1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Studs and Duds: Green Bay vs. Dallas

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by lambeaulambo, Nov 7, 2010.

1. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    Studs: Tramon Williams - continues to have great coverage skills
    Clay Matthews - DPOY? this guy made those aging cowboy lineman look like statues
    Desmond Bishop - wow - someone explain to me why we shouldnt consider him the starter over barnett
    Charlie Peprah - he is starting to really play well, may want to give Bigby a few more weeks to fully heal
    Aaron Rodgers - nice game, really had pinpoint accuracy on quite a few throws.
    BJack - he is elusive when he gets outside, and had some rcving yards as well
    Chad Clifton - playing very well has been hampered by injuries but when healthy he shows what we have in him. wow.
    Josh Sitton - really had a great game and was getting to the 2nd level on some plays
    James Jones - best game of his career. still has fumbleitis
    BJ Raji - almost looks like he is starting to step up wondering if injury is better. he is getting good push up the middle
    Sam Sheilds - nice pick on a jump ball, and a nifty return on ST
    John Kuhn - behind Johnson on goalline I like that formation - pretty tough to stop all that beef

Duds: Mason Crosby - this guy is going to cost us down the road. dont get him - cant kick it in the endzone on kickoffs, strong leg yet continues to struggle. honestly Kasay from Carolina would look great in green and gold. starting to not like crosby at all.

All in all, this one was a laugher. nice win and a bye week to boot. then off to the stink dome, where I fully expect the vikings will pull out all stops to slow the pack down. If Dom preps this D correctly no worries but it is hard to hear when they pipe in FAKE crowd noise. I hope Pickett is okay, as we need him.

2. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'm starting to lose faith in Crosby as well. He just seems to be so consistently inconsistent! Kicking the ball out of bounds on kick offs? How could that happen to a guy that can supposedly kick a field goal of 60+ yards?

3. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    Ive said it for years. Crosby has lived in GB and collected a paycheck for leg strength. No Accuracy to speak of. Very little nerve when the kick counts for ANYTHING. I was SHOCKED last week when he sent the game to 9-0, as it was the closest I can remember to him icing a game for us.

He will always be the kicker who missed the game winner, or the OT winner, or the kicker who shanked the one to SEND us to OT, or the one who got blocked on a game we lost by 2 or 3 pts early on.

He will always be the kicker who can nail a meaningless 50 yder, but miss a crucial 20 yrder.

I will not mourn his loss when he is gone like I did Longwell.

Alas, he will be just like JBUSH, always here...

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Studs: Everyone. Even Jarrett ******* Bush was making plays. And yes, that's his full legal name.

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Hmn, he was blocked. The protection has been terrible on kicks, specially through the middle. Remember Peppers?

It's more the "OL" fault than Crosby I believe.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    If everybody just had an average game, Bush would be the player of the game. WOW.

7. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    The answer to the kicker is not to let Ryan Longwell leave all those years ago.

That was Sherman that let him go, right?

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    www.PackersInsider.com

9. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    Why not put the entire team down for studs. It was a group effort. Sure a couple people shined more simply because they made the bigger plays.

10. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    more importantly Charles Woodson has presented us with a great nickname for Clay Matthews, "The Claymaker", michael irvin's nickname "Bloodline" wasnt bad either.

11. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Claymaker has been around for a while, i presumed we were running with the predator ala his sack dance

12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Woodson called him Claymaker in the post game interview on NBC. And if Woodson says it, it must be right.

13. Fazeman

Fazeman Setting The Pace

Ratings:
    +20
    When Woodson said that, I grinned. Great nickname.

14. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    It's really hard to find any duds lol! I watched the game twice and everyone played awesome. What great preparation and execution!

But I can agree with Crosby. I think he's had about 4 or so kickoffs go out of bounds. That's unreal.

15. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    How can you not like Crosby on field goals? I guess are success with kickers has spoiled some I dont know what else to think. Crosby has been a very good field goal kicker. I never feel like hes going to miss. Alot of his blocks have not been his fault its been poor blocking..

16. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I always think Crosby's going to miss.

Especially when it's an important field goal.

17. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    He has to be kicking around 75% with a couple blocks that was clearly bad blocking and he probably has more 50yd+ attempts then any other kicker lol It seems all the packers drives stall out around that part of the field. I feel hes 50/50 on those. His % would be in the 80s easy if MM didnt have him kicking all those 50+yders. Alot of kickers cant even kick a 50yder anywhere near 50%. The best kickers in the nfl kick in the 80s overall. Crosby is close to that with a couple blocks and alot of 50yd trys.

18. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I believe that Mason Crosby was unlucky on that blocked FG

*checks sig* :D

19. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    I been holding your boy down.... or up lol

20. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Wooo Thanks Gator hahaha :D

21. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    :happy0005:

22. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Oh great, now there's two of you. :eek:hmy:

23. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Isnt it a great thing? :)

24. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    DAWT on the Crosby DUD. He is the only person Ive seen kick it out of bounds on a Kickoff this year, and hes done it FOUR times ugh.

25. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i'm happy with the team as a whole,crosby may have missed that 56 yarder,but he made the rest it was a great game after that t.d before the half they didn't let the boys back in the game and that was a feat in it self.