The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers took stupod sacks all the time. Would miss his ck offs last few years. It's well documented here how bad he would miss ck offs and take un needed sacks.

Get off the love hatred already. He isn't going anywhere
I thought we weren't supposed to tell other posters what to do? LOL

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FTR I think Love is already an average NFL QB considering the healthy players around him. I also feel over time he will be a slightly above avg. QB on his own merits. If the rest of the team current and future get better or even better coached his ceiling could be a top 10 QB. Time will tell.

Reaction score
I wonder if, in practice, he winds up and really steps into the deep balls which would tend to travel further. In the game, the arm is a bit tired and he can only step and throw without the windup so he doesn't get the same distance. For the windup idea, look into the Rodgers -> Rodgers hail Mary vs the Lions a few seasons back.
My take is he is .2-.3 seconds slow to release. Possibly from seeing quite a few players running routes incorrectly? I know his longer throws were better (not perfect) in college because I’ve went back over time and watched 5-6 full games sample size. The same thing happened in his Junior season at Utah St. Again a scenario where he regressed heavy but he only had 1 returning player to that Offense which is pretty substantial. Somewhat similar to this year with all the changes. Those long balls come easier the second half of the season as it takes a minute to get some continuity.
Here’s some highlight reel long throws on target
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a reason amazing QBs get massive money

The reason is, fans spend an enormous amount of money on the NFL and its products

I know what your saying and I wasnt saying it was easy, I was saying it is something the great ones do...they take advantage of a large percentage of the opportunities the defense gives them no matter where they come in the progression

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excuses.

This is speculation. Reality is, that this is not the case. WRs need to play better. I'm focused on Love's play.

My fear is that the front office thinks the same and will stick with Love. We will be a low level team for the next few years by passing on this great QB class coming out. Then we find out that Love is what he is and waste seasons figuring it out.

Ok, respectfully, youre going to see that youre incorrect about that

To put things in perspective...the team Rodgers inherited was coming off a narrow defeat in the Nfccg. In which they ultimately lost because their fhof qb was too cold and threw the ball straight to Corey Webster when the wr was wide open.

The team Love inherited was coming off a loss in which fhof Rodgers couldnt lead the Packers to a victory at home agaunst the Lions with one more trip to the playoffs as the prize

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Ok, respectfully, youre going to see that youre incorrect about that
Man, I sure hope so. There really only can be up for Love. That or we move on.
To put things in perspective...the team Rodgers inherited was coming off a narrow defeat in the Nfccg. In which they ultimately lost because their fhof qb was too cold and threw the ball straight to Corey Webster when the wr was wide open.

The team Love inherited was coming off a loss in which fhof Rodgers couldnt lead the Packers to a victory at home agaunst the Lions with one more trip to the playoffs as the prize
Both of those losses stung. I'm still not over that interception Favre threw. In the same respect, if that team goes to the Super Bowl do the Packers move on from Favre? I'd still rather have liked to see it play out in the Super Bowl.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of those losses stung. I'm still not over that interception Favre threw. In the same respect, if that team goes to the Super Bowl do the Packers move on from Favre? I'd still rather have liked to see it play out in the Super Bowl.
Another possibility: If the Packers win that Super Bowl, maybe Favre retires legitimately in peace? No, I don't believe it either.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure others have probably shared before (or previous weeks' breakdowns) but it's an interesting watch if you've got the time. Short of it is that JT thinks it's still a mixed bag on Love. Good when he's in rhythm, messy when he's not settled into a rhythm. Some good reads and good throws, improving at identifying coverages and making adjustments, but accuracy still a big issue and needs to work on being more decisive/quicker in his decision-making.

The more I watch the more I'm still confused by some of our offensive playcalling too. A lot of times throughout the season it's felt like LaFleur is calling the offense in a way that seeks to minimize Love's weaknesses and cover up any potential shortcomings. Like he knows Love's limitations and is trying to call plays to "protect" Love. But then we also see sometimes where it seems like LaFleur gets unnecessarily complicated or "cute" when a more straightforward approach would likely work just fine. So we're often in this weird spot where over the course of a game the playcalling seems to swing back and forth between being too simple and too limited to too complicated and fiddly and "cute".

Reaction score

I'm sure others have probably shared before (or previous weeks' breakdowns) but it's an interesting watch if you've got the time. Short of it is that JT thinks it's still a mixed bag on Love. Good when he's in rhythm, messy when he's not settled into a rhythm. Some good reads and good throws, improving at identifying coverages and making adjustments, but accuracy still a big issue and needs to work on being more decisive/quicker in his decision-making.

The more I watch the more I'm still confused by some of our offensive playcalling too. A lot of times throughout the season it's felt like LaFleur is calling the offense in a way that seeks to minimize Love's weaknesses and cover up any potential shortcomings. Like he knows Love's limitations and is trying to call plays to "protect" Love. But then we also see sometimes where it seems like LaFleur gets unnecessarily complicated or "cute" when a more straightforward approach would likely work just fine. So we're often in this weird spot where over the course of a game the playcalling seems to swing back and forth between being too simple and too limited to too complicated and fiddly and "cute".
Good stuff. I also am a subscriber. I like watching it from an experienced QB’s perspective. JT comes across as not playing favorites and I like that perspective. I want the good the bad and the ugly.

There’s a few minor accuracy concerns and a few decision making concerns, but that’s expected for an early starter. IMO my take is iJordan has a 90% grip on the “macro” aspect of running this Offense. Getting plays off, knowing the playbook, reading Defenses, general execution of any given play and Possessional risk (when to increase or decrease tempo etc)
He’s got a 80% grip on the “micro” aspect, which includes timing, decision making, ball placement, understanding play by play risk assessment, clock and field position and play clock awareness.
If he can get the macro to 95% and the micro aspect to 90% he’s going to be proficient in the overall aspect and formidable as we gain more experience around him.
We should conceivably know that in his second season. The only way I’d move on from #10 is if he just spiraled out of control as the season developed. It’s very apparent that’s not the case this far. One could argue he just had one of his better performances last Sunday. Good performance just needs to become more frequent instead of every 3-4 weeks average. Put another back to back “good game” together is what I’d like to see now. Personally for me I don’t need perfection I just want consistent. Baby steps.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another possibility. New England beats us and goes undefeated for the year. Would have really hated that.
For some reason, hearing about the Dolphins drinking champagne every time someone fails to accomplish what they did amuses me. Sounds kind of petty, but in a good way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I sure hope so. There really only can be up for Love. That or we move on.

Lot of what ifs..

I think he still wants to play but still

Wait

This is love thread..why u bringing up brett.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Lot of what ifs..

I think he still wants to play but still

Wait

This is love thread..why u bringing up brett.

Because it was part of the conversation. As you can see, and the quote you put out there, starts with talking about Jordan Love. You really like playing the bully don't you?

Members online

Latest posts