Super Bowl predictions: Packer Plus panel

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot stand either team.
I would like the Cheats to win but I think the Midgets will.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the giants win I can see Eli rubbing it in Paytons face nanernanernaner I have 2 you have 1 who is the best now .Payton plants a horseshoe right on his butt afterwards then they go and eat oreo cookies.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I never go by Madden to do my predictions. Look how awful they have been predicting games this year

Wild card round

Saints over Lions :tup: (Bad call though, they picked the Saints to barely beat them in a high scoring blow out. I think I was the only one that correctly predicted NO to whip up 45+ plus on them and make it embarassing)

Bengals over Texans :( (They picked the Bengals, barely...of course that didn't happen)
Giants over Falcons :tup: (My problem with this is how OVERRATED the Falcons are! The Giants barely beat them on the last possession. Yeah right, as I predicted the Lions to fall, I also was the only one that correctly predicted the Falcons to do nothing in this game)
Steelers over Broncos :rolleyes: OK that get a pass on this one, no one had this one right at all

Divisonal round
Saints over 49ers :( (This would have been accurate if the Saints had a defense in the final 2 minutes)
Packers over Giants :( (Packers win in a 40 point score fest, barely edging the G-Men.)
Ravens over Texans :tup: (Of course Baltimore has to blow out the Texans, but even Houston proved they were overrated)
Patriots over Broncos :tup: (This one was correct, the only one score wise!)

Conference Championships
Giants over 49ers ;) (Giants barely edge the 49ers, good call)
Patriots over Ravens ;) (The Patriots blow out the Ravens, close but not really)

And for the Super Bowl they pick the Giants to barely win it, so hold your breathe. That don't mean ****. Last year the video game chose the Steelers to beat the Packers, starting with a 10-0 lead, and winning off a Rodgers interception to clinch it. Year before that, Reggie Bush wins SB MVP with a punt return for a TD and the Saints barely edge the Colts. Saints did win, but Bush had nothing to do with it, and I don't think anyone was expecting them to win by 14.

I just think it's funny that in 2007, they picked the Pats by 14, but now they are picking the Giants lol. Don't hold your breathe on that. You know a fan made ROM of Tecmo Super Bowl correctly predicted the Saints to beat the Colts from an interception off the arm of Peyton Manning. Saints won 35 to 23.. Another fan made SNES rom of Tecmo correctly predicted the Steelers to throw 2 INT"s and fumble the ball twice, causing the Packers to go up 14-0, and eventually win the game (28-20). I will go by a Tecmo rom any day of the week, as long as it's made by certain people.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I never go by Madden to do my predictions. Look how awful they have been predicting games this year

Wild card round

Saints over Lions :tup: (Bad call though, they picked the Saints to barely beat them in a high scoring blow out. I think I was the only one that correctly predicted NO to whip up 45+ plus on them and make it embarassing)

Bengals over Texans :( (They picked the Bengals, barely...of course that didn't happen)
Giants over Falcons :tup: (My problem with this is how OVERRATED the Falcons are! The Giants barely beat them on the last possession. Yeah right, as I predicted the Lions to fall, I also was the only one that correctly predicted the Falcons to do nothing in this game)
Steelers over Broncos :rolleyes: OK that get a pass on this one, no one had this one right at all

Divisonal round
Saints over 49ers :( (This would have been accurate if the Saints had a defense in the final 2 minutes)
Packers over Giants :( (Packers win in a 40 point score fest, barely edging the G-Men.)
Ravens over Texans :tup: (Of course Baltimore has to blow out the Texans, but even Houston proved they were overrated)
Patriots over Broncos :tup: (This one was correct, the only one score wise!)

Conference Championships
Giants over 49ers ;) (Giants barely edge the 49ers, good call)
Patriots over Ravens ;) (The Patriots blow out the Ravens, close but not really)

And for the Super Bowl they pick the Giants to barely win it, so hold your breathe. That don't mean ****. Last year the video game chose the Steelers to beat the Packers, starting with a 10-0 lead, and winning off a Rodgers interception to clinch it. Year before that, Reggie Bush wins SB MVP with a punt return for a TD and the Saints barely edge the Colts. Saints did win, but Bush had nothing to do with it, and I don't think anyone was expecting them to win by 14.

I just think it's funny that in 2007, they picked the Pats by 14, but now they are picking the Giants lol. Don't hold your breathe on that. You know a fan made ROM of Tecmo Super Bowl correctly predicted the Saints to beat the Colts from an interception off the arm of Peyton Manning. Saints won 35 to 23.. Another fan made SNES rom of Tecmo correctly predicted the Steelers to throw 2 INT"s and fumble the ball twice, causing the Packers to go up 14-0, and eventually win the game (28-20). I will go by a Tecmo rom any day of the week, as long as it's made by certain people.

Rain on my parade why don't ya? ;) I kinda like the scenario Madden has.

BTW is this still the Pats vs. Giants or is this the Peyton Manning Bowl this weekend? This is getting RIDICULOUS.

I almost feel bad for Eli and Tom now. Give them the attention. Eli has been asked more questions about Peyton then the Giants. Even Brady has had to talk about Peyton.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Rain on my parade why don't ya? ;) I kinda like the scenario Madden has.

BTW is this still the Pats vs. Giants or is this the Peyton Manning Bowl this weekend? This is getting RIDICULOUS.

I almost feel bad for Eli and Tom now. Give them the attention. Eli has been asked more questions about Peyton then the Giants. Even Brady has had to talk about Peyton.

Well, when the Pats beat the Broncos the media was in a frenzy to go talk to quarterback jesus and waited till they were done to talk to Brady after his 6 TD performance. I'm really not surprised the media was all over Eli about his brother.

Someone told me yesterday that the game is going to come down to who ever has the ball last, and this was coming from an old fella that remembers the days of the Oilers. According to my friend, he really don't believe in either defense, sure the Giants looked great against GB, but the Patriots haven't looked bad either if you consider that. Just hours after he told me that, I believe it's true. The team that does have the ball in the last 2 minutes will be the winner, just like the first Super Bowl between these two teams I hate worse than the cities that spawn them.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well, when the Pats beat the Broncos the media was in a frenzy to go talk to quarterback jesus and waited till they were done to talk to Brady after his 6 TD performance. I'm really not surprised the media was all over Eli about his brother.

Someone told me yesterday that the game is going to come down to who ever has the ball last, and this was coming from an old fella that remembers the days of the Oilers. According to my friend, he really don't believe in either defense, sure the Giants looked great against GB, but the Patriots haven't looked bad either if you consider that. Just hours after he told me that, I believe it's true. The team that does have the ball in the last 2 minutes will be the winner, just like the first Super Bowl between these two teams I hate worse than the cities that spawn them.

I can see this happening. Considering the Pats SBs under Brady have been won or lost by 3 points each it's not hard to fathom. Thats why I am sorta leaning towards the Giants in a close one right now. I don't think this is a SB to put a lot of money on though. I can't make up my mind if I think it may be higher scoring or lower. When they last played in the SB I took the Giants/under. I got lucky I admit. I have not decided yet if I will put a SB bet on this game yet. I can see both teams winning.

As for the Giants D, someone said this on another forum in regards to them not being as good as you think. Take it for what it's worth:
Actually they are, the regular season stats dont support it only because they were hurt most of the season. Once they got healthy, they shut down opposing teams offenses.
Jets 331 yards 14 points
Cowboys 300 yards 14 points
Falcons 247 yards 2 points
Packers 388 yards 20 points
49ers 328 yards 17 points

If they were healthy all season long, they would have been the 8th best defense and the best scoring defense.

I'm not saying they will win the game, but they will hold the Pats offense in check just like the Ravens did.

When the Giants went to Foxboro this year they were pretty beat up. Nicks out, Bradshaw out, JPP was a game time decision. I think Osi/Tuck were nursing injuries. They were still at times IMO trying to figure out the secondary.

Not saying the Pats can't win. But, I am going to stick with the Giants for this one. Eli might also be that "thorn" for the Pats if the Giants do indeed win. ;)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Patriots won 3 Super Bowls by a field goal, yet they are "one of the greatest dynasties ever" which not to mention, the Eagles basically gave that game to them when McNabb started throwing picks and when they had time to come back, Andy Ried already decided the game was over with his horrible clock management.

Looking at all 3 of the Pats Super Bowls, you can't help but pull cards off the slots and say they could have easily lost had something been changed.

Eagles - Take away one of those turnovers and the very bad clock management in the 4th quarter, they would have won. Other than the turnovers, I felt like Philly gave up in that game once the score was a 10 point game cause there seemed to be no sense of urgency to save the clock.

Panthers - Lots of things went wrong for these guys, which is a shame for Jake Delhomme cause he has never been the same guy since losing this Super Bowl. This game would have probably went into OT had they not kicked the ball out of bounds and gave it to the Pats at the 50.

Rams - While I believe the refs did go easy on the Pats considering how very bad they roughed up Warner and held Faulk the entire game, I won't say they didn't make mistakes. They showed up in the second half, but had they showed a little bit earlier they would have won.

That Rams team had some issues though.While they had the greatest offense on turf, they had some defensive issues that had been plaguing them going back to the 1999 season. Just watch the games they played against Tampa Bay in 1999 and 2000 and those teams were the complete opposite. One was all offense and average defense, while the other was a spectacular, top elite defense and had a lack of offense. Needless to say they had problems on the other side of the ball.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Dude, Jake Delhomme was money at times in that SB. Some of those throws.....damn. I have relatives in NC. I felt awful that the Panthers lost. I honestly did not have them winning it going in but when it was going the way it did I felt badly when it was over.

Jake.:(

Let's go Giants. Let's do it again Eli. :)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't want to see the Brady Bunch and Belly Chick get another ring, but it's getting harder and harder to root for the Giants. They are really shooting their mouths off and it would serve them right to get shot down.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope the Giants don't win it.....I don't think i can make it through the next 7 months of gloating G-men fans

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a Sad day for me. I can't watch any of the pregame stuff. Right now I have the military channel on. I can't get over three weeks ago.

Don't care who wins. The Packers were supposed to be playing today.:sick::(

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was bored Friday at work so I went a little bit over board.

Giants 0 14 7 10 31
Patriots 10 3 14 0 27

Brady 22/35 63% 288 yards 2 tds 0 ints
Manning (MVP) 32/51 63% 325 yards 2 tds 1 int

Patriots total yards 350
Giants total yards 404

Turnover battle 1 fumble for Patriots/1 int for Giants

Gronk 3 rec, 25 yards, 0 td
Cruz 6 rec, 75 yards, 1 td

I have a bunch more but I will leave it at that haha.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a Sad day for me. I can't watch any of the pregame stuff. Right now I have the military channel on. I can't get over three weeks ago.

Don't care who wins. The Packers were supposed to be playing today.:sick::(
That is exactly how I feel.
I am still ill over the egg we laid in the Giants game. And the Giants should not have even made it into the playoffs.
However, the way we misplayed, we would have lost to a lot of teams that day.

I still am quite confident the PATRIOTS WILL WIN today but I hope I am wrong because I hate the Patriots, and can't stand Belichick, and don't want anymore laurels to go to Brady who is lucky to already have 3 rings. He's lucky he didn't have Scott Norwood. And he's lucky he was bailed out with the BOGUS Tuck Rule.

Patriots 31
Giants 24