The omnibus "everything but the kitchen sink" (bathroom/pantry/butler sinks OK) thread

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to disagree with your post but I didn't want to seem rude.:D I can get away with that with Poker (did I remove the disagree from that post yet, I don't recall) but some people are to serious and literal.

Seriously I think its only rude if you don't go on to explain why you disagree.
Well I see you have only given 78 red Xs yourself... so either you agree with most of what you read... which I find to be highly unlikely in this forum lol... or something has caused you to refrain from dishing out the x’s. ;)

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I see you have only given 78 red Xs yourself... so either you agree with most of what you read... which I find to be highly unlikely in this forum lol... or something has caused you to refrain from dishing out the x’s. ;)
groupthink

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You couldn’t be further from the truth. Actually, I have kind of admired you optimistic approach regarding the Packers, I’m just saying it’s not necessary to be a jerk about it.
Point taken. I appreciate your honesty. I will use the ignore button on those individuals who are more interested in petty arguments than discussing football.

You seem like one of the good guys on this forum - thanks.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone get me up to speed as to how the last 2 pages have anything to do with benching Rodgers for das Kizer?? (is it das or der? or something else I never learned from Hogan's Heroes?)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No more than we can on any of the other hijacked threads. However, just as with the others, if it generates posts...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can anyone get me up to speed as to how the last 2 pages have anything to do with benching Rodgers for das Kizer?? (is it das or der? or something else I never learned from Hogan's Heroes?)

Der Kizer spielt für die Packers

LOL.....I guess when you are talking about Kizer, 2-3 posts and we are all out of material!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is an agree and a like button and I think there should be a disagree and a dislike button. I've given out more diassagrees but I have removed therm because they don't necessarily reflect my true feelings. I may be more apt to use a dislike over a disagree. Then there are those posts that just leave me shaking my head and saying WTF. I simply choose to forget I ever read those.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hogans Heroes, My favorite show.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And as far as benching Rodgers for Kizer maybe for the last 1 or 2 weeks but not before and only if we lose 2 of the next 3. Rodgers should start the next three weeks even if we are eliminated.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an agree and a like button and I think there should be a disagree and a dislike button. I've given out more diassagrees but I have removed therm because they don't necessarily reflect my true feelings. I may be more apt to use a dislike over a disagree. Then there are those posts that just leave me shaking my head and saying WTF. I simply choose to forget I ever read those.

Tried that before. Ain't gonna happen. https://www.packerforum.com/threads/dislike-button.65986/

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too impatient to read through the off-topic ramblings in this topic....

Starting Kizer should be a no-brainer if/when the Packers are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Why waste him on the bench after trading for him due to the organization thinking he has great potential? Worst case scenario is he flops like Hundley and the Packers get a higher draft pick next year. Best case scenario is he performs abone projected expectations and can either be used as trade bait, or he cements himself as a potentially realistic heir to Rodgers. It's a no-lose scenario especially when taking into account that Kizer starting means 0% chance of a Rodgers in-game injury.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Too impatient to read through the off-topic ramblings in this topic....

Starting Kizer should be a no-brainer if/when the Packers are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Why waste him on the bench after trading for him due to the organization thinking he has great potential? Worst case scenario is he flops like Hundley and the Packers get a higher draft pick next year. Best case scenario is he performs abone projected expectations and can either be used as trade bait, or he cements himself as a potentially realistic heir to Rodgers. It's a no-lose scenario especially when taking into account that Kizer starting means 0% chance of a Rodgers in-game injury.

While I totally agree with you, the only arguments I can see for continuing to play Rodgers (once mathematically eliminated from the playoffs) would be to allow him to continue to establish chemistry with Rookie WR's and even Graham. Also, there is something to be said about putting on a "good show" for those ticket holders who didn't pay to see an exhibition game. Obviously, you don't want Rodgers to suffer a major injury, so you play similar to preseason and only safe quick passes. But yes, start emptying that bench at some point half way into the game and give players that will be back in Green Bay some playing time.

I posted this before, there is one rusty wheel in all of this, if MM knows he is either coaching for his job or if in fact he knows he has lost his job, why would he want to play reserves?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers and these receivers are the future, they need to get it working and keep working on it until they do.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers and these receivers are the future, they need to get it working and keep working on it until they do.
Obviously, I agree with this and would add, due to the way the Packers and many NFL teams treat the PreSeason, sitting top players like AR to try and protect them from injury, that chemistry needs to be established and I don't see any other way to establish it in "real" game situations. Too often we see Preseason success by young guys and that is mistaken for "this guy is ready for Prime Time". Only problem, that success might have been playing with a different QB as well as against reserves.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These young guys and the QB need every opportunity to have success and mistakes to learn from this offseason. They aren't going to learn it in the classroom if they don't get to get out and do it. Once we're out of it, stats be damned. Run the GD offense and if a guy isn't where he supposed to be throw it on time anyway. Then let him learn from it. This not looking and not throwing because you don't trust them teaches them nothing when they're open and you don't throw them the ball.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...does this include Tonyan? ;) That 4.63 speed might come in handy up the middle. Doubt Graham has close to that anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts