Terrible Officiating

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
There are some good and knowledgeable football fans here but the Packers bad start seems to be getting to some of you. I see a lot of pissing and moaning while throwing out insults at some of the other posters including your own Packer brothers. Lashing out at everyone who has an opinion just because the Packers are on their way to becoming a bad team will not make them win a single game and is starting to make this site boring.
I have a wife and a 16 year old daughter if I want to hear *** fueled ranting. :stop:

You live with women? Jeepers. That explains you picking on me. I know you are kidding. I can take it.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Philtration said:
There are some good and knowledgeable football fans here but the Packers bad start seems to be getting to some of you. I see a lot of pissing and moaning while throwing out insults at some of the other posters including your own Packer brothers. Lashing out at everyone who has an opinion just because the Packers are on their way to becoming a bad team will not make them win a single game and is starting to make this site boring.
I have a wife and a 16 year old daughter if I want to hear *** fueled ranting. :stop:

You live with women? Jeepers. That explains you picking on me. I know you are kidding. I can take it.
Even my dog if female.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Philtration said:
musccy said:
Philtration said:

Boring?!? I'd assume irrational ranting would be commical for the unaffected casual observer.
LOL! Actually, are we not ALL just unaffected casual observers? :D

Phil, you made some sense about people and their opinions. True it will not make the Pack win a single game. Are there any Bears forums with ranters and ravers on it? Will that help da bears?
There are and no, it will not help. I love football but it is not supposed to be a stress factory. Enjoy it for what it is. Winning is always more fun of course but don't we always come back every year regardless?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
The Packers are 0-3 because they are not a good football team.

...and da Bears are at 1-2 because they aren't any better.

The Pack is one game away from 1st place Phil. What does that say about the rest of the NFC North???

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Philtration said:
The Packers are 0-3 because they are not a good football team.

...and da Bears are at 1-2 because they aren't any better.

The Pack is one game away from 1st place Phil. What does that say about the rest of the NFC North???

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley
Two teams going in opposite directions.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucfan219 said:
Reality check: Nobody knows how the game would have turned out with good officiating.

I concur with that, Bucfan219.

However, without catering to conspiracy theories and some of the more outlandish accusations I have read in this thread, I was pi$$ed right off by the officiating in that game.

I also watched Tampa get the shaft by the zebras, however I felt that the Pack got the worse end of the stick. This may be because I am a Pack fan and wanted to see them win. However to make it clear how I am sure many of Green Bay's fans felt, when the intentional grounding call was originally flagged I thought that the zebras were calling another bogus penalty on Kampman for roughing the passer! It took a few minutes before I realized it was on Griese for intentional grounding (which was, for whatever reason, dismissed). :roll: I will not rehash what many of us thought about the infamous fumble. That idiot zebra could have very well cost the Pack the game. Who hires these morons, anyways???

I really wish that game could have been played out properly without a bunch of flag-happy zebras running around like a flock of chickens with their heads cut off and their brains leaking out their collective ****.

All I know is the Pack's performance vs. Tampa has made me feel a whole lot better about them facing Carolina this week, providing of course that we get a whole new officiating crew. :evil:

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

OP
OP
B

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Bucfan219 said:
Reality check: Nobody knows how the game would have turned out with good officiating.

I concur with that, Bucfan219.

However, without catering to conspiracy theories and some of the more outlandish accusations I have read in this thread, I was pi$$ed right off by the officiating in that game.

I can't blame you. I was furious at the officials myself, and even though we were helped by the blown calls on the Griese fumble and the intentional grounding play, those plays just show off the ineptitude of the officials all the more, magnifying my disappointment over the calls that affected my team.
The Bucs have had games where I've worn your shoes.
I know what it's like.

I also watched Tampa get the shaft by the zebras, however I felt that the Pack got the worse end of the stick. This may be because I am a Pack fan and wanted to see them win.

The blown call on the fumble was a horrible call, and since it was a change-of-possession play, I'll suggest that your assessment is fair even though you're a Packerfan.
:)
I do think that the Carroll interception was accounted for by defensive pass interference, but that's much more a judgment call than the Griese fumble. It's easier to understand the officials' ruling on the interception than on the fumble-that-wasn't.

However to make it clear how I am sure many of Green Bay's fans felt, when the intentional grounding call was originally flagged I thought that the zebras were calling another bogus penalty on Kampman for roughing the passer!

That's what the game announcers thought, too, at first. If I'd had the sound on the television set turned down then roughing the passer would not have crossed my mind. I was expecting intentional grounding, and I can't explain to you why that call was waved off.
Maybe I should watch it again to see if a Buc receiver was within 30 yards of where the ball was thrown. ;)

It took a few minutes before I realized it was on Griese for intentional grounding (which was, for whatever reason, dismissed). :roll: I will not rehash what many of us thought about the infamous fumble. That idiot zebra could have very well cost the Pack the game. Who hires these morons, anyways???

I really wish that game could have been played out properly without a bunch of flag-happy zebras running around like a flock of chickens with their heads cut off and their brains leaking out their collective ****.

Agreed.
Winning is nice, but I'm interested in who's the better team minus referee meddling.

All I know is the Pack's performance vs. Tampa has made me feel a whole lot better about them facing Carolina this week, providing of course that we get a whole new officiating crew. :evil:

Their defensive line is pretty strong even without Jenkins. I hope you guys are able to run against them. If not, you're likely to struggle with turnovers in the passing game again.
I think that the Bucs have a better secondary than do the Panthers, but the Panthers bring more of the type of pressure that results in QB sacks.
Hopefully Favre will be on top of his game.

Control the clock on the Panthers and you've got a shot.
Best of luck.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
PackerChick said:
Philtration said:

Even my dog if female.

ooh that rough. what more can i say?

Members online

Latest posts