The Next 4 Games...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth ... the Pack had a "players only" meeting this week. That should do it ... that is unless they were planning the company Christmas party.

I'm with TJV. There is absolutely NOTHING to support optimism in the outcome of this week's game with the Vikings. They are on a roll and are a confident bunch as are their fans.

In spite of the largely scripted responses of confidence coming out of Green Bay's locker room one of two things is true. They're questioning themselves BIG time and confidence is down the crapper OR they're pi$$ed off, and helped each other at this players only meeting to pull their heads out of their collective a**es.

I hope there was a corresponding 'coaches only' meeting.

One thing is for sure here ... this Sunday's game will define where this team goes and if they do win, then NEXT week's game will define where they go, and if they win that game, then it will be the ensuing week's game. One thing is for certain, this 4 game stretch of divisional games is not only integral for a division championship ... long term, we are looking at our guys having dropped 2 conference games as well. We've got some BIG stuff -- important games -- HUGE games ahead of the Pack.

Good teams don't just suddenly get bad ... something's going on and I have confidence in McCarthy to get it straightened out. I just hope it's in time.

Incidentally, I'd been telling anyone who would listen that the Vikes were going to give us all we could handle since training camp for two reasons ... a defense that was wildly improved last year and the return of Peterson. My Viking fan friends loved me for that .... Packers fans pooh-pooh'ed it with "yeah, but they have Bridgewater". Well, Bridgewater's 7-yard-arm is all they need to dump off passes to Peterson and quick hitters over the middle to a tightend.

For the record, I "hope" the Pack pulls this one out -- hope isn't a plan ... but it's something. I heard Sean Jones say one time that "Everyone has a plan. A plan is a good thing until they start beating you in the face..."

Go Pack.

OP
OP
Packerlover

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of interesting comments here. I believe that there IS room for optimism. Just as it's easy to lose confidence in yourself after a game or two, it's just as easy to get that confidence back, like my grandfather once said, "The sun has to shine on the other side of the barn at some point." I believe The Green Bay Packers know how important this game is and how important these next 4 games are. I don't believe that the offense will lay another egg, they will get it going and although the game should be close, I feel we will win it and get things back on track.

Reaction score
Apology for being blunt. It's been a frustrating year.
I know Crosby was put in a pressure
Situation, that was not his doing.
I also know Crosby is better than a knuckleball from 50 yards. Granted it's not an easy kick, but as a Professional player that has the leg to make these kicks that's a play you gotta make. If it's 15 degrees out or whatever? Then I understand a knuckleball on a good hold. I'll also give him more leeway on a block because that's more beyond his control. Not on a shank tho.
I'll be the first to Congratulate him if he wins on any FG to beat The Vikes.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also know Crosby is better than a knuckleball from 50 yards. Granted it's not an easy kick, but as a Professional player that has the leg to make these kicks that's a play you gotta make. If it's 15 degrees out or whatever? Then I understand a knuckleball on a good hold. I'll also give him more leeway on a block because that's more beyond his control. Not on a shank tho.
I was talking about giving my post a "funny" but yes, it has been a frustrating year. Gotta believe breh!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth ... the Pack had a "players only" meeting this week. That should do it ... that is unless they were planning the company Christmas party.

I'm with TJV. There is absolutely NOTHING to support optimism in the outcome of this week's game with the Vikings. They are on a roll and are a confident bunch as are their fans.

In spite of the largely scripted responses of confidence coming out of Green Bay's locker room one of two things is true. They're questioning themselves BIG time and confidence is down the crapper OR they're pi$$ed off, and helped each other at this players only meeting to pull their heads out of their collective a**es.

One thing is for sure here ... this Sunday's game will define where this team goes and if they do win, then NEXT week's game will define where they go, and if they win that game, then it will be the ensuing week's game. One thing is for certain, this 4 game stretch of divisional games is not only integral for a division championship ... long term, we are looking at our guys having dropped 2 conference games as well. We've got some BIG stuff -- important games -- HUGE games ahead of the Pack.

Good teams don't just suddenly get bad ... something's going on and I have confidence in McCarthy to get it straightened out. I just hope it's in time.

Incidentally, I'd been telling anyone who would listen that the Vikes were going to give us all we could handle since training camp for two reasons ... a defense that was wildly improved last year and the return of Peterson. My Viking fan friends loved me for that .... Packers fans pooh-pooh'ed it with "yeah, but they have Bridgewater". Well, Bridgewater's 7-yard-arm is all they need to dump off passes to Peterson and quick hitters over the middle to a tightend.

For the record, I "hope" the Pack pulls this one out -- hope isn't a plan ... but it's something. I heard Sean Jones say one time that "Everyone has a plan. A plan is a good thing until they start beating you in the face..."

Go Pack.
Lol. A "game-manager" is another word for an average QB with a good RB.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go Pack.
I love this post.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Sadly, even had Crosby made that FG at home, against a 1-7 team, I think we all still would be wondering what is wrong the Packers.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's not put it all on Crosby. He was just the topping on a Packers' crap cake last Sunday.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
..... like my grandfather once said, "The sun has to shine on the other side of the barn at some point."

Jes' sayin', what if the front of the barn has a southern exposure? The sun doesn't hit the north side -- I've seen a lot of barns where the north side is covered in moss. Of course, most of those old barns are torn down and the wood used for hardwood floors now... ;) Love your optimism ... I'm just being a wise guy.

Had a conversation with a long time Packers fan yesterday - he was a "leatherhead" back in the day. He dismissed all of the talking heads and self-proclaimed sports experts as "morons" who have never played a down and get paid to do nothing but talk ... even if they have nothing to say. :tup: Old Leatherhead predicts the Packers win this game decisively -- said there would be "no doubt" by 5 p.m. central...unless, of course, they don't ... nothing quite like a definite maybe. :roflmao:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the blown opportunities year after year that make me shake my head. The 2011 flop after winning the Super Bowl and then going 15 -1; the 'what might have been' season in 2013 destroyed by injury; the epic collapse in the title game last season; and this season, full of promise with what was being looked at as a possible historic offence that was never on the field for even one play after Nelson went down in pre season.
And struggling in a season ripe for the taking with only a handful of above average teams. On a whole it's a down year for the NFL, as most of the league is from mediocre to downright pathetic. And at least thus far, we can't take advantage.

OP
OP
Packerlover

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jes' sayin', what if the front of the barn has a southern exposure? The sun doesn't hit the north side -- I've seen a lot of barns where the north side is covered in moss. Of course, most of those old barns are torn down and the wood used for hardwood floors now... ;) Love your optimism ... I'm just being a wise guy.

Had a conversation with a long time Packers fan yesterday - he was a "leatherhead" back in the day. He dismissed all of the talking heads and self-proclaimed sports experts as "morons" who have never played a down and get paid to do nothing but talk ... even if they have nothing to say. :tup: Old Leatherhead predicts the Packers win this game decisively -- said there would be "no doubt" by 5 p.m. central...unless, of course, they don't ... nothing quite like a definite maybe. :roflmao:
I "liked" your comment... I wanted to choose "Funny" Too! :)

Members online