1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The disrespect continues

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Nov 29, 2007.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So I'm watching ESPN First Take and....

Marco Rivera picked the Cowboys
    Skip Bayless picked the Cowboys
    Jalen Rose picked the Cowboys

People seem to think Woodson won't play, or if he does, he will be nonexistent, and that T.O. will abuse him.

The thing is...Harris will be on him mostly, so that logic is flawed(yeah, shocker, I know)

They also mention the Dline injuries, ignoring the fact that it's one of the deepest Dline rotations in the league.

Ignorance is running wild on gameday. When push comes to shove, the moronic experts will pick Romo and T.O. because they are Romo and T.O. and ignore things like Defensive depth, multiple pass receivers, improved running game, amazing gameplanning, and the fact that the Cowboys also have some injuries, and have a bad pass defense. What has Favre done to bad pass defenses all year? Hmmmm....do the experts even WATCH these games?

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think they do. Just like when they say the Packers don't have any deep threats. Favre has 13 40+yard completions this year. Romo has 8.

3. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    And btw, thats the most 40+ yard completions Brett has ever had in a season. He also had 13 in 2001.

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    John Clayton is picking the Cowboys too:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=1stand10/07week13

I can't complain about anyone picking the Cowboys, but this is just way too lopsided. These teams are very even. And the writers get a lot of stuff wrong too, like saying that the Packers don't have a deep threat, or don't have a running game, or are too inexperienced (as if the Cowboys have a lot of playoff experience).

I think a lot of people (including some Packer fans, even) are still thinking about those 90s Cowboys teams that beat the Packers every time. But that was a great team with proven veterans. The current Cowboy team is a young up-and-coming team, just like the Packers. It's a very even matchup.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    and that leds the nfl doesnt it?

6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    it do

7. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i like being the under dog, so do athletes!

8. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    however we do give up the 12th most plays over 20 yards too..... so they will get theirs

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    There hedging their bets on Home Field and the fast turf in Big D.

Let them guess all they want... I hope we come out and punch them in the nose early and often. Play "balls out" the entire game.

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ryan Grant is getting NO press this week.

It's all Favre, Romo, and TO, then if the analysts try to pretend to be good, they mention Driver and Jennings and Witten.

Ryan Grant is waiting in the wings, waiting to take the handoff from Favre. "But Trom, you stupid moron, the Dallas run D is good!" So was the Vikings and how did that work out? When you're worried to death about the passing game, the run game can bite you in the ***....and don't call me a stupid moron.

11. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    We will get our yards tonight on the ground.. with the focus on stopping the pass, the OLB comming up field and the Inside Backers heads on swivels trying to react to pass vs. run.. we will get more yards than the "experts" even guess.

Tonight might ended the "talking heads" idea that the Packer's can't run the ball.

Come on Grant and Oline... hang a buck fifty on the boys.

12. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let them all pick the Cowboys. Who cares? Then when the Packers win, it will be alot more satisfying for the Packer fans.

I am picking the Pack to win. 27-23 final score.

13. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you guys ever noticed that whenever the analysts unanimously pick a team to win, the game is often a LOT closer???

This should be a great game...

14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Ryan Grant is being really dissed all over the place..

He is going to be like a rattlesnake that you dont see until it bites ya in the ***

15. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love this lead in to Clayton's article on ESPN's front page:

They make it sound like Brett is the only playmaker we have healthy and our one faint hope....

And inexperience is such a HUUUGE factor between these teams (just like it has been in our 10 wins this season :roll: )- why does "experience" matter in a non-playoff game?

16. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    None of the "experts" predicted that GB would win 10 games this year, so it's no surprise. Personally I'm very happy that GB doesn't any respect. It helps to keep the players humble and focus on what got them to this point.

An unbiased prediction for tonight though would be toward Dallas -- identical records and Dallas playing at home. Add to that point that Favre has never won in Dallas, in fact GB hasn't won there since 1989. These are the facts of the situation. It's not about Dallas having a better defense or unstopable offense, or GB offense having no weapons -- all of which are incorrect. It's about 2 good teams facing off and one having the advantage of being at home.

Now I just hope that GB steps up tonight and once again proves the experts wrong!

GO PACK GO!!!

17. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Maybe they missed this clip...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tom Jackson picked the Pack to win 27-24.

19. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I always like TJ... out of all the clowns on ESPN.. TJ has a decent take on most things.

20. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I really don't mind if guys pick the Cowboys, I mean, it's a good pick. So would picking the Pack..

And I like all the ESPN guys, they seem to have pretty well researched opinions and thoughts on 32 teams every week. That aint easy to do. Well, except Emmitt. That guy's disgracing his legacy. Irvin was obnoxious, so I'm glad he's gone. Same for Theismann.

I definitely like the dynamic with Key and Tuna, and they both present their opineons well. Same for Boomer, TJ, Stece Young, Stu Scott, Schlereth, and Ditka is always good for a laugh.

Don't like Salisbury, Hodge, Mort, Mayne (he's growin on me a bit), or the sideline chicks.

21. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Off topic even more..

Key goes in spurts... Homer then non-homer.. but he is an improvement of Irvin.

The Tuna is a straight shooter and does a nice job.. Boomer is Boomer.. makes the thing roll.

Can't stand Steve Young and his ego.. But Schelereth is a great bit man.. Ditka is okay... the rest.. and little to no value.. yes even Mort..

22. johnny_blood

johnny_blood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love this "disrespect" and hope it continues.

23. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I agree. Even the numbers are so very close in most catagories.

I like what Brett said early on. We need to control the ball on offense with long methodical drives that keeps the Boys offense off the field.

I can see a revert back to what we saw early in the year with Brett cutting teams up with short passes and slants all the way down the field. I also have more confidence we can run some as well. When they go all out to stop that we can expect the long ball over the top but only to back them off. The less of a shootout we get into the better for us.

I really think MM will try to get the offensive rythm going and try to dictate that throughout the game. If we have to go TD for TD with them all night is where we could lose.

24. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that says it all.

These "experts" have as much relevance as that old hippie lady who does your astrology charts.

25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too. And I hope we're 17 point underdogs when we win the SB as well.