The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That pick by love today was terrible..he stumbled out of the gate and then just threw it up for grabs on 1st and 10 from like the 23. Get outside the tackle and throw it away if you have to but that was a careless lazy throw, just can't happen. Hopefully a simple learning moment

The free play, the throw to Bergeton and the run to the right were all encouraging...especially the free play as ots good to see loves success in that area has carried over from college to the pros

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That happened 100% idk if he was at his house or whatever but I do know he looked beyond ecstatic when the love pick was made...
So someone else remembers it besides me. Thanks so much, I was beginning to think I was going crazy lol.

But I agree, the thing that stood out to me was that he was really happy about it. Of course, at that time, he had only spent one year with Rodgers. Their next season together went better, although the record and the final end was the same.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You really shouldn’t hold back. Tell us how you really feel ;)

I used to feel that way about my wife’s cooking. I was too afraid to tell her this was really how I felt. :eek::roflmao:
You beat me to it, I was going to suggest anger management classes.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So someone else remembers it besides me. Thanks so much, I was beginning to think I was going crazy lol.

But I agree, the thing that stood out to me was that he was really happy about it. Of course, at that time, he had only spent one year with Rodgers. Their next season together went better, although the record and the final end was the same.
Yeah, I was really surprised by his reaction. Made me think that Love was on their radar all along. Maybe LaFleur had been pushing for him but he didn't really know if they would pick him. I think it might be difficult to coach a guy like ARod. I mean, when Aaron changes a play and then we have to punt; he comes off the field all upset and won't even look at LaFleur. ARod needs a little humility and honestly, I don't think he should be changing plays too much. Only when it is obvious. imo

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was really surprised by his reaction. Made me think that Love was on their radar all along.
Definitely wasn't the reaction of a guy who had just picked up a backup quarterback.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was really surprised by his reaction. Made me think that Love was on their radar all along. Maybe LaFleur had been pushing for him but he didn't really know if they would pick him. I think it might be difficult to coach a guy like ARod. I mean, when Aaron changes a play and then we have to punt; he comes off the field all upset and won't even look at LaFleur. ARod needs a little humility and honestly, I don't think he should be changing plays too much. Only when it is obvious. imo

Honestly, how often does he do that? Didn't seem to be too much of a problem last year, and most HOF QBs get the leeway to do it. Besides, I'd say he was pretty restrained in doing so, especially when LaFleur made the dumb call to kick that FG in the nfccg. I mean Rodgers wasn't happy but he didn't do anything crazy like trying to run the FG unit off the field. And even LaFleur seems to have regretted it a little as he's been saying all offseason he's going to go for it more on 4th down this season.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Love is going to be fine. I didn't see anything wrong that isn't fixable with coaching and experience.

Agreed. I feel like people are getting just a little too fixated on the interception, which was a bad decision. But there's no such thing as a QB who doesn't make any of those.

What I love about him is most young QBs will only take what the defense gives them and only go through reads in the first window. Love is already understanding the second window concept, and I think he's already figuring out the concept of throwing guys open. Rodgers was nowhere near that point at this stage of development, and neither was Favre.

Also, on that note, I actually hope Love is a little more of a risk taker than Rodgers. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have liked that Rodgers has had one of the best TD to interception ratios over the years, especially after how bad Favre's was. But I also got irritated that he has been on the other extreme sometimes of double clutching that ball and being way too gun shy taking sacks.

Looking for Love to have that happy medium. Get rid of the ball quick and pull the trigger more than Rodgers. But be measured enough not to just go firing to triple covered guys the way old Favre did too much. The happy medium is in there.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing QB has never been easier so it's a little tough to compare Love to Rodgers and Favre this early. Especially after a grand total of 30 whatever preseason passing attempts.

Reaction score
What I liked was that Love played with very few Packer starters aside from Dillon and a few OL. Remember he’d been playing first team snaps through July. Then suddenly he’s relegated to 2nd team and readjusting. Yet he came out and essentially marched down the field several times with relative ease.

Could he have finished drives better? Yes.
But in retrospect he went:
24/35 (69%completion)
271Passing 3-16Rushing
89.7% Rating
1-TD
1-INT

Look at who the Bills fielded on Defense to start. Love played against Tremaine Edmunds, Ed Oliver, Star Lotulelei, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Tre’davious White, Matt Milano, J Hughes (all 1st team types). There were several 2nd-3rd string CB’s being subbed, but that was largely the Bills starting Cast from what was an exactly average 16th ranked Scoring a defense last season. Basically it was like them fielding the Packers starting Defense less Kevin King and Chandon Sullivan.

I’d give Love a “B-B+“ grade for a combination of what was 4 quarters of preseason ball.

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I thought the Bills game was much better for Love. I get that they didn't score, but who really cares? This game will float away into the nothingness of preseason football. To me, he looked very capable of running the offense and as @OldSchool101 mentioned, he did this with the 2nd team against the Bills 1st team defense. I was much more impressed this time around.

Reaction score
It’s funny. I just read a B/R article how much Love disappointed and how he should be traded. I find that interesting how the article speaks to Love being too “jumpy” and a failure and in the same breath, recommends trading him immediately. Talk about the writer replicating the inexperience and impatience of Jordan Love to be the point of failure :laugh:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, Love is a better prospect than Benkert. Second, Benkert is more ready RIGHT NOW to fill in for a short time on a team with real Super Bowl aspirations. If Rodgers goes down for few games (if he goes down for longer then the season is over anyway) I wouldn't trust Love to carry a mediocre defense to a win or two while I think Benkert might be capable of doing so against some weaker teams. If the Packers were a middling team I would be fine cutting Benkert but I just think that forcing Love to be the second QB when he needs more time to learn the pro game seems like a move that could undermine a Super Bowl team. I would rather the Packers have to find a 6th receiver off the street mid-season than try to live through Love's growing pains; Rodgers can carry a poor receiving group while the defense cannot carry a novice QB.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your gonna havta expose Benkert to the rest of the league and then he goes on PS if nobody takes him. But we'll see soon.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
First, Love is a better prospect than Benkert. Second, Benkert is more ready RIGHT NOW to fill in for a short time on a team with real Super Bowl aspirations.
I can't get behind this at all. Love is the better player, has more potential and is more ready right now. Sure, they didn't score against the Bills, but Love moved the ball is ease and we had mainly our entire 2nd and 3rd teamers going. The only 1st team guys that got snaps were Myers and Newman. Taylor was his #1 target as a WR. I think Love is a very capable backup that could win a couple games if Rodgers goes down for 2-4 games. I wouldn't trust him if Rodgers was shut down for the season, but I think he can get us by for a couple games. Benkert is a cut.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust Love to carry a mediocre defense to a win or two while I think Benkert might be capable of doing so against some weaker teams.

I'm trying to understand why people thing this. I see Love being young and promising while Benkert is a guy who's been in training camps for a few years and thus knows how to look better against 2s and 3s.

What is the thing that Benkert brings? I just don't get it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand why people thing this. I see Love being young and promising while Benkert is a guy who's been in training camps for a few years and thus knows how to look better against 2s and 3s.

What is the thing that Benkert brings? I just don't get it.
He isnt Love who is set to de thrown Rodgers

Reaction score
Rodgers can carry a poor receiving group while the defense cannot carry a novice QB.
I’m just glad we finally solved the mystery.
The 2020 #2 QB Depth chart was firmly outplayed by the 2020 #3 first thing this season. We can all agree who was the better QB all along. :whistling:

Tim Boyle
22/39 (56%) :confused:
135 yards passing (5.6 per) :eek:
1 TD
O INT
78.9 rating

Jordan Love
24/35 (69%) :tup:
271 Passing (11.3 per) :)
1TD
1INT
89.7 rating

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s funny. I just read a B/R article how much Love disappointed and how he should be traded. I find that interesting how the article speaks to Love being too “jumpy” and a failure and in the same breath, recommends trading him immediately. Talk about the writer replicating the inexperience and impatience of Jordan Love to be the point of failure :laugh:

OMG, that site--and I'm dead serious--is the worst. I am not ever going to give Bleacher Report another of my clicks again. I'm just gonna guess that the author's name is Tyler Dunne, the same POS guy who wrote that 30,000 word diatribe about the whole made up Rodgers and McCarthy saga.

I truly do believe that site is essentially the National Enquirer version of NFL news and has nothing of substance or fact to be taken seriously. Amazon Web Services, or whoever hosts their garbage site should slap a big huge "DISINFORMATION" banner on it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Throne ;)

And I do wonder if that's the issue. Either the trade up to get him, the idea that he is the heir apparent, or some combination.
Hey

I didnt correct your "thing" to "think" in your op

But go ahead and nit pick

Attachments

• A22C99D2-7AE9-41A2-9B26-F5AE7A643429.png
    A22C99D2-7AE9-41A2-9B26-F5AE7A643429.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts