The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

You have missed the point entirely. Capers whence first hired would apply a simplified version of his defense, which would explain his brilliant initial success in places like jax Car and in GB. But his continued tenure would result in him installing more and more concepts until the scheme becomes unworkable. This would explain why his units ultimately devolved into mediocrity in each of his defensive coaching stints. In 2011 the defense showed all of the stiffness of a lawn chair before Collins went down with an injury.

Is it your position that Ted Thompson suddenly forgot how to draft but that these failures were limited to the defensive side of the ball? Its really strange given that with the lion share of GBs draft picks going to tge defensive side of the ball that TT still managed to draft players like Davante Adams, David Bakhtiari, Aaron Jones and Corey Linsley. Each of whom were top 5 players in their position groups and none of them selected in the first round.

Coaching and scheme are absolutely factors in player development. In Capers post SB defense player development stalled.

If it's true that Capers installed a more complex scheme that didn't work with each team after two seasons you would be right that he should be the one to blame. I haven't seen any evidence to back up that theory and find it hard to believe. If you have any prove for it I would gladly like to see it though.

Regarding Collins, he was lost for good in the second game of the 2011 season. That's way too small of a sample size to make any educated guess about the defense, especially considering the Saints ranked second in points scored that season and seventh all-time.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's true that Capers installed a more complex scheme that didn't work with each team after two seasons you would be right that he should be the one to blame. I haven't seen any evidence to back up that theory and find it hard to believe.
It's a common theory, I have no idea if it's true or not. If it is, I don't understand why no one would have seen it, and said "Let's just dial it back to the complexity level of 2010, and we'll be good to go".

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's true that Capers installed a more complex scheme that didn't work with each team after two seasons you would be right that he should be the one to blame. I haven't seen any evidence to back up that theory and find it hard to believe. If you have any prove for it I would gladly like to see it though.

Regarding Collins, he was lost for good in the second game of the 2011 season. That's way too small of a sample size to make any educated guess about the defense, especially considering the Saints ranked second in points scored that season and seventh all-time.

It's also tricky, as we scored a boat load of points. I think on this very forum, Capt confirmed we were the best (or at least top 5) in terms of points given up before half and possibly even after the 3rd quarter.

Basically, the 2011 Packers curb stomped everyone for 3 quarters and didn't care if points were scored late in garbage time. It does, however, fuel the narrative that the defense was worse that it was.

Reaction score
It's also tricky, as we scored a boat load of points. I think on this very forum, Capt confirmed we were the best (or at least top 5) in terms of points given up before half and possibly even after the 3rd quarter.

Basically, the 2011 Packers curb stomped everyone for 3 quarters and didn't care if points were scored late in garbage time. It does, however, fuel the narrative that the defense was worse that it was.
I’ll never forget watching that season in Richmond VA. Many of the games were nationally televised so they got “blacked out” with a football package. We’d get up 3-4 scores by mid 3rd quarter and FOX would switch to another game! Boy was my Father mad! He paid good $ for the NFL package and still missed the finish of several games!
For me personally. The 2011 FOX multiple game pulling experience required multiple forms of Penance and Absolution over several years in an ebb n flow like fashion. :devilish:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I will add is that I feel more comfortable going into the 2021 season with what appears to at least be a manageable backup. If Rodgers goes down for 4-6 games I would not feel like the season would be over. I feel like with Love as backup we would have a chance if injury did take place. That is better than the past. Insert Seneca Wallace gif here.

Wallace GIF? Dude he wasn't even close to the worst.

Well, ok he certainly was no hero but his time here was going to be short lived no matter what given his age.

In terms of bad backup QBs, I would rank Graham Harrell and even Scott Tolzein as worse than Wallace. But NOBODY, absolutely NOBODY is going to top that lousy two bit loser and all out dumpster fire POS of a QB we had named Brett Hundley. Gold medal winner for stupid by a mile nobody else in Packers history even comes close.

Just amazing that guy gets away with riding teams benches and stealing money like he's doing in Indianapolis right now.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
In terms of bad backup QBs, I would rank Graham Harrell and even Scott Tolzein as worse than Wallace. But NOBODY, absolutely NOBODY is going to top that lousy two bit loser and all out dumpster fire POS of a QB we had named Brett Hundley. Gold medal winner for stupid by a mile nobody else in Packers history even comes close.

Just amazing that guy gets away with riding teams benches and stealing money like he's doing in Indianapolis right now.
Lol, I thought Wallace threw like Uncle Rico. Horrible form. I thought he was the worst. Tolzien actually won some games. Obviously, Hundley was bad, but POS might be a bit over board. I laughed nonetheless.

Krabs

Reaction score
The entire decade between the last few years of Starr and Dickey. I spent my teen years watching the worst.
Don't forget about Dilweg! Also, Jordan Love. I feel the need to mention him or I'll get roasted!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, I thought Wallace threw like Uncle Rico. Horrible form. I thought he was the worst. Tolzien actually won some games. Obviously, Hundley was bad, but POS might be a bit over board. I laughed nonetheless.

No it's not, it's true.

Anyway, I didn't expect much from Wallace when we signed him. I wanted us to keep Vince Young over him that year, but with Graham Harrell flopping out and no other immediate option in sight, Wallace was a cheap old vet who was just signed for one season at most, and he basically played only 1 game anyway.

Hundley on the other hand was expected to do much better given the 3 years we invested in developing him. But that lazy, cancerous, incompetent, dumb and lousy POS did nothing except steal our money. He deserves to be kicked out of the league and put on the social services line begging for food stamps.

Also, incorrect about Tolzein winning any games in the green and gold. Think you got him confused with Matt Flynn who's been the only decent backup Rodgers has had up till now.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steal our money, Hundley never cost us that much and you clearly have something personal against the guy, he never panned out as a sure #2 but then again it was split on whether he even had that possibility when drafted.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5th round pick whose four year deal was a mere $2.5 million

Krabs

Reaction score
No it's not, it's true.

Anyway, I didn't expect much from Wallace when we signed him. I wanted us to keep Vince Young over him that year, but with Graham Harrell flopping out and no other immediate option in sight, Wallace was a cheap old vet who was just signed for one season at most, and he basically played only 1 game anyway.

Hundley on the other hand was expected to do much better given the 3 years we invested in developing him. But that lazy, cancerous, incompetent, dumb and lousy POS did nothing except steal our money. He deserves to be kicked out of the league and put on the social services line begging for food stamps.

Also, incorrect about Tolzein winning any games in the green and gold. Think you got him confused with Matt Flynn who's been the only decent backup Rodgers has had up till now.
Yeah, when everyone went down I was thinking Young was coming back. I found it odd when they didn't bring him back in.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5th round pick whose four year deal was a mere $2.5 million

1. He shouldn't have been paid one damn penny for that garbage he put out on our field

Steal our money, Hundley never cost us that much and you clearly have something personal against the guy, he never panned out as a sure #2 but then again it was split on whether he even had that possibility when drafted.

2. Of course I do, as I do with every QB who is 100% at fault for every loss we have

3. Exactly, he was a lousy dumb guy who should have never been here

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serviceable back up that has been on a roster ever since leaving here…what more do you want from a day 3 QB drafted….geeeesh

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serviceable back up that has been on a roster ever since leaving here…what more do you want from a day 3 QB drafted….geeeesh
What do I want? How bout what we got from Matt Flynn, also a day 3 6th rounder drafted here who actually threw more TDs than he did picks, didn't take as many stupid sacks and actually had some accuracy in his throws. Hell I'd be willing to bet our current UDFA QB here would beat him out on any roster easily, so no I'm not listening to any 5th round pick excuse.

As far as being on a roster, usually being on 3 different teams in almost as many years ends up being a big strike against you. Pretty telling though that the Cards didn't put him in last year when Murray got hurt, and so far not even a preseason snap for him in Indy.

Krabs

Reaction score
What do I want? How bout what we got from Matt Flynn, also a day 3 6th rounder drafted here who actually threw more TDs than he did picks, didn't take as many stupid sacks and actually had some accuracy in his throws. Hell I'd be willing to bet our current UDFA QB here would beat him out on any roster easily, so no I'm not listening to any 5th round pick excuse.

As far as being on a roster, usually being on 3 different teams in almost as many years ends up being a big strike against you. Pretty telling though that the Cards didn't put him in last year when Murray got hurt, and so far not even a preseason snap for him in Indy.
I have least favorite players as well. I don't think I've ever had the distain you have for a player though. Hundley would have been a first round pick had he come out a year earlier. There were even discussions about him being #1 overall. He went back for a year and it hurt his draft stock. It could be argued that he fell to us in the 5th round. There was even Heisman talk around him. Might have even been the reason he stayed for another season. I don't blame the Packers for taking him where they did. He did stink. I will give you that. I just don't know if I've seen hatred like this for a backup QB. :D

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have least favorite players as well. I don't think I've ever had the distain you have for a player though. Hundley would have been a first round pick had he come out a year earlier. There were even discussions about him being #1 overall. He went back for a year and it hurt his draft stock. It could be argued that he fell to us in the 5th round. There was even Heisman talk around him. Might have even been the reason he stayed for another season. I don't blame the Packers for taking him where they did. He did stink. I will give you that. I just don't know if I've seen hatred like this for a backup QB. :D

Oh good, then if he was supposedly going to be a 1st rounder I shall gladly put the title of bust on his head.

Anyway, I just hold everyone to account for their time in a Packer uniform whether they were backup QBs or backup centers/long snappers. I got tiers even for backup QBs and I'd think of them as such in Green Bay:

Really good backups here I'd consider: Ty Detmer, Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselback, Matt Flynn .... and if you want to throw him in Jim McMahon

Ok but not too good backups: Steve Bono, Aaron Brooks, Doug Pederson, Craig Nall

Bad backups: TJ Rubley, Rick Mirer, Ingle Martin, Brian Brohm, Graham Harrell, Seneca Wallace, Scott Tolzien, Joe Callahan, Dishone Kizer, Tim Boyle

And then worst of the worst in his own class, Hundley

Krabs

Reaction score
And then worst of the worst in his own class, Hundley
I love it. I legit lol'd when I read this. I would move some of the backups around on your list, but really have never thought too much of the backup position. Any time the starter goes down the team is usually in trouble.

Glad we have Love as the backup. I think he can actually win some games if Rodgers went down for 4-6 weeks. Anymore than that our season would most likely be over.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have this recollection of seeing a video of MLF sitting on a couch with some family members during the NFL draft last year. And when it was announced that the Packers had picked Jordan Love, he lept up off the couch, put his fist in the air and yelled "Yeah! Yeah!".

Only thing is I've tried to find this video since and I've been unable to. It's making me wonder if I am mistaken about it, maybe I was watching a video of someone else (although I don't know who else would have been so enthusiastic about it). Surely it wasn't completely in my imagination. Does anyone else remember seeing such a thing?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have this recollection of seeing a video of MLF sitting on a couch with some family members during the NFL draft last year. And when it was announced that the Packers had picked Jordan Love, he lept up off the couch, put his fist in the air and yelled "Yeah! Yeah!".

Only thing is I've tried to find this video since and I've been unable to. It's making me wonder if I am mistaken about it, maybe I was watching a video of someone else (although I don't know who else would have been so enthusiastic about it). Surely it wasn't completely in my imagination. Does anyone else remember seeing such a thing?

That happened 100% idk if he was at his house or whatever but I do know he looked beyond ecstatic when the love pick was made...

Reaction score
You really shouldn’t hold back. Tell us how you really feel ;)
1. He shouldn't have been paid one damn penny for that garbage he put out on our field
I used to feel that way about my wife’s cooking. I was too afraid to tell her this was really how I felt. :eek::roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts