The Blueprint to exploit Brad Jones has been created.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings owned him yesterday by sending him into coverage against the Tight End and he looked real bad. This is not good news going forward with the good TE's detroit has and while the Bear's TE is awful Forte could be used against him.

I think rotating him and Francois could do the trick because Francois is decent in coverage and Jones is better against the run.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He did play awful. Ponder made him look dumb as all hell on that TD pass, it wasnt even a laser pass and it went right past brad jones, he watched it go by like he was amazed at it or something. Guys ran right past him, he tried to many high tackles. He is a lost soldier on the battlefield.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's never been good in space imo. We have to remember he was the third option at many of the lb spots. I personally would like to see more Francois .

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, we can be thankful that Broyles isn't playing this Sunday due to an injury. But I'm sure Jones will still be targetted as a pass defender that can be exploited by a TE or RB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ponder made him look dumb as all hell on that TD pass, it wasnt even a laser pass and it went right past brad jones, he watched it go by like he was amazed at it or something.
I'm not sticking up for Jones, because I agree with most that his coverage skills were non-existent. However, you can't make things up. Jones never looked back at the quarterback or the ball until it was way too late. That was Jones' problem on the TD catch. Ponder shouldn't have thrown the ball into that coverage. Despite Jones being in the right position to make the play, he wasn't paying attention to the passer and that's why Ponder threw it and was successful. Jones wasn't 'watching it go by in amazement,' he was slow to react.

I point this out because it's one of the problems with these forums. Everyone gets crazy about how so-and-so didn't execute, and the next thing you know there are five threads about shipping that player out of town. Good fans are realistic in their praise and critique, not hyper-critical and prone to embellishing reality to make their points.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I'm not sticking up for Jones, because I agree with most that his coverage skills were non-existent. However, you can't make things up. Jones never looked back at the quarterback or the ball until it was way too late. That was Jones' problem on the TD catch. Ponder shouldn't have thrown the ball into that coverage. Despite Jones being in the right position to make the play, he wasn't paying attention to the passer and that's why Ponder threw it and was successful. Jones wasn't 'watching it go by in amazement,' he was slow to react.

I point this out because it's one of the problems with these forums. Everyone gets crazy about how so-and-so didn't execute, and the next thing you know there are five threads about shipping that player out of town. Good fans are realistic in their praise and critique, not hyper-critical and prone to embellishing reality to make their points.

LOL....I'm not being hyper critical, I am a realist by far. Jones was in slow motion and looked lost the entire game. That sir, is a fact, not being hyper critical. From what I saw, he was in a good position to make an INT or at the least a deflection. His head did move fromright to left while the TE made the catch, which lead me to beleive he watched it go by. Either way, he is a sloth, always has been, always will be. Also, Ponder didn't make the decision to throw that ball due to the fact that he thought brad jones wasnt looking...LMAO...the TE had 3 packers defenders around him. That is poor decision making on Ponders part and he just got lucky the sloth was out in front and not a DB. Ponder is not that crafty of a QB to be seeing brad jones eyes not looking at him and make bullet type passes and thread needles.....LOL...that was evident by the 2 INT's he threw, one of which he threw right at our DB in the endzone, proving he lacks any real vision.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I saw, he was in a good position to make an INT or at the least a deflection. His head did move fromright to left while the TE made the catch, which lead me to beleive he watched it go by. Either way, he is a sloth, always has been, always will be.
I agree with this a hundred percent.

My second paragraph was more general and not referring specifically to you. My apologies if it appeared that way. I've climbed onto my soap box a few times recently

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts