Studs and Duds: Green Bay vs. Dallas

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Tramon Williams - continues to have great coverage skills
Clay Matthews - DPOY? this guy made those aging cowboy lineman look like statues
Desmond Bishop - wow - someone explain to me why we shouldnt consider him the starter over barnett
Charlie Peprah - he is starting to really play well, may want to give Bigby a few more weeks to fully heal
Aaron Rodgers - nice game, really had pinpoint accuracy on quite a few throws.
BJack - he is elusive when he gets outside, and had some rcving yards as well
Chad Clifton - playing very well has been hampered by injuries but when healthy he shows what we have in him. wow.
Josh Sitton - really had a great game and was getting to the 2nd level on some plays
James Jones - best game of his career. still has fumbleitis
BJ Raji - almost looks like he is starting to step up wondering if injury is better. he is getting good push up the middle
Sam Sheilds - nice pick on a jump ball, and a nifty return on ST
John Kuhn - behind Johnson on goalline I like that formation - pretty tough to stop all that beef

Duds: Mason Crosby - this guy is going to cost us down the road. dont get him - cant kick it in the endzone on kickoffs, strong leg yet continues to struggle. honestly Kasay from Carolina would look great in green and gold. starting to not like crosby at all.

All in all, this one was a laugher. nice win and a bye week to boot. then off to the stink dome, where I fully expect the vikings will pull out all stops to slow the pack down. If Dom preps this D correctly no worries but it is hard to hear when they pipe in FAKE crowd noise. I hope Pickett is okay, as we need him.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'm starting to lose faith in Crosby as well. He just seems to be so consistently inconsistent! Kicking the ball out of bounds on kick offs? How could that happen to a guy that can supposedly kick a field goal of 60+ yards?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive said it for years. Crosby has lived in GB and collected a paycheck for leg strength. No Accuracy to speak of. Very little nerve when the kick counts for ANYTHING. I was SHOCKED last week when he sent the game to 9-0, as it was the closest I can remember to him icing a game for us.

He will always be the kicker who missed the game winner, or the OT winner, or the kicker who shanked the one to SEND us to OT, or the one who got blocked on a game we lost by 2 or 3 pts early on.

He will always be the kicker who can nail a meaningless 50 yder, but miss a crucial 20 yrder.

I will not mourn his loss when he is gone like I did Longwell.

Alas, he will be just like JBUSH, always here...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmn, he was blocked. The protection has been terrible on kicks, specially through the middle. Remember Peppers?

It's more the "OL" fault than Crosby I believe.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The answer to the kicker is not to let Ryan Longwell leave all those years ago.

That was Sherman that let him go, right?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
www.PackersInsider.com

Who would have thought that the Packers would win all 3 games in this stretch vs Minnesota, at the Jets, and vs Dallas when they looked at that schedule at the beginning of the season, even with the big expectations?

Packers 45, Cowboys 7

The Packers defense was on fire. My only concern is the health of big Ryan Pickett, who is my favorite player and is a battler, a class act. I hope he can rest up over the next 13 days and get well for that next game in the Metrodome or whatever it's called these days.

Did Clay Matthews wrap up the DPOY tonight? He did if voting were this week.

It's nice to see the real Aaron Rodgers back. Granted, that was as bad of a secondary as you will find in the National Football League.

Kudos to the Packers offensive line for keeping Rodgers pretty clean. He did take one sack which cost the Packers the opening field goal, but that was Rodgers fault for holding the ball and not seeing the free blitzer coming off the right side.

Sam Shields and James Jones also get game balls from me. Shields with the athletic pick while covering Pro Bowler Miles Austin one-on-one early in the game set the tone.

Jones had a great game playing more as Donald Driver was out, racked up 123 yards and a touchdown. He did add to his drop total though with a dropped touchdown in the 4th quarter on 3rd & goal. It cost the Packers their 7th touchdown, and led to Mason Crosby's field goal to make it 45-7.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
more importantly Charles Woodson has presented us with a great nickname for Clay Matthews, "The Claymaker", michael irvin's nickname "Bloodline" wasnt bad either.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Claymaker has been around for a while, i presumed we were running with the predator ala his sack dance

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's really hard to find any duds lol! I watched the game twice and everyone played awesome. What great preparation and execution!

But I can agree with Crosby. I think he's had about 4 or so kickoffs go out of bounds. That's unreal.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you not like Crosby on field goals? I guess are success with kickers has spoiled some I dont know what else to think. Crosby has been a very good field goal kicker. I never feel like hes going to miss. Alot of his blocks have not been his fault its been poor blocking..

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always think Crosby's going to miss.

Especially when it's an important field goal.
He has to be kicking around 75% with a couple blocks that was clearly bad blocking and he probably has more 50yd+ attempts then any other kicker lol It seems all the packers drives stall out around that part of the field. I feel hes 50/50 on those. His % would be in the 80s easy if MM didnt have him kicking all those 50+yders. Alot of kickers cant even kick a 50yder anywhere near 50%. The best kickers in the nfl kick in the 80s overall. Crosby is close to that with a couple blocks and alot of 50yd trys.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Tramon Williams - continues to have great coverage skills
Clay Matthews - DPOY? this guy made those aging cowboy lineman look like statues
Desmond Bishop - wow - someone explain to me why we shouldnt consider him the starter over barnett
Charlie Peprah - he is starting to really play well, may want to give Bigby a few more weeks to fully heal
Aaron Rodgers - nice game, really had pinpoint accuracy on quite a few throws.
BJack - he is elusive when he gets outside, and had some rcving yards as well
Chad Clifton - playing very well has been hampered by injuries but when healthy he shows what we have in him. wow.
Josh Sitton - really had a great game and was getting to the 2nd level on some plays
James Jones - best game of his career. still has fumbleitis
BJ Raji - almost looks like he is starting to step up wondering if injury is better. he is getting good push up the middle
Sam Sheilds - nice pick on a jump ball, and a nifty return on ST
John Kuhn - behind Johnson on goalline I like that formation - pretty tough to stop all that beef

Duds: Mason Crosby - this guy is going to cost us down the road. dont get him - cant kick it in the endzone on kickoffs, strong leg yet continues to struggle. honestly Kasay from Carolina would look great in green and gold. starting to not like crosby at all.

All in all, this one was a laugher. nice win and a bye week to boot. then off to the stink dome, where I fully expect the vikings will pull out all stops to slow the pack down. If Dom preps this D correctly no worries but it is hard to hear when they pipe in FAKE crowd noise. I hope Pickett is okay, as we need him.

DAWT on the Crosby DUD. He is the only person Ive seen kick it out of bounds on a Kickoff this year, and hes done it FOUR times ugh.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm happy with the team as a whole,crosby may have missed that 56 yarder,but he made the rest it was a great game after that t.d before the half they didn't let the boys back in the game and that was a feat in it self.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts