The Las Vegas Raiders is official it seems

D

Deleted member 6794

The Raiders still need 75% of the owners to vote in favor of them relocating to Las Vegas.

Sky King

Reaction score
Here is the back story:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...gas-stadium-higher-priority-convention-center

Adelson has a long history of opposing expansion of the LVCVA's convention center, already the largest of the three major convention centers in LV and direct competition for Adelson's Sands Convention Center. It is alleged that he is trying to divert money from the LVCVA's proposed expansion in favor of building a new stadium. The LVCVA recently acquired and leveled the Riviera property for their proposed expansion. Then, once the expansion is declared "dead" he will drop personal financial support for the stadium, too.

Adelson has been accused of being absolutely ruthless, without any conscience, and totally self-serving. If true, then the Raiders may be pawns in a billion dollar maneuver to manipulate the spending of room tax dollars with Adelson pulling the strings to his advantage.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I'd love to see the Raiders move to Las Vegas. The Raiders currently play in a sewage-filled dump. It would be fun to have a team in Las Vegas. It doesn't matter where they get a new stadium; taxes are inevitable.

On the other hand, I'd like to see San Diego get a new stadium and stay where they are. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. Fan support is horrendous out there; just look at what happened Thursday night with the Orange-Out. I expect we'll see the Los Angeles Chargers and the Las Vegas Raiders within a few years.

Members online

Latest posts