The Favre pick on the rollout was an incredibly stupid call.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has been good in the pocket all year decision wise and over the years when he rolls to the sidelines he tend to make poor decisions.

The days of intentionally rolling Favre out should now end.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree! All the fake draws and crap just slowed everything down. I am almost sick over McCarthy's playcall

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The Favre pick on the rollout was an incredibly stupid c

He's actually pretty good when he rolls to his left for whatever reason. But yeah, bad decision.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since when is Favre bad at rolling out? Honestly, I've never heard that before. It was just a terrible throw, plain and simple. It was his first really bad throw in a long time.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah. Greg. But he turned the game around with this one.

He also put us in position to be "turned around". It was a dumb throw. Not having the confidence in him to let him continue doing what he has done so well after it, was a dumb gameplan.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm w/ greg...bad play call or not, a 17 year vet needs to know better in that situation. bears weren't moving the ball at all, and he gave them a freebee at the 20 rather than after a punt at the Chi 40.

Favre has been phenomenal all year, but evil brett popped out of his shell on that one

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett obviously had a mental lapse there. Driver wasn't very covered very well but the throw was about 5 yards too short and 10 yards to the left.

As much a as Favre's improvisations have helped us out this year, that pass is a perfect example of what happens when improv goes awry.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pretty simple to me... Brett was starting to press, he could feel the game slipping away as most could. Bad decision no doubt, but he was trying to make a play.

Brett rolling out is still a great call... I think you are making more of it that what it was.. a bad decision by a player trying to make something of nothing..

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a bad pass and he knew it, he owned up to it completely in the postgame conference. I agree that he was pressing a bit. We know these things will happen with Brett - but it's not happening as much as last year and those lapses have been few and far between lately.

I agree that it's not worth dwelling on. If this happned two or three times, ach. I know it cost us dearly but so did several other crucial mistakes and penalties.

Ouch. Think about Woodson. I love the guy, he's a vet, and he knows to protect the ball. But he didn't, and the Pack paid the price. Amazing so many mistakes and we still almost won. I guess that's (kind of) the silver lining...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree scotty.

worst half of football weve played since New England last year.
and we still had a chance to win.

on a night where we have 1000 turnovers, the refs didnt help us out at all, with ******** lining up over the center calls and everything else that could have gone wrong did.... we still only lost by 7.

not the end of the season. or the world

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot of increadably stupid calls in this one. I think in the second half we forgot that we had a thing called wide recievers. Because all we did was throw to our running backs!! Or our TE's right over the middle. what happened to the quick slants?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree scotty.

worst half of football weve played since New England last year.
and we still had a chance to win.

on a night where we have 1000 turnovers, the refs didnt help us out at all, with ******** lining up over the center calls and everything else that could have gone wrong did.... we still only lost by 7.

not the end of the season. or the world

The refs weren't that bad last night. The players lost the game with those turnovers. There is no reason for us to start crying like Minny fans about the refs costing us the game.

There are many who are talking about JJ's fumbles costing us the game. Those were bad, but we were up by 10 at halftime. IMO, Brett's stupid pass cost us the game more than anything!

The playcall wasn't great, but it made sense. We needed to do something different on offense to get things going and we had a lot of success on that play last year. Plus we hadn't really used it much this year, so the Bears shouldn't have expected it.

Tossing a slow pass into a gaggle of defenders was just about as dumb@$$ as anything I could imagine. Brett's been very efficient all year and has avoided such stupid mistakes, but that one was critical.

GO PACK GO!!!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, the refs were so bad they couldn't count to 12.

We were so bad that we handed the other team the ball 4 times in critical scoring situations! Go ahead and cry like a Minny fan if you like, but it wasn't the ref's fault we lost that game!

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not crying. I know we had turnovers and lots of mistakes, but the refs were as bad as I can remember.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crying about the refs is for losers, if we would have taken care of the ball and taken care of business we would not have been in a position to let the uneven officiating impact the game.

Turnovers and a disjointed offensive effort in the 2nd half are what lost this game, however, I do not feel that this was one of the better officiated games I have seen in recent memory.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre has been good in the pocket all year decision wise and over the years when he rolls to the sidelines he tend to make poor decisions.

The days of intentionally rolling Favre out should now end.

I agree. Horrible play call but McCarthy wasn't the one who threw the ball. Definitely a poor decision and Favre wouldn't say otherwise I'm sure.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not know if I would fault the playcall, rather the execution. It seemed like the Bears were collapsing the pocket fairly well and it seemed logical to get Favre out in space to see if something could develop downfield.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I totally agree! All the fake draws and crap just slowed everything down. I am almost sick over McCarthy's playcall

So McCarthy called the "roll out and throw it to urlacher" play?

lol

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Very good point. That was inexcusable. It was right there, and I'd like to hear Perriera's explanation for that one, turning over a call that had no chance at being reversed. That's a traveshamockery.

But we still should've won, regardless of that sh***y call. You just can't make any excuse for 4 turnovers, and a penalties like the Barnett facemask on THIRD DOWN. It was the players' faults for losing, you can't expect MM to protect the ball himself....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Very good point. That was inexcusable. It was right there, and I'd like to hear Perriera's explanation for that one, turning over a call that had no chance at being reversed. That's a traveshamockery.

But we still should've won, regardless of that sh***y call. You just can't make any excuse for 4 turnovers, and a penalties like the Barnett facemask on THIRD DOWN. It was the players' faults for losing, you can't expect MM to protect the ball himself....
Barnett knew right away he screwed up on that play. He put his hands to his face.....he knew he messed up. It happened so fast, i think it was bang bang and he had no time to let go. By then, it was seen by the ref.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made Favre's pass even worse is the fact that on a rollout you can throw it away with no chance of intentional grounding being called. That play brought back memories of 2005, when Favre made so many bad throws out of desperation.

I thought McCarthy's bad decision was not that playcall, but the three straight runs he called on the next possession. That was like a slap in the face to Favre. Favre had just thrown his first interception in three games (and the one in NY was a deflected ball anyway), and suddenly McCarthy didn't trust him.

Bad things happen when you play scared.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

KGB94SACKEM said:

So McCarthy called the "roll out and throw it to urlacher" play?

lol

It was a designed rollout, bud. Thats bad playcall backed up in your own endzone with a older, not so mobile QB. Throw in the fact that they had no respect for our run, so any kind of PA was going to have no effect.
Spread them out and get in Shotgun. Get something quick or send the TE on a 5 yard out.

Terrible Call by McCarthy, bad execution by Favre, end of story

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
What made Favre's pass even worse is the fact that on a rollout you can throw it away with no chance of intentional grounding being called. That play brought back memories of 2005, when Favre made so many bad throws out of desperation.

I thought McCarthy's bad decision was not that playcall, but the three straight runs he called on the next possession. That was like a slap in the face to Favre. Favre had just thrown his first interception in three games (and the one in NY was a deflected ball anyway), and suddenly McCarthy didn't trust him.

Bad things happen when you play scared.

and the players sense it

Members online

Latest posts