The Next 4 Games...

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are critical for success this season, not just for Green Bay but for the Vikings as well..

We play the Vikes, Bears, Lions and Cowboys.
They play us, Atlanta, Seattle and the Cardinals.

These 4 games will determine the division winner in my opinion. IF we can get it together and play up to our full potential, we should win all four and the Vikes could easily lose all 4..

Thoughts??

OP
OP
Packerlover

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think IF we beat the vikes than yes 4-0 is doable, if not 3-1 or at worst 2-2
As for the vikings I could say 3-1 or 2-2 depending on sundays outcome
If the Vikes beat us, I don't think they will beat the Falcons, Seahawks or the Cardinals. So we may go 3 and 1 but they will go 1 and 3 IMO.. but that's just me..

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really appreciate your optimism but here is my break down

@ Min - this could go either way
vs Chi- Win
@ Det Win
vs Dal Win

for minnesota
vs GB- this could go either way
@ Atl- Win
vs Sea - this could go either way
@ Ari - Loss

Reaction score
If the Vikes beat us, I don't think they will beat the Falcons, Seahawks or the Cardinals. So we may go 3 and 1 but they will go 1 and 3 IMO.. but that's just me..
HeY! Our D played really well at Detroit. While Our Offense couldn't have played much worse. If our D steps up like last week, I think our Offense will begin to break their spell. We won't go forever losing games and overall we are very similar in strength to a sound MN team this year. Don't expect Crosby to lose the game this week.
This week is essentially our 1st playoff game. A loss puts us "behind the count" and playing catchup from here forward for a wild card. A win this week puts us on top of the 7-3 tiebreaker with another match against MN at Lambeau to seal the deal.
All focus needs to be on this game and getting our swagger back.
GB 24
MN 20
We SHOULD go 3-1
They should go 2-2

Last edited:

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
All I know is that the schedule maker are genius. Vikings @ Packers last game...I wouldn't be shocked at all if that game is for the division. Just glad it's a home game

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
4 weeks ago I looked at these 4 games (plus Detroit) as our "get healthy and coast" portion of our schedule, a month later I view this stretch as our "find ourselves or else" portion of our schedule. As much as I want to think the offense finds its way this weekend, I don't see it *ducks*. If the offense can turn it around, we go 3-1, but if they don't, hard to see anything better then 2-2.

Not too concerned about the Vikings, since if we don't turn things around, no matter what they do, they aren't winning the Super Bowl :coffee:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what I saw of the Packers last Sunday and looking at the injury situation now I think we may be headed toward something either like 2013 or 2008. They may, like two years ago, suffer a sustained losing streak like they did during the 8 game stretch they were without Aaron Rodgers but have Minnesota stumble down the stretch like Chicago and Detroit did then and have a shot on the final day.

Or it could be like 7 years ago when they went into freefall after 10 games and finished up with a 6-10 record. But did bounce right back into the playoffs with an 11-5 the next season and won the Super Bowl two years later.

If the Packers couldn't beat the Lions at home I don't see them faring much better in Ford Field, where they've lost 3 of the last four trips there. The Bears are playing better football now than are the Packers and seeing the 23 year win streak at Lambeau over Detroit come to an end why not see Chicago pulling one out on them on Thanksgiving night.

Minnesota this week: probable loss. That would put the Pack at 6-6 heading into the final month.

There may be some help ahead if Atlanta, Seattle and Arizona beat the Vikings. Assuming Minnesota wins this week that would put them at 8-5 going into December. Key for the Packers' chances in this scenario would be if Chicago or the Giants can pull an upset at Minnesota in December.

But the Packers have a rough December schedule. Dallas will have Tony Romo back when they come into Lambeau. Road games against Oakland and Arizona. The division title could already belong to the Queens by the time of the finale in Lambeau.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season, not just for us but around the league, has been so crazy I've just about given up on trying to figure it out.:unsure:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are critical for success this season, not just for Green Bay but for the Vikings as well..

We play the Vikes, Bears, Lions and Cowboys.
They play us, Atlanta, Seattle and the Cardinals.

These 4 games will determine the division winner in my opinion. IF we can get it together and play up to our full potential, we should win all four and the Vikes could easily lose all 4..

Thoughts??
The way the Packers are playing they will lose all four games. If they lose to the Lions at home who can they beat. I don't see the Packers fixing their offensive woes they don't have the talent at TE RB and now WE with Jordy gone.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's certainly an exciting time to be a Packer fan!

Bring it on.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's certainly an exciting time to be a Packer fan!

Bring it on.
will they? or won't they? That's the question. We know what they're capable of and that bring on about every emotion possible, because they've shown to be capable of some of the best play we've seen and also some of the worst. So which is showing up on Sunday?

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
will they? or won't they? That's the question. We know what they're capable of and that bring on about every emotion possible, because they've shown to be capable of some of the best play we've seen and also some of the worst. So which is showing up on Sunday?
I think Sunday's game will determine the mood and tone for the rest of the season. If we lose, I will seriously start doubting our playoff chances.

but if we win..... it's on.

D

Deleted member 6794

I´m still not sold on the Vikings being a team that is capable of beating good teams. The Packers have struggled over the last few weeks but I see them getting out of their slump on Sunday and get a win at Minnesota. For the rest of the regular season I expect us to win the NFC North but getting a first-round bye will be a tough task.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´m still not sold on the Vikings being a team that is capable of beating good teams. The Packers have struggled over the last few weeks but I see them getting out of their slump on Sunday and get a win at Minnesota. For the rest of the regular season I expect us to win the NFC North but getting a first-round bye will be a tough task.

With Zimmer's history of success vs Rodgers and the Packers offence, combined with the Packers recent struggles, I'm convinced of the Vikings ability to win this game.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is that the schedule maker are genius. Vikings @ Packers last game...I wouldn't be shocked at all if that game is for the division. Just glad it's a home game

I remember threads (here?) at the start of the season essentially asking which team might challenge the Pack for the division. The great majority of the responses (and my own thought) was 'nobody'. This is one of the situations where I'd love to have a time machine to go back and place a bet that the Vikes would lead the Pack by a game after nine played.

D

Deleted member 6794

With Zimmer's history of success vs Rodgers and the Packers offence, combined with the Packers recent struggles, I'm convinced of the Vikings ability to win this game.

Rodgers and the Packers have scored an average of 30 points against defense´s coached by Zimmer, the team lost two games against the Bengals because of giving up a total of 65 points in them.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is one of the situations where I'd love to have a time machine to go back and place a bet that the Vikes would lead the Pack by a game after nine played.
W can never go back, because if we could, someone (besides Marty McFly) would have already come back from the future :rolleyes: But I can fire up the "future machine" and allow you to place a bet on where the Pack and Vikes will be after the next 7 games.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers and the Packers have scored an average of 30 points against defense´s coached by Zimmer, the team lost two games against the Bengals because of giving up a total of 65 points in them.

Then I'll put it this way. With Zimmer's ability as a D coach, how well his D has been doing- especially in getting after QB"s- and until the Packers overcome their 2 month long struggles on offence- I have very little confidence the Packers will do much this week.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m not sure what the source of optimism is for the next game, let alone the next four is except for (just) hope. As mentioned, the Packers just lost at home to one of the worst teams in the league. If they play like that why would anyone have confidence they’d beat better teams, particularly away? Here’s the Wednesday injury report for the Packers. Six players were full participants so I won’t list them.

Did Not Participate
Abrrederis – rib/chest
Bulaga - knee
Lang - shoulder

Limited Participation
Bakhtiari - knee
Hyde - hip
Matthews – ankle/knee
Rodgers- right shoulder
Sitton – knee

The only O lineman not on the report is Linsley; two didn’t practice and two were limited. Now it’s not uncommon for players to get a rest at this point in the season but with the way the OL has played the last few games, there’s certainly reason for concern. Although they were “only” limited, the Packers best player on each side of the ball appears on the list and of course it’s not an insignificant thing for Rodgers’ injury to be his throwing shoulder or Matthews his ankle/knee potentially affecting his speed.

BTW, for regular season games from the beginning of the 2014 season, the Packers are 12-1 at home and 6-6 away. Unfortunately, the “fact” the Packers are desperate for a win on Sunday doesn’t mean they’ll get one.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Detroit game kind of smashed my feelings of "ahhh, it was just 2 road games, against undefeated teams, we will get back in the groove at home against one of the worst teams in the NFL." Couple that with the way the Packers kind of limped into those 3 losses, not particularly firing on all cylinders. It's been quite a long time since I had so much doubt in the Packers going into a game. The hope/faithful side of me says they have the talent to right the ship and still go all the way, but the practical, logical side of me says this just may not be their year. Trying to right the ship in Minnysh**ty with the way both teams have been playing, could get ugly.

But who knows, maybe being the underdog for the first time this year, is the wake-up call we needed!

Go Pack Go!

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m not sure what the source of optimism is for the next game, let alone the next four is except for (just) hope. As mentioned, the Packers just lost at home to one of the worst teams in the league. If they play like that why would anyone have confidence they’d beat better teams, particularly away? Here’s the Wednesday injury report for the Packers. Six players were full participants so I won’t list them.

Did Not Participate
Abrrederis – rib/chest
Bulaga - knee
Lang - shoulder

Limited Participation
Bakhtiari - knee
Hyde - hip
Matthews – ankle/knee
Rodgers- right shoulder
Sitton – knee

The only O lineman not on the report is Linsley; two didn’t practice and two were limited. Now it’s not uncommon for players to get a rest at this point in the season but with the way the OL has played the last few games, there’s certainly reason for concern. Although they were “only” limited, the Packers best player on each side of the ball appears on the list and of course it’s not an insignificant thing for Rodgers’ injury to be his throwing shoulder or Matthews his ankle/knee potentially affecting his speed.

BTW, for regular season games from the beginning of the 2014 season, the Packers are 12-1 at home and 6-6 away. Unfortunately, the “fact” the Packers are desperate for a win on Sunday doesn’t mean they’ll get one.

We need more optimism around here, TJV. Facts won't cut it as of now. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts