The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, at this point I'm pretty much ready to see what he can do.

I mean the ride is going to be bumpy at first I think, but man if Rodgers is going to be this low energy at season opening, I'm ready to at least live with Love's growing pains and let him at least try and will us to victory.
Lol..... Lol........

Reaction score
Lol..... Lol........
Well?? He WAS actually spot on with the “bumpy at first” part :whistling:
At least I’ll give him credit as he knows football enough not to expect HOF type numbers on the Road in his 1st career game. Some of you guys act like he should outperform our 16 year veteran QB in game 1.

Refresh me. What were Aaron Rodgers stats week 1 on the road.., after 13 seasons of live action and a month with 2021- 1st team reps??

Paste it here for everyone to gander at. If you’ve got the guts?

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Aaron Rodgers was smiling watching the Chiefs game. The Packers are screwed without him.

JLove looked like an UDFA against one of the worst defenses in the league. Not encouraging!

I'd rather have Colt McCoy.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm sure Aaron Rodgers was smiling watching the Chiefs game. The Packers are screwed without him.

JLove looked like an UDFA against one of the worst defenses in the league. Not encouraging!

I'd rather have Colt McCoy.

Love had some good plays and some bad ones. That was to be expected. It's far too early to write him off based on the offense struggling against a bad defense in his first start of his career. The one thing that makes me worried was his inability to read the blitz correctly though.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Benkert may never start an NFL game but I am proud of him for standing up to Florio. The guy had it coming. I hope more players follow suit
I used to really like Florio. Not any more and I have not before the whole Benkert thing happened. He's just over the top with everything and especially anything Rodgers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benkert may never start an NFL game but I am proud of him for standing up to Florio. The guy had it coming. I hope more players follow suit
Fans can do the same, I have for 2 seasons now. if it's a link to his profootballwhatever I absolutely will not click it. Just don't do it. Ignore the bum, he deserves it :)

He's the worst kind of journalist creating the worst type of "fans" Half truths, no truth, and manipulate a story to engage and enrage just to get the clicks. Every story written to make someone mad or make them feel righteous about being mad at someone else. They're everywhere, he's not the only one, but he just happens to have an eye for our QB and likes to make himself known.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love had some good plays and some bad ones. That was to be expected. It's far too early to write him off based on the offense struggling against a bad defense in his first start of his career. The one thing that makes me worried was his inability to read the blitz correctly though.
ST lost the game.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
A lot of ignorant comments on Love last night all over the internet.

Patrick Mahomes: 19/36 153 yards 1 TD Jordan Love: 19/34 190 yards 1 TD 1 INT

If we’re judging Love off one game saying he can’t be the future then by that same logic the Chiefs should move on from Mahomes since they played the same amount of time last night.

You can fill the pages with all pro-HOF QB who struggled in their first start. Complete and total overreaction by fans spoiled for 30 years. Two cents

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the numbers might be similar, their play was not. Chiefs needed a big play to seal the deal and he made it. Jordan could have hit Adams for a TD and instead threw it out of bounds. There were a few plays where Chief's players didn't help out their QB. Jordan had more than a handful of plays where he did not help out the receiver and his biggest play of the night was basically a great play by Cobb. Was a 50/50 ball and poorly thrown at that.

I'm not writing Love off, but regardless of the similarity in stats, he is not in the same league as a struggling Mahomes.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If we’re judging Love off one game saying he can’t be the future then by that same logic the Chiefs should move on from Mahomes since they played the same amount of time last night.

You can fill the pages with all pro-HOF QB who struggled in their first start. Complete and total overreaction by fans spoiled for 30 years. Two cents

Overreaction is the Love sucks what a wasted pick type of stuff.

The Love looked like crap yesterday stuff is simply a reaction and IMO a rather accurate one.

The comparison between the QBs is also way off base. Is Love a SB winning former MVP who has proven he can play at a superstar level and make plays that make most QBs hang their head with embarrassment? Because the other guy is and I think deserves some slack for an off game or two.

The ignorance is comparing two QBs off of one games performance. Further ignorance is to excuse Love's performance because it was his first start. Just like its an overreaction to say he sucks and we are doomed its almost as much of an overreaction to say he will be just fine. Although I do think he will be better than he was last night

I don't know what kind of QB Love will develop into but I do know yesterdays game will have very little bearing on it. IMO he looked bad. He had plenty of help in looking bad (O-Line play, KCs defense, Play calling) so it is not all on him but honestly I didn't see anything in last nights game that made me think we are all fine. On the other hand I didn't see anything that really made me think we are doomed with him at the helm. I just saw a poor performance in one game where a lot of bad stuff was happening around him.

I think there are 4 types of plays a QB makes. Four star plays are the WOW ones that only a few QBs can do consistently but most can manage on occasion. Three star plays are plays that great ones do the majority of times and the average QBs do with some regularity. Two star plays are those that pretty much any QB should make most of the time and if they can stay away from the one star plays they might just be able to hang on in the league long enough to be a career backup or be a spot starter. One star plays are those that any QB making them with any consistently is pretty much doomed. I saw lots of 1 and 2 star plays from Love last night. There may have been a couple of 3 stars but I'd have to watch again. Nothing stood out to me. Having said that I will repeat it was one game and nothing I saw last night makes me think that Love can not improve.

Last edited:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well?? He WAS actually spot on with the “bumpy at first” part :whistling:
At least I’ll give him credit as he knows football enough not to expect HOF type numbers on the Road in his 1st career game. Some of you guys act like he should outperform our 16 year veteran QB in game 1.

Refresh me. What were Aaron Rodgers stats week 1 on the road.., after 13 seasons of live action and a month with 2021- 1st team reps??

Paste it here for everyone to gander at. If you’ve got the guts?
(Week 1 vs New Orleans) Aaron Rodgers: 133 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 36.8 rating

(Week 9 vs Kansas City) Jordan Love: 190 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 69.5 rating

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good- he showed he is mobile, a couple of times I was sure he was going to be sacked and somehow he avoided it. On the TD drive he did some nice things.
The bad- he was nervous as hell. Looked lost out there at times. Doesn't even go to the coach during a time out on his own.
The ugly- I saw a lot more of Favre in him then Rodgers, especially in the 1st half.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't know what kind of QB Love will develop into but I do know yesterdays game will have very little bearing on it.
To summarize your post in one sentence....(points up)....yes, I agree.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what kind of QB Love will develop into but I do know yesterdays game will have very little bearing on it. IMO he looked bad. He had plenty of help in looking bad (O-Line play, KCs defense, Play calling) so it is not all on him but honestly I didn't see anything in last nights game that made me think we are all fine. On the other hand I didn't see anything that really made me think we are doomed with him at the helm. I just saw a poor performance in one game where a lot of bad stuff was happening around him.

Truer words rarely spoken in here!

Definitely, the team did not do enough to make a comfortable debut for a young QB.

~ STs not scoring twice would have put him under more pressure from get go.
~ O-Line's weak and mistake prone performance didn't help either. Couple of newman penalties wiped out gains too.
~ MLF's uneven play calling didn't allow Love to get into a rhythm. Mostly runs in 1Q and then suddenly switched to mostly throws in 2Q. It's only after we got balanced and did play action in 3Q, that Love settled in. Esp in situations where it's obvious they'd blitz and we didn't have a good play dialed up!
~ Definitely tough one but for a player of Adams caliber, he should have made that contested catch which became an INT.

On his own role, the above contributed to a shaky performance. He dropped a bomb on Cobb for the gain and clutch pass to Adams to get the 4th and 1. Scrambled enough and got some decent runs in too.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What good plays? Generally curious what plays "flashed" to you

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Week 1 vs New Orleans) Aaron Rodgers: 133 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 36.8 rating

(Week 9 vs Kansas City) Jordan Love: 190 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 69.5 rating
KC has one of the worst defenses in the league. Week 1 coming into a new season vs playing for a 7-1 team who is getting healthier with a VERRY GOOD defense... The differences are astronomical. It's so lazy to post stats without context because Love should have had 3INTs and his longest play was a duck thrown in the middle of the field which was a terrible awful throw that Cobb bailed him out on

We saw flashes from Rodgers against the Cowboys and why we decided to go in the direction that we did after Favre.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ugly- I saw a lot more of Favre in him then Rodgers, especially in the 1st half.
I'm not sure that's an ugly. We could do worse than Favre. To me Favre still showed confidence in his chaos where I did not sense that from Love. A lot of what I saw from Love looked more like panic. Maybe that's just from seeing Favre play the same way for so many years that seeing good things result from bad beginnings seemed normal.

To summarize your post in one sentence....(points up)....yes, I agree.
You know that's not my style but thank you.:)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Needless to say Jordan has a long way to go but most new QBs coming out of college do. The Chiefs have NO excuse for their offensive performance. Love did what he could. Our ST did not do what IT should.

Reaction score
The other positive is he threw a few away under duress rather than take the loss of yardage or throw it up for grabs.
Plus, several times he got away from a swarming pass rush and picked up some net positive yards. He looks quick on his feet compared to his peers, not that I wanted to see him run that much. He was kinda forced to because his protection broke down.

I would love to know what the average amount of time he had to make reads was before considered “pressured”. I’ll commend the super aggressive KC Defensive gameplan. They were all over that backfield up in Jordan’s picnic basket eating his lunch.

Reaction score
One thing I would change in retrospect is to call plays away from the sideline more. Give your receivers a chance to fight for the ball more in the middle. There were many plays where KC went empty-zero shell. Yet we saw several passes that landed completely out of bounds, but where the Receiver had a step and nice advantage to make a play on the ball with nothing but Endzone behind them.

It reminds me of when we see a QB throw a “Hail Mary” and it goes out the back of the Endzone or out of bounds. I’d rather fumble the ball in that situation, you’d have a better chance!
Let players make plays. Also his lone INT was a smidge high, but not really more than 1 foot off the mark. If it’s a sliver less heat on it, Adam’s makes that play. I don’t blame him for that Adam’s wins like 80% of those.
That KC Defender made a fantastic play on that ball and held onto it even with Adam’s hand completely trying to scoop it away. Remarkable play by KC on a top notch WR. There were no ducks, but there were more what I’d call timing issues.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I would change in retrospect is to call plays away from the sideline more. Give your receivers a chance to fight for the ball more in the middle. There were many plays where KC went empty-zero shell. Yet we saw several passes that landed completely out of bounds, but where the Receiver had a step and nice advantage to make a play on the ball with nothing but Endzone behind them.

It reminds me of when we see a QB throw a “Hail Mary” and it goes out the back of the Endzone or out of bounds. I’d rather fumble the ball in that situation, you’d have a better chance!
Let players make plays. Also his lone INT was a smidge high, but not really more than 1 foot off the mark. If it’s a sliver less heat on it, Adam’s makes that play. I don’t blame him for that Adam’s wins like 80% of those.
That KC Defender made a fantastic play on that ball and held onto it even with Adam’s hand completely trying to scoop it away. Remarkable play by KC on a top notch WR. There were no ducks, but there were more what I’d call timing issues.
I am sure LaFleur feared having him throw into coverage. According to Spofford the inside rush forced him to throw more east west than north south.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I have noticed that MLF likes to use the sidelines more than I remember under MM. Maybe I am just using selective memory? I feel the same way as you do, but possibly one of the reasons why, is it doesn't require as good of route running as going up the middle. Not to pick on some of our WR's, but many of them aren't known for their great route running abilities. Also, I think with a young QB like Love, MLF didn't want to see balls off target in the middle of the field, which present a better opportunity to intercept, than a poor thrown one alone the sidelines.

EDIT: Also, something came to me, sideline routes require almost a perfect pass by the QB. Something that Rodgers is very capable of and well known for. Jordan doesn't have that kind of accuracy at this point in his career.

Last edited:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read a fine quote that kind of explains what I saw...

Spags is kind of a junk-ball pitcher. His blitz packages are easily (relatively) picked apart by a vet, but a guy making his first start...ick. Between the poor line play (Lucas Patrick, WTF dude) and Love not having the experience to find the hot man, adjust protections, etc, it turned into a jailbreak.

It sure looked like cover-0 was called more than cover-2/man-2. Against a vet, damn near any vet, that turns into a route for the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts