Studs and duds Denver game

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that the WR's are playing a bit scared from snap to whistle? Even after the few catches that receivers made yesterday, nobody seemed to really go after the YAC. Have to wonder if all the injuries at the position have each of them a bit in their own heads, not wanting to be the next man down.
I haven't seen that. What I saw was that even on quick planned, short passes, there were a number of throws that were off enough to break the flow of the play. You will get considerably less YAC if you can't catch the ball instride or on your feet.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get we want to set the tone and everything but can we really be that dissapointed in Rodgers struggles against elite defenses? I mean, they are elite for a reason...

Well just for reference... Here is Tom Brady vs the very same Seattle team.

37-50 328 4 2 23 101.1

74 percent completion rate 300 plus yards and 4 touchdowns. I'd have to look but I highly doubt Rodgers has ever done that in his career. (maybe the Atlanta game playoff debacle)

Playing an elite defense is no reason to **** the bed.... Will you put up career numbers? No... Could you throw for more than 77 yards a game? I sure hope so.

And we will see soon what Brady can do to the very same defense under the exact some stresses.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is 1-9 against top 5 scoring defenses on the road. He beat two such teams on the road to winning the Super Bowl in 2010 though.

There's no denying the Packers offense has to improve against quality opponents on the road though.

And if you remember right he **** the bed in the Bears game too... lol 17-30 244 0 TD 2 Int. The Packers offense didn't score from 14:06 left in the first half, till the end of the game. The defense won that game with 3 turnovers, and the fact that they used their 3rd string QB helped too. Last 3 drives drives in the fourth quarter Rodgers had 33 yards punt, 9 punt, -1 punt. and 5 minutes of Time of possession. Rodgers did just about everything to lose that game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well just for reference... Here is Tom Brady vs the very same Seattle team.

37-50 328 4 2 23 101.1

74 percent completion rate 300 plus yards and 4 touchdowns. I'd have to look but I highly doubt Rodgers has ever done that in his career. (maybe the Atlanta game playoff debacle)

Playing an elite defense is no reason to **** the bed.... Will you put up career numbers? No... Could you throw for more than 77 yards a game? I sure hope so.

And we will see soon what Brady can do to the very same defense under the exact some stresses.

And if you remember right he **** the bed in the Bears game too... lol 17-30 244 0 TD 2 Int. The Packers offense didn't score from 14:06 left in the first half, till the end of the game. The defense won that game with 3 turnovers, and the fact that they used their 3rd string QB helped too. Last 3 drives drives in the fourth quarter Rodgers had 33 yards punt, 9 punt, -1 punt. and 5 minutes of Time of possession. Rodgers did just about everything to lose that game.

Rodgers was 31-36 for 366 yards and 3 TDs against the Falcons (5th) in the playoffs and 24-39 for 304 yards and another three TDs vs. Pittsburgh (1st) in the Super Bowl.

He has other good games against elite defenses but it's tough to be able to do that constantly.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was 31-36 for 366 yards and 3 TDs against the Falcons (5th) in the playoffs and 24-39 for 304 yards and another three TDs vs. Pittsburgh (1st) in the Super Bowl.

He has other good games against elite defenses but it's tough to be able to do that constantly.

Still not 4 touchdowns ;) Ill let that part slide...

BUT those weren't top 5 passing defenses, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Atlanta was 22nd, Chicago was 20th, and Pittsburgh 12th. In fact out of those teams, the Packers had the best rank at 5th.

The Bears and Pitt were 1 and 2 vs run... That's why the points allowed less points. But their pass defenses were mediocre at very best. I could argue that anything over 20 is scrub territory.

D

Deleted member 6794

Still not 4 touchdowns ;) Ill let that part slide...

BUT those weren't top 5 passing defenses, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Atlanta was 22nd, Chicago was 20th, and Pittsburgh 12th. In fact out of those teams, the Packers had the best rank at 5th.

The Bears and Pitt were 1 and 2 vs run... That's why the points allowed less points. But their pass defenses were mediocre at very best. I could argue that anything over 20 is scrub territory.

Yards allowed is a terrible indicator of a defense's performance. These teams had elite defenses and the Packers combined for 79 points against the Falcons and Steelers. Nothing short of amazing.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yards allowed is a terrible indicator of a defense's performance. These teams had elite defenses and the Packers combined for 79 points against the Falcons and Steelers. Nothing short of amazing.

Ok what about this then, Atlanta allowed the 15th most touchdowns through the air?.? Is that valid. Their pass defense was horrible. Period. The only metric you can find to support their pass defense is points allowed which if you ask me is even a more horrible metric.

Of that year, the only team with an actual elite defense... That was listed was Pitt. And yes he did well in 1 game against an elite defense 5 years ago. Congrats, now what about the 20 that he didn't do well.

Don't get me wrong, Aaron is good. But in my opinion... He thinks he is better than what he is.

D

Deleted member 6794

Is it really though? Denver had a higher rated yardage but lower rating in points compared to us in total defense and we saw how that worked out.

Well, the Broncos defense would have been ranked ahead of the Packers unit in points allowed before yesterday's game if not for three pick-6s by Manning.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No..
Rivers dropped passes in perfect spots... You do recall at least one toe tap?

Tonight you saw the replays of guys going as they should but just getting beat..

two starting corners out was a big reason... One of the he replacements never even played a Def snap all year.

I disagree. Rivers made a number of great throws but he was also hitting guys wide open across the middle over and over again, much like Manning did last night.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Broncos defense would have been ranked ahead of the Packers unit in points allowed before yesterday's game if not for three pick-6s by Manning.

You really believe that Packers deserve to be in the top 10 defense. I'm not even sure they are top 20. To be ranked 1st just goes to show how little that stat means.

Go by sight... Is Green Bay an elite defense?

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok what about this then, Atlanta allowed the 15th most touchdowns through the air?.? Is that valid. Their pass defense was horrible. Period. The only metric you can find to support their pass defense is points allowed which if you ask me is even a more horrible metric.

Last time I checked points scored decide the outcome of a game. I really wonder how it's possible points being a terrible metric

Of that year, the only team with an actual elite defense... That was listed was Pitt. And yes he did well in 1 game. Congrats, now what about the 20?

Rodgers has completed 65% of his passes vs. top 5 defenses and averaged 7.05 yards per attempt with 36 TD and 20 INT for a rating of 89.8. I guess that is way above average against elite defenses.

D

Deleted member 6794

You really believe that Packers deserve to be in the top 10 defense. I'm not even sure they are top 20. To be ranked 1st just goes to show how little that stat means.

Go by sight... Is Green Bay an elite defense?

The Packers defense played pretty well the first five weeks of the season. They for sure didn't look like a top 10 unit during the last two games. We'll see if they can get back on track.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked points scored decide the outcome of a game. I really wonder how it's possible points being a terrible metric

Rodgers has completed 65% of his passes vs. top 5 defenses and averaged 7.05 yards per attempt with 36 TD and 20 INT for a rating of 89.8. I guess that is way above average against elite defenses.

Where are you finding these stats? I can't find anything that shows this.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud...Abrederris. Returning that one deep kickoff only getting to the ten.

I was hoping he'd try to run one out. They were getting the **** beat out of them they needed someone to try to provide a spark. I wasn't particularly impressed with the result but just for having the balls to bring it out and trying to get something going I'd be tempted to call him a stud.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds = the entire team
Studs = nobody
That was one of the worst Packer games I have ever seen. The O'line did a terrible job and couldn't even make any adjustments at halftime to get the pressure off of Rodgers.
The Receivers looked like they were running in sand and the defense was totally un-prepared for the Broncos offense.
An overall anemic effort.

And all of this came after a bye week...I see this triggering one of two things; either it was a wakeup call for the Packers and we will see them come out from here on playing with a fire like we haven't seen, or it's going to start a run of losses....I certainly hope it isn't the latter...

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told everyone before this game even took place to not expect an offensive explosion from us and that this game was 50/50 either way on who wins due to it being in Denver. I am not at all surprised about how this game went.

Teams lose, it happens. Sometimes you get whipped, that happens too and to good teams at times. We lose and we'll probably lose a couple more before the year is up. Its part of the game.

With that said, I do think we need to make some minor to major adjustments on offense. I am beginning to see a trend now and honestly, I don't think Jordy being here and healthy would help with the current situation as much as some people think. I think our problems are schematic right now with a dose of poor execution thrown in. In other words, our problems are very fixable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

@Un4GivN As I mentioned yesterday I took a look at all active Super Bowl QBs performances in the regular season against top 5 defenses based on opponents passer rating since the start of the 2008 season.

Aaron Rodgers has completed 261 out of 428 passes for 2,838 yards with 16 TDs and 11 INTs for a passer rating of 82.3. The only guy that´s heads and shoulders above him in these contests is Drew Brees with a rating of 97.3. Rodgers is within a group of Russell Wilson (88.0), Tom Brady (87.7), Ben Roethlisberger (83.3) and Peyton Manning (83.3).

The only QBs with a worse rating are Joe Flacco (67.9) and Eli Manning (66.6).

D

Deleted member 6794

I told everyone before this game even took place to not expect an offensive explosion from us and that this game was 50/50 either way on who wins due to it being in Denver. I am not at all surprised about how this game went.

Teams lose, it happens. Sometimes you get whipped, that happens too and to good teams at times. We lose and we'll probably lose a couple more before the year is up. Its part of the game.

With that said, I do think we need to make some minor to major adjustments on offense. I am beginning to see a trend now and honestly, I don't think Jordy being here and healthy would help with the current situation as much as some people think. I think our problems are schematic right now with a dose of poor execution thrown in. In other words, our problems are very fixable.

It´s true that teams sometimes have a bad game but the offense has been struggling for the last three weeks and was embarrassed by the Broncos on Sunday. In addition the defense has given up a ton of yards over the last two games.

It´s way too early to tell how the team will perform entering the playoffs because I think most of the team´s shortcomings can be corrected by that time but there´s no doubt in my mind the offense would be way better with Nelson in the lineup.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Let it GOOOOOOOO!. Were going 14-2 and holding at Lambeau. I don't wanna hear it. Love ya Aaron, Love ya Sammie, Love ya Clay, Love ya Monty, I wanna Love ya Davante. Geez, bought your jersey and ****!

P>S keep it going Daniels.

GO PACK GO!

And I miss ya JORDY!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Great Season so far. Give us this one back!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts