The Charles Woodson effect..

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't recall all the details as to why the Packers let Charles walk in FA (probably money) but I really miss his leadership and play making ability. I always thought he was THAT GUY that just made a defense better.
Money is always a factor. TT likes to go young nearly all the time. He got Julius Peppers at a bargain price. Charles did not have the speed and he was getting flattened because our run defense was forcing the secondary to make too many tackles. We definitely needed the cash to pay for a few that we have now.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't anyone understand that Charles Woodson isn't any good because he's over 30!!!! It's impossible for players over 30 to be any good!

Or maybe he was let go cause he was due to be roughly a 10 million dollar cap hit, was just comming off another broken collarbone and didn't look all that great at Saftey in the time he spent back there for us. It wasn't just his age

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am completely biased on this situation but I'll do my best to weigh in.

I think as much as the play making ability that just came natural to him I miss his leadership. Plus he was just an overall great competitor and I was sad to see him go.

But to be fair... Regardless of his 5 interceptions this year. He is part of one of the worst secondaries in football, they are 28th in yards per game passing and if you watch them they may even be worse than that.

He isn't the same athlete he was out of Michigan and while Ill always think fondly of him, this isn't his glory years. He is out of place more often then in the right place. Its just they don't show those plays on SportsCenter.

First ballot Hall of Famer, And Ill continue to wear my #21 with pride... BUT I'm OK with him being in Oakland.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't anyone understand that Charles Woodson isn't any good because he's over 30!!!! It's impossible for players over 30 to be any good!

Tell you what - you field a team of anyone you want over 30, I get to put one together of players under 30, and we'll see who wins. Anytime someone has to use 'impossible', 'never', 'always' et. al., in the discussion, you can be pretty sure they haven't got a real point.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or maybe he was let go cause he was due to be roughly a 10 million dollar cap hit, was just comming off another broken collarbone and didn't look all that great at Saftey in the time he spent back there for us. It wasn't just his age

My comment was not directed at the Packers. More directed at those that shout "30!" every time a contract renewal comes up.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell you what - you field a team of anyone you want over 30, I get to put one together of players under 30, and we'll see who wins. Anytime someone has to use 'impossible', 'never', 'always' et. al., in the discussion, you can be pretty sure they haven't got a real point.

Apparently I need to work on my sarcasm...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson was a great leader for the GBP. You cannot compare (yet) HaHa to a sure thing future hall of famer and definitely not Burnett. Love that deep voice. Anyway, I think if Rodgers gives him a good pump fake we can go deep for a TD. You heard it here first.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[sarcasm=on] sarcastic comment [/sarcasm=off]
or [SARCASM] sarcastic comment [/SARCASM]

See, my problem is that I assume that a wildly outrageous comment should be readily identifiable as sarcastic....I keep forgetting that on the Internets there is no such thing as wildly outrageous.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Letting him go was at the time, the right decision. He'd lost a step and if i remember correctly, despite his picks, was getting burned a lot. Who could have known he'd still be relevant now? I know he's got a lot of turnovers this year, but i would imagine he's still getting burned quite a bit too.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C-Wood was an awesome player, I wonder if he has any interest in coaching? Might make for a solid secondary coach for some team with, say, three rookie corners?

Members online

Latest posts