The Khalil Mack thread -- now a Bear for $155million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Other bad contracts dont justify handing out bad contracts yourself. It's one of the most mind numbingly frustrating things around these parts. "player x got this much so player y contract isnt that bad"..... Nope. Just cause one deal is worse doesn't make the other one good

It is also mind numbingly frustrating when someone labels a move, that hasn't even played out yet...."Horrible".

Kizer trade wasn't great. Kizer still sucks. Graham signing was horrible.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't quite get a move like this from the Chicago perspective. Mack is obviously a guy you can build around... but they're probably having to give up a ton of picks for him while the rest of their roster is overall not very good. Giving up a bunch of high picks for a 27 year old star seems to me like a "win now" type of move, but the rest of the Bears' roster is not in the kind of shape it needs to be to "win now." Least that's how it looks to me.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need another stud tackle. I hate the Bears but no way in Gods green earth can Bulaga or any other RT we have for that matter block Khalil Mack. Rodgers is going to be running for his life at least twice a year next season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Would u try and get Thomas from Seattle for a second?

The Packers can't afford to trade for Thomas without having to get rid of another players to save some cap. Unfortunately the team doesn't have a decent option without weakening a position already lacking depth.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the draft capital they gave up for Trubisky and now Mack (looks like at least 2 1st rounders), in a few years you look back as a Bears fan and go 'Yep.. that built us a Super Bowl winner' or 'Lord, those trades just killed us'

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given that no trade has actually happened yet, I'd believe this is just as much driving up the price or interest from the packers as it is a real and legitimate offer from the Bears.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers need another stud tackle. I hate the Bears but no way in Gods green earth can Bulaga or any other RT we have for that matter block Khalil Mack. Rodgers is going to be running for his life at least twice a year next season.

Maybe even 4 times a year with the Defense that the Vikings field.

Mack will definitely help the Bears a lot but they still have a long way to go and if Trubisky doesn't turn out to be the QB they hoped he would, well.....I'm not worried about Mack that much being on the Bears. Ian Rapoport posted this:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
The price of trading for Khalil Mack was described to me late last night as 2 first-round picks and a player. There was only one team willing to do that. That is what may be going to the #Raiders in exchange for Khalil Mack.

5:57 AM - 1 Sep 2018

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't quite get a move like this from the Chicago perspective. Mack is obviously a guy you can build around... but they're probably having to give up a ton of picks for him while the rest of their roster is overall not very good. Giving up a bunch of high picks for a 27 year old star seems to me like a "win now" type of move, but the rest of the Bears' roster is not in the kind of shape it needs to be to "win now." Least that's how it looks to me.

Well the Bears won't be looking like the Bears of 2017. They will have added the following players in the last 8 months:

Allen Robinson, Trey Burton, Taylor Gabriel, Cody Parkey, Roquan Smith, James Daniels, Anthony Miller and ... Khalil Mack.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given that no trade has actually happened yet, I'd believe this is just as much driving up the price or interest from the packers as it is a real and legitimate offer from the Bears.

They have an "agreement in place." Sounds pretty convincing to me that it's happening.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have an "agreement in place." Sounds pretty convincing to me that it's happening.
might be, but it wouldn't be the first time an agreement wasn't actually agreed to and signed in the NFL if it wasn't happening. Also wouldn't be the first time an agreement was made just to make another team that was dealing, say "oh crap, not only is he not coming here, he's going to our 2xper year rival" How bad do we really want him?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah if trubisky gets better which I think he will they are a young team they will get good but they the bears will always suck lol we might have a tough division.. but also two 1st rounders and player plus the contract.. that’s a lot of money... it’s all good in my books gute didn’t go crazy.. Gilbert looks good anyways!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Bears won't be looking like the Bears of 2017. They will have added the following players in the last 8 months:

Allen Robinson, Trey Burton, Taylor Gabriel, Cody Parkey, Roquan Smith, James Daniels, Anthony Miller and ... Khalil Mack.

Plus a new HC in Nagy.

In Chicago, Mack will now join a loaded Bears defense that includes Roquan Smith, Akiem Hicks, Leonard Floyd and Danny Trevathan.

NFC North is sure heating up.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers can't afford to trade for Thomas without having to get rid of another players to save some cap. Unfortunately the team doesn't have a decent option without weakening a position already lacking depth.
You’re right depth is a issue I ain’t sold on dix either idk hopefully we can just stay healthy and Rodgers can get it done! Lol

D

Deleted member 6794

They have agreement with raiders to talk to Mack. They still need to pay him what he wants.

The Bears are definitely well aware of the contract Mack is demanding and are seemingly willing to pay him. I fully believe this deal will be finalized by the end of the day.

D

Deleted member 6794

You’re right depth is a issue I ain’t sold on dix either idk hopefully we can just stay healthy and Rodgers can get it done! Lol

The Seahawks being interested in Clinton-Dix in return might be the only way to make it work for the Packers.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks being interested in Clinton-Dix in return might be the only way to make it work for the Packers.
I would be all for that! Or do u think Thomas ends up in Dallas where he wants to be

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How u feel about Barclay coming back to Green Bay since he just got cut and we need better depth on our line.. makes sense to me

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be all for that! Or do u think Thomas ends up in Dallas where he wants to be

I doubt the Seahawks are actually interested in Clinton-Dix.

How u feel about Barclay coming back to Green Bay since he just got cut and we need better depth on our line.. makes sense to me

In my opinion there should be better options than Barclay available.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The longer this thing goes, the more it bodes well for the Packers, IMO (if the Packers are interested)

If you're to believe the report that the Raiders are seeking 2 1st rounders, the closer this thing gets to week 1, the more the Raiders will be willing to make concessions. 2 1st rounders could turn into a 1st and a 4th.

Regardless, I'm not an advocate of the Packers jumping to acquire Mack right now. The Raiders know that we offer the best package, they aren't going to pull the trigger on a Mack trade without calling the Packers to make sure we don't have a counter offer.

Remain patient, and wait for the asking price to drop.

not in this case. waiting gives other teams time to finagle their rosters/contracts to sweeten up their offer. Mack's importance will cause a bidding war.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not in this case. waiting gives other teams time to finagle their rosters/contracts to sweeten up their offer. Mack's importance will cause a bidding war.

I'm sure the bidding was going on the last week... I'd doubt that any more offers will be going on unless contract talks with the Bears collapse. But given there is the Donald contract to base off of, I'd guess this will all be wrapped up by the end of the day.

If it is 2 1st rounders and a player, that player might very well be Eddie Jackson (at least if I'm the Raiders I'd probably ask for him too). At some point, "Do whatever it takes" isn't feasible or advisable.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’m bummed that the Packers will have Mack in division and not on their team, but the early rumbling seem to indicate that Chicago is paying more than I would have liked for the Packers to pay.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m bummed that the Packers will have Mack in division and not on their team, but the early rumbling seem to indicate that Chicago is paying more than I would have liked for the Packers to pay.
Yeah def I’m curious what it’s gonna be reports say 2 firsts and a player I wanna know the player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.