1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

T.J. Lang....Year 1

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by bubblercheez37, Jan 12, 2012.

1. bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Does anyone have an opinion so far on TJ's first year as a starter?? I grade him at a very solid B. Other than the false starts, I thought he has done well. He is a serious upgrade over Colledge in the running game and has done a decent job in pass protection.

Overall, I very satisfied that we let Colledge go and gave Lang a chance. Anyone else have an opinion??

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I'm very pleased with his play. Night and day improvement over Colledge. I read a story about him a while ago that said he pretty much partied and loafed it his first few years. That would certainly account for his slump last season after performing decently as a rookie. Now he has a kid and has really "manned up". Become a pro. I couldn't be happier about Lang at this point.

Lang is a much stronger run blocker and makes far fewer "D'oh!" mistakes than Colledge.

3. bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

Yeah I remember that story as well. Glad to see he got his priorities straight. I think we all owe his newborn daughter a big thank you! Seems like she helped turn the light on haha

4. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    I agree Lang is an upgrade from Colledge. Much better run blocker, about the same as a pass blocker (which is pretty damn good) and a much better backup OT. He’s a great example of how Thompson’s way is supposed to work: Re-sign core players and replace non-core veterans with younger and cheaper players who have a chance to become core players. Check, check and check.

5. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I think he has done a very good job hated Colledge always stepping on some one