Studs and duds Denver game

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say this one is pretty easy. No studs. The Packers were a dud tonight.

Losing at Denver wasn't particularly surprising but the team playing so poorly was. However getting embarrassed on the national stage tonight will make the Packers a better team going forward.

This game is not that strategically damaging, depending on what comes out of it injury-wise.

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Crosby
Datone Jones

Duds
Rodgers- Probably the worst game of his career
Lacy
Wide Receivers
Defense
Capers- When their wr's are that wide open, it's a scheme problem more than anything

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone outside of clay was a complete and total dud. That was as ugly as it gets. Time to prepare for Carolina

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let the overacting and forgetting about the first 6 games begin.
They have their own studs and duds, but there's no mistaking that this particular game was embarrassing

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let the overacting and forgetting about the first 6 games begin.

It isn't time to panic, but this game is very concerning. It was an absolute beatdown, we weren't even competitive. The road offense continues to be completely inept and the defense was burned time and time again. This is probably the biggest beatdown we've had (with Rodgers as a starter) since we got whacked 38-10 by the Giants in 2012.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't time to panic, but this game is very concerning. It was an absolute beatdown, we weren't even competitive. The road offense continues to be completely inept and the defense was burned time and time again. This is probably the biggest beatdown we've had (with Rodgers as a starter) since we got whacked 38-10 by the Giants in 2012.

Go back and look at some of the games the Packers lost in 1996 and 2010. BTW, they won Super Bowls those two years.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, it wasn't good, but it's just one game. About this time last year we were demolished by the Saints and ended up a much better team than that. Had a few loses to bad teams in 2010. The Patriots were demolished by the Chiefs last year early.

Until we lose multiple games, it's not a trend. Next weeks game means much more than this one.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't good, but it's just one game. About this time last year we were demolished by the Saints and ended up a much better team than that. Had a few loses to bad teams in 2010. The Patriots were demolished by the Chiefs last year early.

Until we lose multiple games, it's not a trend. Next weeks game means much more than this one.
Agreed but if they put in another performance even hlaf as bad next week and my faith will be shaken. As it is I can chalk this up to a bad gam. However, it is two weeks in row where the opposing team's receivers were wide open on nearly every play so that is conçerning

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back and look at some of the games the Packers lost in 1996 and 2010. BTW, they won Super Bowls those two years.

There was nothing in 2010 that remotely resembled this game. We never trailed by more than seven points the entire season.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team in the Rodgers era, for whatever reason, is historically bad against top defenses and I don't understand why. As a Packers fan it really frustrates me not being surprised by the way this game played.

Bad on both sides of the ball, not giving any help to Heyward when he clearly looked lost out there, punting on 4th and 7 while down by 3 scores? At no phase in our game did we execute and it was a shameful primetime performance. Not the end of the world, but we need to stop playing so scared against good defenses. How do the Browns and Vikings nearly topple the Broncos, yet we look like amateurs?

Clay Matthews and Crosby studs, everyone else duds.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Stud:
Clay

Duds:
Injuries-always
D. Randall
Hayward
JJ
Davante
R. Rogers - He can't block for anything, and he's making mental mistakes.
A Rod - He has to take a chance ONCE in a while. I appreciate that he wants to protect the ball especially after we had to deal with Favre's overaggressive style, but when you're down by two or more scores you gotta get some kind of a spark going. But the receivers need to step up too. Not putting it all on Rodgers.

This game isn't as important as next week vs carolina. Especially if carolina wins tomorrow.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True, though I think the Saints game is due more to Rodgers' injury and Brees being incredibly hot and cold. That was more of an anomaly, whereas this game was the culmination of various problems that have been plaguing the team all season. And in 2010 we were competitive every single game, despite the several heartbreaking losses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not panicking. And it's better to lose to an AFC team anyway. But if we don't start looking a lot better, we aren't going to beat any elite teams. Fortunately it's better to peak at the end of the season, rather than in November.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Crosby
Datone Jones

Duds
Rodgers- Probably the worst game of his career
Lacy
Wide Receivers
Defense
Capers- When their wr's are that wide open, it's a scheme problem more than anything

It's a player problem in guys are that wide open. There is no scheme that is designed to let that happen.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game kind of reminded me of the Saints game last season, but worse.

Rodgers was the biggest disappointment tonight. He played terribly and his attitude was very disappointing to see. Lead your team, don't be moping on the bench. This offense is so weird to me right now. We have to figure it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts