That f**k**g 3rd down fog horn!!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The worst friggen marketing gimmick since the early 80's Packy Packman. I don't care if it came off The Edmund Fitzgerald. Make that POS gone now! My god can THAT make Pack fans scream and yell on 3rd down better than actually stopping them on 3rd down?

Thing sounds like a communal fart.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree so much I’m commenting again. I thought my kids were messing with the big garage fan again and was getting ready to yell at them when I realized it was coming from the tv

It should never be played again

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was wondering what that noise was. I thought it was an imitation of the thing the Vikings have.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then the fans need to get off their butts and get louder.
I agree. I admit, if people are sitting, so am I.

when we're on offense. I don't sit or shut up when we're on defense unless they're in a commercial break. I have noticed recently we seem to have 2 types of fans, drunker than **** and could care less about the game and those who used to watch the games like that 30+ years ago and now mostly sit. With the rest of us sprinkled about the stadium.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority but I have no problem with the horn. Other teams use whatever means available to give their team the advantage. I will wait a few games before I make a final decision.

It's really sad when they have to posts "Get Louder" signs on the light boards.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard it, but most of what I've heard is pretty negative. They need bikini Packer Girls to run around to get the attention of the drunks and produce a lot more noise. One lucky raffle winner gets to take a bikini girl home. I've got ideas, man.

Reaction score
They need bikini Packer Girls to run around to get the attention of the drunks and produce a lot more noise. One lucky raffle winner gets to take a bikini girl home. I've got ideas, man.

Yeah coming with a bikini gal riding on your back........that should go over great with our wife's

"Hey sweetie, look what I won in a raffle, can we keep her?"
"She's built better then your sister, and better sex......." :D

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game. However it sounded on TV, it was ten times worse at the game. Whoever's idea this was needs to be fired yesterday.

H

HardRightEdge

i watched the game the other night and didn't hear it. watching the replay now and still haven't heard it. it must be a pretty lame horn.
I didn't hear it either watching on NFL Game Pass. Were they blowing this thing with the Packers on defense? After Houston broke the huddle?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fog horn is a pretty lame way to get fans fired up. This incarnation is more likely to make them sleepy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard it a few times watching the game locally on NBC. It wasn't obvious what it was, took me a bit to figure out it was actually coming from my TV LOL

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't hear it either watching on NFL Game Pass. Were they blowing this thing with the Packers on defense? After Houston broke the huddle?
supposedly when they were on D, on third downs, much like the way min uses their annoying horn which you can't NOT hear. i watched the game live and never heard it. couldn't be heard on the replay either. so...it must not be very loud...thus my "it must be a pretty lame" comment.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This reminds me of the G-Force crap that the Packers tried to roll out a decade or so ago. If the team can't get the fans excited, then maybe the Packers should focus on the on-field product instead of manufactured sound. One could also argue that the price of tickets has changed the complexion of the fans in the stands. Less real Packers fans are able to get into the stadium while the well-healed elites sit out there and mindlessly watch the game while checking their work emails.

Either way, I am 200% against manufactured noise unless there are sousaphones and accordions involved.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just re-watched the game on NFL Network's replay. You can clearly hear the horn at both 2:05 and 0:31 left in the 2nd quarter.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep that horn is an outrage...out w it...this is the green bay packers.....americas team....not piped in minnesota trophyless aa oo gaa....maybe bill had something to do w it and his epl...:cautious:

Dayooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instead of the fog horn, it should of been a long slow opening of a can of beer played real loud.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering what that noise was. I thought it was an imitation of the thing the Vikings have.
I did too. Why in the world would we want something that sounds like what the Vikings use?

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I heard it a few times watching the game locally on NBC. It wasn't obvious what it was, took me a bit to figure out it was actually coming from my TV LOL

My wife walked through the family room to her office when the thing went off. She stops and said, "What was that? You think that's funny?" :cautious: See, women never fart - they just sit near dogs that do...

Now, if I had dropped one on a leather recliner, it would have been a helluva lot better than that foghorn ostensibly off of the USS Green Bay... and I'd be proud to own up to it. I felt cheap saying it came from the speakers.

Members online

Latest posts