The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is all about chemistry and Love and his targets are not nearly there yet. I wouldnt wait too long to get some competition in here though.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn’t start year 3
GB was looking to move on from #12 because he had been disgruntled for years. Once he showed he couldn’t even break .500 it was a no brainer. We’re not paying $60mil for lackluster. That was the true bad deal. A #26 is cheap for a shot at QB. You make it sound like we spent a Top5 pick
Rodgers was not disgruntled until after the pick. I will ask once again, what was their plan? Was it to wait until Rodgers was below .500 to replace him then they swung too early. If a late 1st rounder that you traded up for does not start until year 4 you have pretty much wasted the rookie contract benefit. Not a good plan. They followed that pick up with a position that is not usually taken that early. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they were going to resign Jamaal not Aaron and that Dillon would at least be in a 50/50 year 2 and the starter in year 3. Instead he has never been the starter on his rookie deal. I can't believe that was the plan. Please do not even get me started on the 3rd round pick. They either did not have a plan in that draft or the plan has been an epic fail.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FTR. I believe Love has a chance to be good and under the circumstances that the FO has put him under deserves every chance to become good. To me that includes all if not most of next year. Also I am not advocating for completely changing draft philosophy of BPA. I just think there needs to be more of a plan as to roster make up. IMO.

Reaction score
Rodgers was not disgruntled until after the pick.
I know for a 100% fact that Rodgers was tiffed about Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb departures. He said so himself shortly afterwards. Also #12 mentioned losing Kumerow and his buddy Van Pelt. His words not mine
When were their last seasons again?

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Advocating for teammates is not disgruntled IMO. I will never change your mind and you will never change my mind. Let's go rock chalk jayhawk.

Reaction score
Advocating for teammates is not disgruntled IMO. I will never change your mind and you will never change my mind. Let's go rock chalk jayhawk.
I know you want to protect him. But Rodgers doesn’t need your protection. These are facts and truth and if you don’t want to believe Aaron that’s your right. I’ll take the man at his word.
I’m 100% convinced that a big part of why Gutey drafted at QB was Rodgers taking issue with personnel decisions. He doesn’t like the way the league operates and was clear about that. I remembered clearly because I actually agree with him. Zero loyalty today and this is the result of zero loyalty, it’s a poor way of treating others using “in the name of business” and it’s becoming the norm. How has jerking people around worked out? Not too good if you ask me

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rodgers was not disgruntled until after the pick. I will ask once again, what was their plan? Was it to wait until Rodgers was below .500 to replace him then they swung too early. If a late 1st rounder that you traded up for does not start until year 4 you have pretty much wasted the rookie contract benefit. Not a good plan. They followed that pick up with a position that is not usually taken that early. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they were going to resign Jamaal not Aaron and that Dillon would at least be in a 50/50 year 2 and the starter in year 3. Instead he has never been the starter on his rookie deal. I can't believe that was the plan. Please do not even get me started on the 3rd round pick. They either did not have a plan in that draft or the plan has been an epic fail.
Btw. You can continually complain about later 3rd round picks all you want, but overall Gutey has hit on personnel decisions more than he’s missed imo. I’d put him top 8-12 or better against the league as a whole, 16 being average. I could care less about Round 3 because we don’t start with that round or finish with that round do we? Then why ignore every other trade and acquisition he’s made?
No. I count the entire picture of someone’s work not focus on 1 area of weakness. Imagine if your Employer did that to you. Only picked your production of your worst hour of a 10 hour day. Who cares what happens between 11-12pm if your full body of work is pretty good.

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I felt like Love played his best game so far. He made one bad decision with passing to Watson into a tight window. He would have needed a perfect ball to complete that one. Once again, he short armed Watson. Re-watching the play a few times, he should have thrown to Musgrave off his right shoulder and that would have resulted in at least one on one coverage. Overall, there was improvement there. Again, my fear is that he will play well enough to for the front office to not draft one of the top QBs coming out of college. He is still sitting at 22nd for QBR and dropped down a spot in PAA to 22nd. He's right behind Sam Howell. A guy I consider to be pretty bad. I did see progression, but not enough to make me a believer that he is the future and will become an above average to elite QB. Next up is the Chargers. Not a great defense. Chargers are in the bottom five for yards given up, bottom 10 for points given up per game and dead last in the league against the pass. He should have a day. Let's see what happens.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you want to protect him. But Rodgers doesn’t need your protection. These are facts and truth and if you don’t want to believe Aaron that’s your right. I’ll take the man at his word.
I’m 100% convinced that a big part of why Gutey drafted at QB was Rodgers taking issue with personnel decisions. He doesn’t like the way the league operates and was clear about that. I remembered clearly because I actually agree with him. Zero loyalty today and this is the result of zero loyalty, it’s a poor way of treating others using “in the name of business” and it’s becoming the norm. How has jerking people around worked out? Not too good if you ask me
I was planning on dropping this but you posting"I'll take the man at his word" is just too funny. I definitely appreciate the chuckle. Thanks.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw. You can continually complain about later 3rd round picks all you want, but overall Gutey has hit on personnel decisions more than he’s missed imo. I’d put him top 8-12 or better against the league as a whole, 16 being average. I could care less about Round 3 because we don’t start with that round or finish with that round do we? Then why ignore every other trade and acquisition he’s made?
No. I count the entire picture of someone’s work not focus on 1 area of weakness. Imagine if your Employer did that to you. Only picked your production of your worst hour of a 10 hour day. Who cares what happens between 11-12pm if your full body of work is pretty good.
I only mentioned the 2020 draft in my post. I hated the 1st 3 rounds then and I still do. You were one of the posters saying GB actually had a chance to make the playoffs this year. I brought up your green and gold colored glasses. Turns out if Gute and Co. actually had a plan back then as weak as the NFC is you would have been correct.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One last point. Coming from a guy who continually points out how many picks (mostly late rounders) the Pack will have next year to help out it seems hypocritical to short sell late 3rd round picks. IMO. God Bless. Have a wonderful day. The Lord loves us all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was planning on dropping this but you posting"I'll take the man at his word" is just too funny. I definitely appreciate the chuckle. Thanks.
Both of you really have no clue if he was disgruntled. We have reports and such. And how he acted.

But you don't know if b4 the pick he was disgruntled..he may have been you again are telling others how someone is feeling and you don't know.

And old-school can't be sure either for same.reasons.

But you both can continue to debate when Rodgers was disgruntled

Reaction score
Both of you really have no clue if he was disgruntled. We have reports and such. And how he acted.

But you don't know if b4 the pick he was disgruntled..he may have been you again are telling others how someone is feeling and you don't know.

And old-school can't be sure either for same.reasons.

But you both can continue to debate when Rodgers was disgruntled
I’m 100% sure Rodgers was disgruntled before the 2020 draft. @Schultz seems to enjoy being controversial and as his controversial friend I feel it necessary to oblige him :)
Who am I to ruin his fun

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disgruntled or not, maybe he had reason to be disgruntled? I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say the fan base has been disgruntled also. All that talk about two HOF quarterbacks and only one Super Bowl apiece. Of course, some of the fans were disgruntled with him lol.

Reaction score
Can we all take a 15 minute breather & reflect on just how horrible of a trade Desean Watson was for Clevland? (3) 1sts, (1) 3rd, &(1) 5th rounder plus they gave him a fully guaranteed $230Mil contract. Glad Gute isn't THAT cavalier with our football future. ;)
Exactly. That’s sort of what I was referring to with a #26 overall. Some people take my earlier comment that a #26 overall is cheap for a stab at a starting QB. That was misperceived as I don’t feel a #26 is a valuable selection. I think it’s very valuable. However after the top 25 draft picks are gone, the most proven College QB draft prospects are thin.
According to DraftTek as an example

A #8 overall = TWO Jordan #26 overalls
A #3 overall = THREE #26 overalls (plus change for a early 4th rounder)
A #1 overall = FOUR #26 overalls (+current 3rd Rounder in change)

So Jordan is relatively cheap on an equivalent 5th year (22.5Mil). Especially considering we can walk away for $13.5mil guaranteed if desired. That’s a very reasonable contract and draft expenditure to take a stab at starting QB.

The hit ratio finding an upper echelon Starting QB outside a #25 overall draft selection is low. So that is a steal IF he sticks.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we all take a 15 minute breather & reflect on just how horrible of a trade Desean Watson was for Clevland? (3) 1sts, (1) 3rd, &(1) 5th rounder plus they gave him a fully guaranteed $230Mil contract. Glad Gute isn't THAT cavalier with our football future. ;)
Better to home grow a quarterback if you can. And Love's had three years to study under Rodgers, ideal situation. Face it, Love is going to be our best chance to win for the foreseeable future.

Reaction score
Me thinks we’ll have a much better picture of where Love is headed by middle of 2024 (call it a year from today) or before.
There is still plenty of season left for growth through life games. Although I wouldn’t mind giving Sean Clifford a shot over the last few games this season. Live games are very valuable for a young QB, maybe let him play a few quarters, plus the last contest.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me thinks we’ll have a much better picture of where Love is headed by middle of 2024 (call it a year from today) or before.
There is still plenty of season left for growth through life games. Although I wouldn’t mind giving Sean Clifford a shot over the last few games this season. Live games are very valuable for a young QB, maybe let him play a few quarters, plus the last contest.
That is a good idea. Recall how we depended on Matt Flynn in 2013 after the Scott Tolzien debacle. Matt's past performance with GB was why we acquired him again. And without him we surely would not have made the playoffs that year.

Members online

Latest posts