pretty sure won't be back in Green Bay (Matthews, Cobb, Lewis, etc.). Treat whatever games are left as getting ready for 2019 and for god sakes, don't expose Rodgers to a big injury.

But if MM is on his way out or thinks he might be, good luck getting him to not go all in on every game.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not interested in another NFCCG *** kicking. It will blind Murphy into thinking MM should stay.
Serious question..

If they did make it to that game, doesn't that mean they are doing good? And that would indicate the staff and players can figure out how to win?

Wouldn't that mean most should stay?.

To be in that game this year, would mean MM was there 5 times in 13 years . Which isn't bad

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like my quota card is filled, my job here is done. Well, right after I settle this Jason Spriggs thing...

Reaction score
Serious question..

If they did make it to that game, doesn't that mean they are doing good? And that would indicate the staff and players can figure out how to win?

Wouldn't that mean most should stay?.

To be in that game this year, would mean MM was there 5 times in 13 years . Which isn't bad

:coffee: dont go making sense now ya hear?