Studs and Duds: Green Bay v Atlanta Divisional Playoff

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Rodgers

oh my goodness a star is born. Unbelievable pocket presence. Throwing dimes all over the field. Easily his best work. I am speechless.

Tramon Williams

two big time picks in prime time. Is very solid. saving the best for last.

Pack WRs

All of them were spectacular. The cream is rising to the top.

Dom Capers

Gave the falcons fits with schemes. His players responded in a big way. Taking this team to where they are at now with all the injuries makes this remarkable.

BJ Raji

He is the real deal. Getting great pressure and is a beast in the middle. WOW.

Duds:

none.

Is there a more dominating performance possible? Look out for this team they are now on the path to being extremely special and I am overjoyed to see it. Two more games left to win and I cant believe it. They are for real RIGHT NOW!
I cant say anything negative right now. Dare I say it? Man its great to wear the green and gold.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Special Teams. We gave up a TD on a kickoff return. We just need to get better or its going to cost us a big game. And we have 2 big ones coming up.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only duds in this game are Sean Slocum and Mason Crosby.

Slocum is a turd

Crosby missed a FG (dont care how long it was, do your job *****!)
He also took out 2 or 3 defenders on the Falcon K TD

GaryGnu

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if these qualify as Duds, more like points for improvement:

The punt return for a TD: Pack's Achilles heel. I chalk this up to the insane amount of injuries this season. The special teams unit has never been a stable unit.

Jennings fumble: Gotta be more mindful of the football in the post season. He was rather quiet the rest of the game.

Mason Crosby: Another miss, thought it was a long FG and rather meaningless.... and he did go on to make 2 more.

First play from scrimmage: Everyone and his mom knew it was gong to be a run, should have done play-action to start the game: shake things up.

Studs:
Rodgers on Fire like he's playing Arizona again. Dialed in like no other.

Williams: read my mind right there before the half when I thought Atlanta would go for the quick out to set up the field goal after the sack. He jumped that pass for a pick six like I called it. And listing to Williams after the game, he had the same thing in mind. :)

I could do more, it was a stud laden game....

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only dud that I have is Crosby. He shanked a FG and is part of the reason that kick got returned. He ended up blocking Nick Collins who was in good position to make the tackle.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I want to say duds is the Packers special teams unit, and Mason Crosby, 1 for 2 isn't good, these are the playoffs, this is normally when we need them.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if these qualify as Duds, more like points for improvement:

The punt return for a TD: Pack's Achilles heel. I chalk this up to the insane amount of injuries this season. The special teams unit has never been a stable unit.

Jennings fumble: Gotta be more mindful of the football in the post season. He was rather quiet the rest of the game.

Mason Crosby: Another miss, thought it was a long FG and rather meaningless.... and he did go on to make 2 more.

First play from scrimmage: Everyone and his mom knew it was gong to be a run, should have done play-action to start the game: shake things up.

Studs:
Rodgers on Fire like he's playing Arizona again. Dialed in like no other.

Williams: read my mind right there before the half when I thought Atlanta would go for the quick out to set up the field goal after the sack. He jumped that pass for a pick six like I called it. And listing to Williams after the game, he had the same thing in mind. :)

I could do more, it was a stud laden game....

ill just re-post this because it pretty much hit the nail on the head IMO.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shawn Slocum for duds.

The rest, specially Rodgers, oh my god.

I've never seen a better game out of a QB, quite simply. This was the best game I've ever seen a QB have.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Rodgers played the best game I've ever seen a Packers QB play in the Playoffs tonight (I'm only 21, so there's only 1 other QB that applies to, but still.). He was perfect. Mobile, accurate on the run and in the pocket, sound decision making, this is the defining moment so far in the career of a guy who's rapidly ascending towards the top of the heap of NFL QB's. Brady and Manning are sort of up there in years (kind of, they'll still be around for awhile yet though), and I still rank them above Aaron because they've hoisted trophies, but Aaron Rodgers is leading the next wave of great NFL QB's into the future.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Things like Clay's two sacks get lost in the shuffle when Tramon Williams goes nuts and Aaron Rodgers has one of the best games from a Packers QB in the last 20 or so years.

He does deserve mention, though.

Frankly, it'd be simpler to say:
Studs:
Everyone on the team besides the people who covered that kickoff

Duds:
Only the people that covered that kickoff and they were only duds for that one play.

Members online

Latest posts