Studs and duds Denver game

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll agree it wasn't good. The statements in the chat box were pretty nuts though.
I was legit dying at some of them. Does everyone freak out after a loss? I joined the site this season.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was legit dying at some of them. Does everyone freak out after a loss? I joined the site this season.

Not everyone, but there's a few posters that come around only while we are losing to complain in the chat box. Actually, complain anytime the game is close.

You missed it last year when the season was declared over 5 quarters into the year.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

Many...well some of the chatbox fans expect the opposing team to lay over and die while chanting "Packers are the kings!!!..Packers are the kings!!!"

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not everyone, but there's a few posters that come around only while we are losing to complain in the chat box. Actually, complain anytime the game is close.

You missed it last year when the season was declared over 5 quarters into the year.

A million times this. You should have seen it during halftime of the Jets game last year. Some actually thought we would be lucky to win 6 games.

After EVERY loss, the season is over with some. So tonight when we got beat pretty good, it was just amplified. I said it last year after the Detroit loss when we were 1-2, these games are going to happen occasionally. And in all honesty, it happened at a good time if it were going to. Against an AFC opponent that won't hurt us in NFC seeding and regardless of tonight's outcome, next week is for the current #1 NFC seed anyway.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Cobb and Crosby
Duds:arod 77 yards
Oline
Receiving core, can't beat man to man coverage
Dline
Secondary, got picked apart again

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
ok this is studs and duds no one is getting over excited just putting there opinion to this so relax nitpickers
Studs: Clay, BJ (only one to get to Manning) "Money Crosby" Denver "D"
Duds: offense, play calling, Capers, D-backs, in 2 games over 1,000yds of offense

Last edited:
Reaction score
Clay and Datone and special teams held their own.. the entire offense played like a dud. Good news is this.. We have a resilient team and this game will be all but erased away as an anomoly with a win at Carolina, putting us atop the NFC once again

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Over a couple of games this season, Rodgers has looked “antsy” in the pocket even when he didn’t need to be. He had more reason tonight but it seemed even when he had time he wouldn’t pull the trigger. Before the game I wrote, “With the quality of the Denver D IMO a lot will depend on whether we see the Aaron Rodgers who we've been accustomed to seeing. And that may depend in part on how much pass rush pressure Denver can get up the middle.” We definitely didn’t see that Aaron Rodgers even when considering the Denver pass rush. And he missed badly on a couple of throws too. I would include McCarthy, Clements, and whoever else was involved with the offensive game plan as duds as well. Remember the Chargers’ game plan against the Packers D? I was really hoping to see something similar – quick passes to establish a rhythm and blunt their pass rush. And if they wanted to stay away from their top two cover guys, throw to whichever of Adams or Jones who weren’t being covered by one. And why not have more designed plays where Rodgers rolls out? That’s one of his strengths. After they started poorly I don’t know why Cobb wasn’t constantly put in motion or lined up in the backfield. Overall, I just didn’t see anything innovative on offense.

The pass rush was a huge disappointment. How many times was Manning touched, let alone hit or hurried? Randall certainly struggled but I was more disappointed in Hyde. How many times did he get beat trying to cover a TE on a crossing route? I don’t know how much scheme had to do with that but at some point try something – or someone different. The only unit that pulled its weight was STs…

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, when the game is going poorly, there's going to be overreactions. People are emotional about the game and team. The shoutbox is a chat room with short sentences which captures a person's immediate instincts at that time, unlike a post which at least sometimes comes with some premeditation. It often happens the other way too, for instance in preseason after some great plays an unheard of player might be annointed as the next great.

Like fans of any sports team, Packer fans come in many types. There's the over emotional ones that live and die with every play, there's the ones that believe we're going to the Super Bowl no matter what and look past any flaws, and there's ones that see only the negatives and forget about the positives. There's ones that are in between, and ones with an apathetic 'it's only a game' outlook.

Always has been, always will be, and it's not just limited to this board. I don't know why people continue to be amazed by the overreactions of the shoutbox.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Over a couple of games this season, Rodgers has looked “antsy” in the pocket even when he didn’t need to be. He had more reason tonight but it seemed even when he had time he wouldn’t pull the trigger. Before the game I wrote, “With the quality of the Denver D IMO a lot will depend on whether we see the Aaron Rodgers who we've been accustomed to seeing. And that may depend in part on how much pass rush pressure Denver can get up the middle.” We definitely didn’t see that Aaron Rodgers even when considering the Denver pass rush. And he missed badly on a couple of throws too. I would include McCarthy, Clements, and whoever else was involved with the offensive game plan as duds as well. Remember the Chargers’ game plan against the Packers D? I was really hoping to see something similar – quick passes to establish a rhythm and blunt their pass rush. And if they wanted to stay away from their top two cover guys, throw to whichever of Adams or Jones who weren’t being covered by one. And why not have more designed plays where Rodgers rolls out? That’s one of his strengths. After they started poorly I don’t know why Cobb wasn’t constantly put in motion or lined up in the backfield. Overall, I just didn’t see anything innovative on offense.

The pass rush was a huge disappointment. How many times was Manning touched, let alone hit or hurried? Randall certainly struggled but I was more disappointed in Hyde. How many times did he get beat trying to cover a TE on a crossing route? I don’t know how much scheme had to do with that but at some point try something – or someone different. The only unit that pulled its weight was STs…
One hit on Manning by BJ nothing else was close what was frustrating is this is the 2nd offensive line that was supposedly patched together because of injuries (Chargers O'line) and the D could not Dominate. (maybe to strong a word) but at least frustrate.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sad thing is they didn't even adjust at halftime. Came out with the same scheme. Like run some crossing patterns pick plays to stop that man to man.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
A-rod trusts his Pass protection too much!! if he does not take off and slide we will see Tolzien in (must win games) situations, I do not feel confident in that...

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer pass rush wasn't horrible. Manning was getting the ball out really quick, often to his first read, which was nearly always wide open.

The Packer pass coverage was abysmal. I'm sure the injuries didn't help any but they were getting burned to a crisp before the injuries as well. Heyward looked "turrible" from whistle to whistle. I can't remember ever seeing so many receivers so wide open play, after play, after play. Scheme? Guys? I have no idea. It was so bad that I couldn't even formulate an opinion. My best guess is, some of both. Or a lot of both.

The Packer run defense was bad. Not as bad as the pass coverage, but still bad. They seem to really struggle with small, fast guys.

Offensively, they were offensive; all the way around. Run, pass, didn't matter. They were bad... just bad.

Special Teams was decent; or maybe adequate is a better word. The long field goal was nice but the thin air makes it not overly impressive.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds(let's be honest there were more of them):

The shoutbox: out of control during the game. Every other comment was being dominated by 3 or 4 posters making highly insensitive comments or just generally being troll-like. I know the ignore button is there but c'mon guys..

Recievers: Rodgers once again complained about a lack of separation after the game that seemed to be backed up on the field.

Rodgers: Looks gun shy..for the first time ever

Lacy: While I think the whole overweight thing might be overblown obviously somethings not right with his game.

This defense: not what it seemed like a few weeks ago. If they're not going to perform as a healthy unit with Burnett back against what was a really struggling offense, who will they perform against? Hyde, Hayward continue to look awful in coverage. Any coach worth his weight could see this. Bench them. Where's Gunter? Mike Daniels wants how much??

Studs: Special teams, Clay I guess? Datone Jones seemed to be solid again, but that's stretching the stud label.

And with all this being said, tonight's embarrassment on Primetime probably didn't have the biggest playoff implications which is good. Next week is a different story. Can't lose again with the division and home field advantage resting on it.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

Studs Mastay and Crosby as they did what they were told to do tonight. Crosby made a good field goal and an extra point. And mastay for doing his job as a punter.

Duds EVERYONE ELSE!!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't buy that. It was the same thing last week and early tonight, before they were injured.
No..
Rivers dropped passes in perfect spots... You do recall at least one toe tap?

Tonight you saw the replays of guys going as they should but just getting beat..

two starting corners out was a big reason... One of the he replacements never even played a Def snap all year.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds= Me, for actually thinking we'd only lose by a couple points. Instead it turned out to be a couple touchdowns.

I WILL never overestimate this defense again I'll tell you that...like really? Who have they played? The first half if the season? Secondly . This offense looks pathetic and has looked pathetic most of the year. I'll stand by my prediction. Packers will win the North and under achieve in the playoffs and lose because that's just what they do.

Studs=Denver's defense, and manning
and his noodle arm.

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made the mistake of going into the shoutbox last night. There is a difference in being disappointed about the way your team is performing, and then there is just being huge jerks. Maybe it is the younger generation of Packer fans that just don't have any respect for other people, maybe it was just jerks trolling. I expect it out of some (Rodell) but I can usually handle it, and am not used to getting personally attacked. I think a lot of the younger fans are just completely spoiled. They really don't know what a "bad period" a team can go through

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers, 14/22 for 77 yards, that is a pitiful state line

Hey atleast our stat obsessed QB didn't throw any picks! Did their DBs even bat down one pass? I'm not writing the season off but Aaron needs to act a little less like Jay Cutler on the sidelines and a little more like Brett Favre on the field, start taking chances and start playing to win. Defensively well people wondered if things could get worse from AJ Hawk's tenure at ILB and they have, Nate Palmer makes me wish we still had Brad Jones.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Sometimes worse than others. Last night got so bad that I couldn't enjoy the game AND keep an eye on the chat, so I asked the other mods to monitor the chat. There was more whine there than in Napa Valley.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Studs: A "washed-up" Peyton Manning (and I admit that I was one of those who thought as much); penalties or this could have been a much worse blowout

Duds: Offense, scoring defense and more injuries

I was thinking the same thing. Reports of Manning's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes worse than others. Last night got so bad that I couldn't enjoy the game AND keep an eye on the chat, so I asked the other mods to monitor the chat. There was more whine there than in Napa Valley.

Criticism is fine, but when it comes across as petulant whining it can become unbearable.

Members online

Latest posts