Talk of releasing Jones. Sad but true -- adios amigo

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading Silverstein alluding to Jones testing the market and then coming back to the Packers to see if they can match or top the offer. If so, this might not be over yet. Keep your fingers crossed!

Given a lack of Jones putting out anything 'Thank you' related to Packer fans ala Bakh, I would say it is a possibility that the door has not been shut.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummer. Probably my favorite Packer all time. Maybe he didn't want to take a two year deal. Which at his age is what we should have been offering. imho

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reading where the Packers are asking Jones to restructure his contract and take another pay cut. If they can't come to an agreement, they'll release him. Unbelievable. Just cut the crap and get it done.
This may not be good.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smh great move signing Jacobs idk about the numbers but horrible move cutting Jones to save 5 m. Jacobs/Jones combo would of been something special

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smh great move signing Jacobs idk about the numbers but horrible move cutting Jones to save 5 m. Jacobs/Jones combo would of been something special
Post-6/1 release saves the Packers $11.9mil on the cap in '24. They'll carry dead $ into '25, however (haven't found amount, yet).

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Jones to the Vikings. One year, 7 million.
Ouch. That will thicken the plot some and keep it in the forefront all season long. Here's hoping the Vikings offensive line blows chunks and the Packers have a consistently good run defense. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Wyatt and Slaton.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wish Aaron Jones well, just not on the field.

$7M sounds a tad low for him, have to wonder what the Packers offered him?

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm withholding a lot of comments on the Jones situation to let the emotion bleed out of it. But at least from a PR standpoint this is shaping up to be a disaster, especially with the news at the Packers wanted at least a 50% pay cut from the guy a year after he gave him back 5 million.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones to the Vikings. One year, 7 million.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously what is with that franchise? They sign all the guys the Packers cut!! I used to like Jones, but once that ugly purple **** is on..NO MORE!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Post-6/1 release saves the Packers $11.9mil on the cap in '24. They'll carry dead $ into '25, however (haven't found amount, yet).

Ok I didnt see that they designated him June 1st...but still think its a sht move. A disservice to the team. That clip of Jones lifting Wicks chin up after Wicks fumbled against New Orleans was the epitome of the kind if player you need to win a SB

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds like the Packers wanted Jones to take a 50% paycut. Seems a bit steep to me. Can't blame Jones for rejecting it.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously what is with that franchise? They sign all the guys the Packers cut!! I used to like Jones, but once that ugly purple **** is on..NO MORE!
How many Super Bowls have they won? Would seem to vindicate that the Packers cut those guys.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My days of being angry over player moves are over. Is what it is. I'm not wrapped up on the '50% pay cut' either because who knows what was thrown around. Maybe that was the initial ask.. who knows.

I will say that GM's don't get paid to be emotional creatures. Unless Aaron Jones was like 'I'm taking whatever offer the Vikings give no matter what', If that was the best he got than I would think that the league more aligns with Gute on Aaron Jones worth on a salary basis which is probably hindered by age and availability concerns.

Good luck to him.

Vikings still need a QB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go eat crow in the FA thread for saying that Jones was not the right for the Vikings. I still believe that especially since they let go of Cook the other year and now Mattison this year. Aaron Jones is now their workhorse next to Sam Darnold. I'm still laughing at this mix though. It doesn't scare me.

Reaction score
My days of being angry over player moves are over. Is what it is. I'm not wrapped up on the '50% pay cut' either because who knows what was thrown around. Maybe that was the initial ask.. who knows.

I will say that GM's don't get paid to be emotional creatures. Unless Aaron Jones was like 'I'm taking whatever offer the Vikings give no matter what', If that was the best he got than I would think that the league more aligns with Gute on Aaron Jones worth on a salary basis which is probably hindered by age and availability concerns.

Good luck to him.

Vikings still need a QB.
Adding Jones (as good as he is) and losing Cousins is still a significant net loss.
The Vikings just signed Sam Darnold to a 1yr deal. THREE Aaron Jones’ wouldn’t make up for that QB deficit :laugh:

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He misses 3-6 games/yr to injury...so maybe GB won't see him twice?
Or another way of putting it is he misses 3-17 games a year and you would still be correct. On average though he has missed 2.6 games per year. Another way would be is he misses 0-6 games a year since the most he has missed is 6 and the least he has missed is 0. He has played in 97 of 115 games. I am not sure if the missed games his rookie year were all due to injury either.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Adding Jones (as good as he is) and losing Cousins is still a significant net loss. It’ll be interesting to see what The Vikings do at QB.
Guessing that the Vikings will use the 11th pick in the draft to either move up or wait for 1 of 4-5 QB's to fall to them. Beyond the 11th and 42nd pick, they don't have a lot of 2024 draft ammo. I hope they trade away their first 3 picks and next years 1st to the Cardinals to move up to #5 and draft a flop QB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts