Thanks again Brett!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musccy,

Don't you know in Packerland, anytime someone points out that Brett is a mere mortal that is a sin. It is like standing before the Spanish Inquisition Tribual.
No one dare say anything about Brett otherwise you are bad mouthing him and you are not a true fan.
Even though I haven't seen anyone really criticize him per se merely mention that it is time to give Rodgers a look see. (And I don't mean start nor take 25 snaps either.)
There is no doubt that Brett is still one of the elites in the league. He is #5 in passing yards, #4 in TD's but his rating is #22 and Int is last. (Even now w/ his poor rating I still wouldn't want to trade him for David Carr, Brian Griese or several other starting QBs.)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those two ints were bad. I will never accuse you of being less than a great Packer fan. I just feel Brett SHOULD BE off limits. He is more football than the rest of the team combined.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
He is more football than the rest of the team combined.

Agreed! FIVE FOLD.

DePack said:
I just feel Brett SHOULD BE off limits.

If our President, no matter who he is (Dem or Rep) is not off limits, (And please don't turn this into a political debate now.)
I don't think anyone else should ever be off limits either.
Just speak the truth as you see it.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Brett's had a better year than our President!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said I am refering to the office and not a specific man. In 15 yrs he has had better years than many of the Presidents.

Any how after 6 pages this topic is definately gotten boring. Nothing new is being said by either side. I am moving on.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wpr...

(Like Clinton was off limits? Is that what you mean...?)

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck,
This site has discussed both the current and prior Presidents on numerous occassions. At the request of Ryan we are not doing so anymore.

But for the record, President Clinton deserves as much respect as every other President despite someone's (mine included) personal beliefs of the man. Not everything he did was wrong and not everything he did was right.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
DePack said:
I agree with you Pack66 except for the obligatory Sherman is a **** poor coach comment.

The fact that a BEAR fan thinks Rodgers should get some time should tell the anti-Favre gang something. Let's see we play the Bears twice in the next month. How has Brett done against these *******? I guarantee you we win AT LEAST one of the games against the bears BECAUSE of Brett. Besides...it's not like Rothlesburger or Orton had anybody ahead of them, and both these teams are winning on defense.

You know my motto: Aaron Rodgers isn't owed ****. Take your millions to hold a clipboard or beat out Brett for the starting job......it's that simple.

Such anger, DePack. shhh.. take a breath.... I will make this prediction - Brett will only be in for a quarter or so in the Christmas game (in order to keep his streak alive). BTW - Orton does have somebody who is creeping up behind him - Grossman. For all of Orton's success, he is still on a short leash.

Rex Grossman is history... Kyle Orton keeps the starting QB job ...on into next year... and more.... Rex will be out of football in two-three years...

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Rex Grossman is history... Kyle Orton keeps the starting QB job ...on into next year... and more.... Rex will be out of football in two-three years...

You think so?

Orton is definately keeping the job, but couldn't they just keep Grossman around as a good backup? Although Grossman really hasn't been able to prove himself yet. Perhaps the Lions would look into him.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz is right, our line kinda sucks, Favre gets pressured way too much in these games and thats what makes him throw these "willy nilly" plays. and also, i really don't like the coaching of offense this year... it has been terrible... i miss Mike Holmgreen.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
IPBprez said:

You think so?

Orton is definately keeping the job, but couldn't they just keep Grossman around as a good backup? Although Grossman really hasn't been able to prove himself yet. Perhaps the Lions would look into him.

Reasonable question - Although, ....I got to watch Kyle Orton from close up at PURDUE - which is about an hour's drive away from my house. Outside the midwest, no one really got to watch this kid upstage Drew Brees in beating certain other area Colleges - Notre Dame comes to mind, right away - so, I base my assertians(sp) on some history...

Kyle Orton, given the commodity of protection, will go on to have a pretty decent career in the NFL. Drew Brees is no flash in the pan, either. They both come from good stock.

Rex Grossman needs to set sail..... right up the St. Lawrence Seaway.
You now what - I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets take a stab at him - pending they miss out on Matt Leinart.

Members online

Latest posts