T.J. Lang....Year 1

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion so far on TJ's first year as a starter?? I grade him at a very solid B. Other than the false starts, I thought he has done well. He is a serious upgrade over Colledge in the running game and has done a decent job in pass protection.

Overall, I very satisfied that we let Colledge go and gave Lang a chance. Anyone else have an opinion??

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with his play. Night and day improvement over Colledge. I read a story about him a while ago that said he pretty much partied and loafed it his first few years. That would certainly account for his slump last season after performing decently as a rookie. Now he has a kid and has really "manned up". Become a pro. I couldn't be happier about Lang at this point.

Lang is a much stronger run blocker and makes far fewer "D'oh!" mistakes than Colledge.

OP
OP
bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with his play. Night and day improvement over Colledge. I read a story about him a while ago that said he pretty much partied and loafed it his first few years. That would certainly account for his slump last season after performing decently as a rookie. Now he has a kid and has really "manned up". Become a pro. I couldn't be happier about Lang at this point.

Lang is a much stronger run blocker and makes far fewer "D'oh!" mistakes than Colledge.

Yeah I remember that story as well. Glad to see he got his priorities straight. I think we all owe his newborn daughter a big thank you! Seems like she helped turn the light on haha

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree Lang is an upgrade from Colledge. Much better run blocker, about the same as a pass blocker (which is pretty damn good) and a much better backup OT. He’s a great example of how Thompson’s way is supposed to work: Re-sign core players and replace non-core veterans with younger and cheaper players who have a chance to become core players. Check, check and check.

Members online

Latest posts