The Giants Achilles Heel

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I understand your point, and I would say Houston should have won that game as far as how their defense out played Baltimore. If Schaub played that game, Texans would have won 27-17. Instead we had to sit through 3 hours of T.J. Yates forcing balls to Andre Johnson when other guys were open down field, it was quite depressing.

I knew it would be the end of Yates. Too much to handle on the road. Fortunate start for the Ravens too since they have been known for a first round choke at home.

The Ravens also beat the Texans this year with Schaub too btw.

I would prefer the game this weekend was in Baltimore. Then again it might be better to be in NE where all the pressure is on the Pats. The Pats have all the ex Pats from the SB teams to be there at the game and it's going to be a must win for them.

Many Ravens fans are comparing this game to the AFCCG in Oakland in early 2001 where they were counted out.

The NE D is bad but scrappy and well coached at times. But, damn. If they can give Flacco time and he has his head on straight he can kill them. The Ravens D is pretty good vs. TEs. If they can get physical with the TEs like the Steelers did then they have a shot. Too many teams play the Pats scared on defense.

A trend I like:
2009: Pats lose at home in WC round
2010: Pats lose at home in divisional round
2011: Pats play AFCCG at home?

OP
OP
nyghater

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This tempt board didn't work for the Steelers.

Correct, because it was an indirect choice, a probability that the artwork would get completed. That's the "experiment" part of this I am beginning to understand by reading the home page.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Did you know.......

No team in NFL history with an offense or defense ranked outside the top 25 has ever won the Super Bowl.......49ers rank 26th in total offense, Giants rank 27th in total defense and the Patriots are ranked 31st in total defense. The Baltimore Ravens are ranked 15th on offense and 3rd on defense.

N

NYgiants1411

It's sad you guys have to go that low to beat us at something...you can have that win, because Giants fans really don't care about it.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you know.......

No team in NFL history with an offense or defense ranked outside the top 25 has ever won the Super Bowl.......49ers rank 26th in total offense, Giants rank 27th in total defense and the Patriots are ranked 31st in total defense. The Baltimore Ravens are ranked 15th on offense and 3rd on defense.
Jules you left out a couple of rankings. You only gave the Ravens offense and defense rankings.

OP
OP
nyghater

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just posted at the Tempt Destiny site this morning:

FINAL HOURS!

It has come down to this, by 2 pm today the head-to-head battle between the 49ers fans and the Ravens fans will be decided. With results being as close as they are, there will be no more unlimited voting sessions conducted. So it will come down to fans going to the"Site Map" page to make sure that they vote from each page (38 pages) to cast their one vote per page per hour. May the most dedicated group of fans win.

There are two ways to win this:

1. Billboard of Choice - The fans that cast the most votes by 2 pm, January 22, 2012, directly wins the billboard (certainty). However, if the team with the most votes does not make it to the SB then the possibility of a direct choice cannot be made which leaves us with option two.

2. Billboard of Chance - If option one does not take place and your team happens by chance to have the most votes of the two SB bound teams (probability), your team indirectly wins the billboard. If both SB bound teams have the same vote totals then the indirect choice cannot be made = no Tempt Destiny billboard for this season.

This billboard costs you and your team nothing but the desire to make it happen. Now your team will see if their fans can walk-the-walk and represent them as their fans expect them to be represented ... as winners.

Voting Results for 2011 Playoffs

Fans Votes Percent
49'ERS 54395 31%
GIANTS 39773 23%
PATRIOTS 24681 14%
RAVENS 54422 31%

OP
OP
nyghater

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE! I can't believe the news! This is like out of some movie.

1. The 49ers cast the most votes to win the tempt destiny billboard. But their team needs to also win to make this happen.
2. The 49ers lose to the Giants in the NFC championship game. So they lose out on the billboard.
3. The billboard then goes to the Super Bowl bound team with the most votes.
4. The Giants wind up winning the billboard.

... ok, now wait for it ... recall I pointed out that the Giants have NEVER won a Super Bowl without their billboard, right?

BOOM - the Giants turned down their own billboard legacy today!

Members online

Latest posts