Terrible Officiating

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"this "could have been" a good game - had it not been for the No. 14 Referree who was obviously in the back pocket of whatever Bookie was sittin' in the stands.... THAT's RIGHT, I SAID BOOKIE."

Didn't we cover the spread?

OP
OP
B

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Philtration said:
To start blaming the refs for the Packers problems is weak.

No, what's weak is having the head official right on top of a play and get it wrong.

Both are weak.

That official was 5 yards away from where Griese fumbled the ball, and he missed the call. We get the ball on the 10 yard line right there, it is a different game.

Right. GB misses one more field goal than they would have otherwise.
:)

OP
OP
B

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Our kicker lost the game. An extra poin t and 42 yarder missed, that is ridiculous.

And as much as I supported Martin Gramatica while he was a Buc, I'm sure glad that I'm not the one grousing about missed opportunities in the kicking game. I've had quite enough of that over the past two years.

Missed kicks hurt bigtime. I feel your pain, even though my team won.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucfan219 said:
Television replays aren't the most reliable thing to go by,

IMHO, you just lost any credibility that you MAY have had yesterday.
So genius, what IS the most reliable thing to go on?

Your attempt at ruffling feathers on this forum stops right here.
You can defend your team all day long--all I know is the Packers lost by 1 point and got jobbed out of at least 10 points because of stupid penalties.
You do the math.

OP
OP
B

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Bucfan219 said:
Television replays aren't the most reliable thing to go by,

IMHO, you just lost any credibility that you MAY have had yesterday.
So genius, what IS the most reliable thing to go on?

Eyewitness from a good angle, of course.

Your attempt at ruffling feathers on this forum stops right here.

It does?
I've been saying nice things about the Packers (okay, so I did say that I didn't think that Sherman was a top 10 coach, but that's the exception).

Does that get you riled up?
Or is it that you don't like it when I make good observations that contradict the biased story you wish to spin for yourself about Sunday's game?

You can defend your team all day long--all I know is the Packers lost by 1 point and got jobbed out of at least 10 points because of stupid penalties.
You do the math.

You're not being objective.
You can be a great fan while not being objective, but it's still going to affect your analysis.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys are UNBELIEVABLE!!!! You have had soooooooo many callls at Lambutt field and Favre does everything but ask out the refs. Now that you don't get some calls and you lose a game you now find it appalling to see such behavior by the refs. No one was saying a word about the phantom interference call that let you keep a drive alive against the Vikes. That call was on fourth down with less than 3:00 to play. We should have won that game!! What hypocrites, I thought you guys were better fans than that. I have been on this site and given some examples of bad calls on the Vikes that led to Packers wins in Lambutt but no one cares about that because they were in your favor. Bad calls happen all the time and every team experiences them. I think this board has overblown this issue because that was a very important game for the fudgepackers. Their record is now 0-3 and you guys are in jeopardy of being out of the playoffs before the half way point of the season. I am disappointed in some of the people and their attitudes, you guys are usually pretty accurate with your assessments but I see alot of anger and irrational posts on this game!!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
I remember the Packers being given a game against the Vikings last year on a horse s**t call. To start blaming the refs for the Packers problems is weak. The Packers are 0-3 because they are not a good football team.
If you really want to see the refs go against the Packers then let them start mouthing off about the officiating.
:rules:
I'm amazed at Packer fans blaming the refs for this loss. All last year, o n the NC forum, all I ever heard about was the "crybaby Queenie fans crying about how the officials cost them games" and "losers blame the refs." Come on Pack fans, I thought you were better than that! We had two TDs called back, one a definite bogus call, against Tampa, and I haven't seen anywhere near the crying on our forum as much as here. You should know by now I respect you guys and am not a ******. Refs are a part of the game and blow calls for every team. Obviously it hasn't happened much to you guys recently.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton10 said:

WTF?

You Vikes fans REALLY have nothing better to do? Get a life.

Take it into the smack area. This WAS one of the better forums out there until it got invaded by morons. In the last 2 weeks it has gone way downhill. I'm pretty much done with it.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow That is pretty sensitive since almost everyone here calls our team the queenies!!! Moron, I was just showing the inconsistency of these posts. As soon as a game is lost by your team, now you are concerned about the officiating. That seems awful convenient!!

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it this way orelse. The vikes come on here to rile us up, and if we ignore them, they will go away. On a positive note, we probably--no we do--have a better forum than they do; so that is why they come here. Hey, the season has just started. Who knows where our beloved Pack may go. We might even win NFC north again. I am not giving up on our guys. They're a great bunch of people, and contrary to what the queen fans are saying, the refs did help us to lose the game. Yep, Brett threw interceptions, Ryan missed a couple of points, but when you have to play against 4 extra people instead of the usual 11, you must get frustrated. Have a wonderful week all, and look at the glass as half full. Oh, by the way, I will support the pack even if they should not win one game this year--unlike my viking fan friend who was ready to switch to another team last year until the vikings beat the pack in the play offs. Then according to her, they were a great team.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Look at it this way orelse. The vikes come on here to rile us up, and if we ignore them, they will go away. On a positive note, we probably--no we do--have a better forum than they do; so that is why they come here. Hey, the season has just started. Who knows where our beloved Pack may go. We might even win NFC north again. I am not giving up on our guys. They're a great bunch of people, and contrary to what the queen fans are saying, the refs did help us to lose the game. Yep, Brett threw interceptions, Ryan missed a couple of points, but when you have to play against 4 extra people instead of the usual 11, you must get frustrated. Have a wonderful week all, and look at the glass as half full. Oh, by the way, I will support the pack even if they should not win one game this year--unlike my viking fan friend who was ready to switch to another team last year until the vikings beat the pack in the play offs. Then according to her, they were a great team.
I've never come on here to rile you guys up and have NEVER been disrespectful to the Packers or their fans. Just disappointed to see alot of you guys blaming officials for your loss, especially after calling fans of other teams "losers' when they blame refs for calls that cost them games. Honestly, I thought you guys were better than that. Reminds me of last year when you were1-3 and booing your team after the Titans game. Anyway, good luck next week and have a nice day.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our kicker lost us nothing...

Holder issues...and in one case, snapper issues.

As for anything else...

I should have just expected 0-3 to bring out the trolls...

Guess we deserve it after so many consecutive winnings seasons....People have been waiting a long time.

When we win our first one...I'm going to make sure to go the losing team's forum, and hang around with them...Classy. :wink:

I'm sure they'll love having my by :lol:

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not including VikesFan! He's just awesome! lol. Let's see who can finish eight-and-eight and win this thing! God terrible. I loved watching Fatty do his little dance with such gusto against the Saints...I guess that's what it's come down to in this div...Frustration release.

Lions...The worst.
Bears...They got a D...But ummmm, no.
Pack...If Brett could stop throwing away games...We could officially stumble around.
Vikes...Still the same old D... Packers fans were the only ones that saw that one coming...Silly hype. And now the O can only beat up on the 'aints.

This is the National League West!

OP
OP
B

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
Our kicker lost us nothing...

Holder issues...and in one case, snapper issues.

As for anything else...

I should have just expected 0-3 to bring out the trolls...

As defined elswhere by Obi1, no doubt.
Packerfan can dis other teams and it's not trolling.
Disrespect the Packers or Packerfan, however, and you're a troll.

How convenient.
How pathetic.

Guess we deserve it after so many consecutive winnings seasons....People have been waiting a long time.

If you think you're being trolled on this board then you have no idea. This board might be the tamest I've ever seen (though the Bills' message board might be similar, though I just browsed a few posts over there).
You don't have enough traffic here to interest any serious trolls, IMO.
The Carolina board was like this one in that many members called visitors "troll" simply because they didn't like the opinions expressed.
They shut it down because it was too contentious, as I understand it.

When we win our first one...I'm going to make sure to go the losing team's forum, and hang around with them...Classy. :wink:

As if it's automatically classless to "hang around" on another team's board after they've suffered a loss to the visitor's team?
Is that regardless of the content offered?
If content is important, then what have I written that you find trollish or disrespectful?

I'm sure they'll love having my by :lol:

If the Panthers have a bulletin board then there's a good chance that they'll call you a troll (pretty much regardless of what you post).

Not all Pantherfans were that way, I should mention. Just a substantial percentage of those who post the most.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are some good and knowledgeable football fans here but the Packers bad start seems to be getting to some of you. I see a lot of pissing and moaning while throwing out insults at some of the other posters including your own Packer brothers. Lashing out at everyone who has an opinion just because the Packers are on their way to becoming a bad team will not make them win a single game and is starting to make this site boring.
I have a wife and a 16 year old daughter if I want to hear *** fueled ranting. :stop:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
There are some good and knowledgeable football fans here but the Packers bad start seems to be getting to some of you. I see a lot of pissing and moaning while throwing out insults at some of the other posters including your own Packer brothers. Lashing out at everyone who has an opinion just because the Packers are on their way to becoming a bad team will not make them win a single game and is starting to make this site boring.
I have a wife and a 16 year old daughter if I want to hear *** fueled ranting. :stop:

Boring?!? I'd assume irrational ranting would be commical for the unaffected casual observer.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bottom line:

- The refs screwed up. BIGTIME. It was unacceptable. Packers game, vikings game, it doesnt matter. They reviewed an unreviewable play, and then screwed things up from there. Wow. Any team has a good reason to be upset in this case.

-Longwell missed a field goal, and an XP.

- The previous to listings mean nothing at all. That fumble should not have made a difference, we had that game. Ryans XP and missed FG should not have made a difference, we had that game. Sherman (and ferguson) put us in a position to lose. It was like Green Bay vs. Mike Sherman, Robert Ferguson, The Officiating Crew, and the Tampa Bay Bucs.

-We lost, end of story, lets just hope Sherman gets hit by a bus, and then it decides to check on sherman, so it backs up to look for him, but it runs him over again.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Philtration said:

Boring?!? I'd assume irrational ranting would be commical for the unaffected casual observer.
LOL! Actually, are we not ALL just unaffected casual observers? :D

OP
OP
B

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
bottom line:

- The refs screwed up. BIGTIME. It was unacceptable. Packers game, vikings game, it doesnt matter. They reviewed an unreviewable play, and then screwed things up from there. Wow. Any team has a good reason to be upset in this case.

That's all true.

- The previous to listings mean nothing at all. That fumble should not have made a difference, we had that game. Ryans XP and missed FG should not have made a difference, we had that game. Sherman (and ferguson) put us in a position to lose. It was like Green Bay vs. Mike Sherman, Robert Ferguson, The Officiating Crew, and the Tampa Bay Bucs.

GB never "had that game".
The key interception of Griese (key because it stopped a drive at the GB end of the field) was set up by defensive pass interference that was not called. Another penalty putting TB at the GB end (pass to Galloway on which pass interference took place) was waved off--without explanation AFAICT.

It is ridiculous to simply take away the officials' mistakes that cost GB and conclude that the Packers "had that game." Bad calls cost the Bucs also in critical situations.
And after all of that we're supposed to believe that the GB defense would have stopped the Bucs late in the game on that five minute drive without allowing the Bucs to score.

Reality check: Nobody knows how the game would have turned out with good officiating.

-We lost, end of story ...

There ya go.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is here trolling. I usually have a good debate on this site and some good fun. But to blame the refs after all the calls you guys get at home is ridiculous. "The refs are part of the game" has been the mantra of the GB fans for years. As soon as it affects you guys all of sudden there is an uproar. You guys need to move on and accept the loss, it is just one game and everyone in the North division is still in the hunt.

And Bucfan 219 has been a good visitor who has been hammered because you guys lost and don't like to hear that the game wasn't stolen from your team, they lost it!!

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz - Finally a voice in the wilderness, I think wisconsin must have marshall law the way this post sounds. People must be going off cliffs like lemmings up there. It is one game and if you guys win this weekend you will have the exact same record as last year. You guys ended up winning our division last year in case you don't remember. So Tromadz, props to the calm, sane voice of this post!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
musccy said:
Philtration said:

LOL! Actually, are we not ALL just unaffected casual observers? :D

Phil, you made some sense about people and their opinions. True it will not make the Pack win a single game. Are there any Bears forums with ranters and ravers on it? Will that help da bears?

Members online

Latest posts