The "BULLS EYE" Factor.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not been as active on this site in the off season. So, if this thought has been covered please forgive me.

We all know the Giants will have the BULLS EYE on them by every team that plays them this year. They are the target. Teams will be up for them as Super Bowl Champions.

The Cowboys will have the BULLS EYE on them as well. Just because they are the Cowboys, and expected to be the NFC Champions this year. Teams will be up for them.

Now... This brings us all to The Packers.

I think the fact that Arron is a rookie starter, Brett is gone, and regardless of their record last year, and that they took the Giants into overtime, there will NOT be a BULLS EYE on the Packers.

This could be a good thing when you look at the schedule. I think, the fact that Brett is gone, the Non BULLS EYE effect from his retirement may off set the number of losses the Packers will have without Brett's experience in the Pocket.

I have so much confidence in young Aaron that I think he is going to shock the world next year. This, combined with the Non Brett BULLS EYE FACTOR means only good things next year.

The only thing that I am worried about is the first game. The Monday Night Game.

It is Brett's night, and for the Vikings this game is the BIGGEST BULLS EYE they have this year. Not a good way to kick off the season.

With the Non-Bulls Eye factor, I kind of look at Aaron and this team as an ambush waiting to happen.

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I think the fact that Arron is a rookie starter, Brett is gone, and regardless of their record last year, and that they took the Giants into overtime, there will NOT be a BULLS EYE on the Packers.

I agree.

According to the experts, we went from being one of the best in the NFL to a nobody. A team without a QB. A team without a leader. A team without a chance.

I think it's funny because since Thompson arrived, he's been planning for THIS season. He's been doing what he could to make sure the first post-Favre year was as productive as a Favre-year. The defense has been built up, better than it's been in about 10 years. The offense is one of the most potent all around, with a small question mark at QB I guess.

But if Aaron Rodgers can show the poise and patience on the field that he does with these moron reporters with their Favre questions...he'll be fine and the team will be back deep in the playoffs.

You'll see. He'll show ya.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

I agree.

According to the experts, we went from being one of the best in the NFL to a nobody. A team without a QB. A team without a leader. A team without a chance.

I think it's funny because since Thompson arrived, he's been planning for THIS season. He's been doing what he could to make sure the first post-Favre year was as productive as a Favre-year. The defense has been built up, better than it's been in about 10 years. The offense is one of the most potent all around, with a small question mark at QB I guess.

But if Aaron Rodgers can show the poise and patience on the field that he does with these moron reporters with their Favre questions...he'll be fine and the team will be back deep in the playoffs.

You'll see. He'll show ya.

I told all my Viking buddies that we still had the best quarterback in the division the same Favre retired. I saw what i needed to see in the Dallas game last year. We were dead to rights when Aaron entered the game, and we damn near won it.

I do wish we were playing the Bears in game one instead of Minnesota, but then again these aren't the Mike Sherman Packers anymore. We will be prepared.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These aren't the Mike Sherman Packers anymore.

Sounds like a marketing slogan. I love the concept.

However, it reminds me of the worst most destructible marketing campaign in the history of the American Automobile Industry.

"This is not your father's Oldsmobile."

You make a great point Dakota... This team is perpared!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of this matters. If the Packers win this year, they will get all the love they want. Last year means nothing. The whole, "We don't get any respect!" thing gets old. Be it from fans or players. Getting "love" doesn't win games. Talent and execution does.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think as soon as ESPN, NFLN, FOX, and the other networks send reporters out to Green Bay for their training camp you'll hear more and more talk about the Packers being the class of the NFC North.

If Rodgers also continues to play well then that bulls eye will be back in a heartbeat.

I think people are going to look at the first 3 weeks since GB plays the heavily hyped Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys in Lambeau.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers also continues to play well then that bulls eye will be back in a heartbeat.

Porky, You are right as rain about the Bulls Eye coming back.

However, "IF" Is not in the option list. There is no "IF" in Rodgers, just like there is no "I" in team.

Over the Summer and through camp, R.P. is going to be called an "Aaron Rodgers' Jock Sniffer" but I could care less. He is going to have a remarkable first year. I have confidence he is the real deal.

Right now... He is my favorite QB in the NFL. I am proud to say that. GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM, and the DIRECTION they have been going since T.T. stepped in.

R. "ARJS" P.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts