Studs and duds Denver game

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Recievers: Rodgers once again complained about a lack of separation after the game that seemed to be backed up on the field.
As big a fan of Rogers as I am, there is a limit to how open a receiver can get in the second and a half before Rogers is under pressure - especially when they are getting jammed at the line. There were guys that got open, but Rogers didn't have time to find them. Jones and Cobb can catch balls in tight coverage with accurate throws. I've noticed a number of balls thrown that were uncatchable and an equal number of balls that are barely catchable, where the receiver can't do anything after the catch because they are off balance or on the ground - even on short swing passes. Something has just been off the last few games.

D

Deleted member 6794

It looks to me that with our current WR/TE core, if someone isn't dang near wide open, Rodgers isn't throwing it to them. It has to be a perfect situation for Rodgers to throw it it seems like. This is why I say that overall trust might be waning.

We don't have a single WR or TE who can just "go get it" so to speak. Cobb is the closest thing to that right now. But D's are keying on him.

Rodgers has to start taking more risks and give the receivers, even when being covered closely, a chance to make a play.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all say he needs to start taking more chances but maybe he doesn't want to put his defense in a bad spot. They looked like the vintage Packers defense we have seen for 5 yrs. Mise well punt and hope for a turnover or that hey actually stop people.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely right.
i think taking risks last night would have resulted in nothing but interceptions. defenders were all over them and pass rushers were all over Rodgers. It wasn't a recipe for any type of success on offense.

D

Deleted member 6794

We all say he needs to start taking more chances but maybe he doesn't want to put his defense in a bad spot.

Having six offensive drives without gaining at least 20 yards doesn´t help the defense either.

i think taking risks last night would have resulted in nothing but interceptions. defenders were all over them and pass rushers were all over Rodgers. It wasn't a recipe for any type of success on offense.

I´d rather have him throw some more interceptions if that results in receivers making plays more often.

Reaction score
they must have been smoking Marijuana as there heads were definitely not in the game. pretty bag game by everyone. did anyone notice mike mccarthy a few times looking at tom clements ... i don;t think he was inpressed with the calls he was making

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a difference between taking risks and being reckless. The receivers were open briefly at points of the routes and at some point you have to give them a chance to make a play while at the same time positioning the ball so the receiver has the edge in catching or defending it. But that kind of accuracy, hasn't been on display lately. They maybe need to give the receivers less isolated routes so they can work together against the secondary and give Rodgers more protection - Kuhn & Ripkowski?

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am very dissapointed in this performance by this team yesterday and not by the lack of talent, but more on the lack of passion they showed and lack of being prepared for this big game.

This team was ready to be on the plane by half with the game still within reach, but their leader, Mr. A. Rodgers needs to get his act together and stop acting like an entitled little girl complaining about the receivers and make adjustments to help them get open. I think his head has gotten a little too big, so I'm happy they brought him back to earth.

I believe this loss is due to coaching and leadership of this team. The Broncos saw things on film and exposed the Packers, while the Packers made no real adjustments. Heyward was being lit up and there was no help. As watching the game I constantly kept seeing the defense give the middle of the field for those cross routes. Nothing special about our pass rush, Mr. Capers didn't get fancy with his blitzing as supposedly he is to be.

Now, if the receivers aren't getting open on the man on man, you make adjustments. You coach to your players weakness and strengths. Instead of leaving them on their own, start getting the receivers into traffic where they can create seperation. One guy that definitely is worthless on the offense and you can put any guy from the PS and would be an upgrade is R. Rodgers. He can't block, he is slow, he has terrible hands, and for a big boy he sure goes down easy even when a cb tackles him.

Hopefully the team learns from this good ol butt whooping and makes adjustments. If not, it'll be a long second half. Teams have figured out how to expose the defense and how to contain Rodgers.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds = the entire team
Studs = nobody
That was one of the worst Packer games I have ever seen. The O'line did a terrible job and couldn't even make any adjustments at halftime to get the pressure off of Rodgers.
The Receivers looked like they were running in sand and the defense was totally un-prepared for the Broncos offense.
An overall anemic effort.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a difference between taking risks and being reckless. The receivers were open briefly at points of the routes and at some point you have to give them a chance to make a play while at the same time positioning the ball so the receiver has the edge in catching or defending it. But that kind of accuracy, hasn't been on display lately. They maybe need to give the receivers less isolated routes so they can work together against the secondary and give Rodgers more protection - Kuhn & Ripkowski?
To me, the Receivers looked like they were going at about half speed all night. I don't think they were going to make any plays on anything. They looked horrible as a group. I don't even know why they showed up.

Rodgers has put more balls on target in tight spots over the years I can't believe people think he only throws it when receivers are wide open. yeah, those throws haven't been made lately becuase aybe they aren't catching them in practice either. With the effort I saw from the receivers last night, i wouldn't put it past them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having six offensive drives without gaining at least 20 yards doesn´t help the defense either.

I´d rather have him throw some more interceptions if that results in receivers making plays more often.
if a receiver can't show more heart in trying to get position or beat a defender in space, why do you think they're suddenly going to fight them harder once the ball is in the air? Their effort last night was pathetic.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw some open recievers. Aaron has trouble finding them with the OL being pushed into his face.

This game was a big let-down aagainst obe of the hottest teams in the NFL on their turf. Our OL could not hear the signals taking away a few of rodgers weapons, namely the hard count and audibles. It was a great game by the Broncos, hope we meet again on neutral turf.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that Rodgers is now 1-9 in his career against top 5 defenses. That is not what an elite QB should be.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I saw some open recievers. Aaron has trouble finding them with the OL being pushed into his face.

This game was a big let-down aagainst obe of the hottest teams in the NFL on their turf. Our OL could not hear the signals taking away a few of rodgers weapons, namely the hard count and audibles. It was a great game by the Broncos, hope we meet again on neutral turf.

I agree. The Broncos had a good plan worked out to be in his face all the time and they really executed it.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that Rodgers is now 1-9 in his career against top 5 defenses. That is not what an elite QB should be.

Have a link to back this up? Extraordinary accusations need extraordinary evidence. Otherwise, you're just stirring the pot.

D

Deleted member 6794

Have a link to back this up? Extraordinary accusations need extraordinary evidence. Otherwise, you're just stirring the pot.

Rodgers is 9-11 in the regular season against top 5 scoring defenses during his career with a 3-3 record against those teams in the postseason.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that the WR's are playing a bit scared from snap to whistle? Even after the few catches that receivers made yesterday, nobody seemed to really go after the YAC. Have to wonder if all the injuries at the position have each of them a bit in their own heads, not wanting to be the next man down.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is 9-11 in the regular season against top 5 scoring defenses during his career with a 3-3 record against those teams in the postseason.

Are you sure about this?.? Not saying you are wrong. But when I think back, the Seahawks, Buffalo, Giants, 49ers before their fall apart this year have all owned us.

Also one thing I know is a fact is that the Packers are 0 of their last 9 in games against winning teams on the road. And it gets alarmingly bad when you look at them on the road against good defenses.

Packers vs. Top Defenses in 2014
at SEA 23/33 for 189 yards, TD, INT
at DET 16/27 for 162 yards, TD
at BUF 17/42 for 185 yards, 2 INT

Even when you add the home game vs the Lions that we won.

vs Detroit 226 passing yards, 2 TD

Overall he was 54% completion rate about 195 yards per game and 4TD's to 3 ints. Not great in big games against big time defenses for sure.

Last edited:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get we want to set the tone and everything but can we really be that dissapointed in Rodgers struggles against elite defenses? I mean, they are elite for a reason...

D

Deleted member 6794

Are you sure about this?.? Not saying you are wrong. But when I think back, the Seahawks, Buffalo, Giants, 49ers before their fall apart this year have all owned us.

Rodgers is 1-9 against top 5 scoring defenses on the road. He beat two such teams on the road to winning the Super Bowl in 2010 though.

There's no denying the Packers offense has to improve against quality opponents on the road though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts