Studs and duds Denver game

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't give my studs and duds...
Studs: I really didn't see any, team was totally unprepared
Duds: Aaron Rodgers, especially his body language.... and every time someone compliments our Defense, they usually follow it by laying a major egg.

But, it doesn't suck being 6-1..... There are a lot of "fans" of other teams wishing they were 6-1, I guarantee it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This was just one of those games you throw away the tape. I turned the game off early and I really can't remember the last time I've done that. It was just a pathetic performance but yes we are 6-1. If your gonna lose one you one then do it to a non-conference road game at Denver and that is probably the only silver lining.

Moving forward I am not in panic mode but concerned about Lacy(he his popping out of his pads and not in the right places). I also would of really liked TT to bring another weapon on offense. If Lacy can't regain form and add "no Jordy" to the equation then were really gonna need Montgomery to step up big time. I don't know what the heck is going on with Davante.

Disappointing performance....

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes worse than others. Last night got so bad that I couldn't enjoy the game AND keep an eye on the chat, so I asked the other mods to monitor the chat. There was more whine there than in Napa Valley.
It seemed really, really bad last night. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Disappointing to see.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Lacy did fine last night when they actually gave him the ball and had semi acceptable blocking up front. Our first drive, 2 runs to Lacy, 1st down and then I don't remember seeing him in or getting the ball again. pass, pass, pass, punt. I don't care how good the defense we're facing is, if they have 6 or 7 in the box, we should be able to get a linemen on each DL and give Lacy a small crease more often than not. I"ll take my chances with that and letting him punish some DB's coming up to a play over and over again. that is assuming our OLine can do an average job. If we can't run the ball or get a short passing game going, we'll never have a good performance against teams that will be playing for it all at the end.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
IMO, sometimes in the grand scheme of things, its better for a team to lose in the style that the Packers lost last night, then a one point cliff hanger. As McCarthy said after the game "we got our a**es kicked*. Let's hope that the a** kicking is a wake-up call to coaches and players that there is still a lot of work to be done between now and Super Bowl 50.

BTW.....I saw this guy in the shoutbox last night....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I thought Lacy did fine last night when they actually gave him the ball and had semi acceptable blocking up front. Our first drive, 2 runs to Lacy, 1st down and then I don't remember seeing him in or getting the ball again. pass, pass, pass, punt. I don't care how good the defense we're facing is, if they have 6 or 7 in the box, we should be able to get a linemen on each DL and give Lacy a small crease more often than not. I"ll take my chances with that and letting him punish some DB's coming up to a play over and over again. that is assuming our OLine can do an average job. If we can't run the ball or get a short passing game going, we'll never have a good performance against teams that will be playing for it all at the end.

Some offensive line issues but I have been waiting awhile to jump on this and Lacy just doesn't look the same this year. Not Physically or "game play." He got off to a slow start last year but this is just different. He doesn't appear to be running the same and it's getting old. Maybe coaches see what I see and that's why he is getting "limited carries."

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some offensive line issues but I have been waiting awhile to jump on this and Lacy just doesn't look the same this year. Not Physically or "game play." He got off to a slow start last year but this is just different. He doesn't appear to be running the same and it's getting old. Maybe coaches see what I see and that's why he is getting "limited carries."
2nd play of the game looked like The eddie Lacy I'm used to seeing. Then we passed 3 times and punted. Then we had Starks in the game for a series or two. When was the next time he touched the ball? I don't think our guys up front can establish a run game, as sad as it is to say. Well I think they can, they just don't ever commit to it from a planning to execution standpoint so we get what we have. But RB's need the ball to be effective. I think the only thing affecting Lacy was an ankle injury previously and lack of opportunity last night

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers forgot to show up. We've seen it before, (most notably Detroit in 2010) for some reason. Maybe young teams get complacent--and we're always young. Denver played well, and I thought Manning might throw for 600 at one point. Coaches and players can equally accept blame for this one.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Watching the game last night and with some posters here, when Rodgers got the roughing the passer call, some felt that it was a BS call. Even I did at first. But after watching it a couple more times, what I saw was the Bronco hit Rodgers on the right side of the helmet with his forearm. Now, it wasn't much, but I think that is why the ref called it.

And I do have to ask, WTF happened to the Packers offense? Two weeks to prepare and they come out with this? I was expecting at least a close game. So disappointed. I've been told my Vikings can't catch the Packers for the division lead. Not so sure about that right now. Packers looked, well, more than ordinary last night.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let the overacting and forgetting about the first 6 games begin.

Some of us remember the first six and the concerns that existed despite the positive final scores. Was there no reason to be concerned, overact and forget about winning the first 13 in 2011?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers: Looks gun shy..for the first time ever

Could Rodgers be losing trust in our WR core? WR's not getting open tends to make a QB stand a lot longer in the pocket than they normally do.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, however, its becoming a trend.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seemed really, really bad last night. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Disappointing to see.

Disappointed? Fans will be fans. You can't expect an entire fanbase of a team to be intelligently coherent after a bad game, otherwise, you'll always be disappointed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could Rodgers be losing trust in our WR core? WR's not getting open tends to make a QB stand a lot longer in the pocket than they normally do.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, however, its becoming a trend.
6 games in, we can't just keep thinking it's all of a sudden going to work. Especially against that defense. All you had to do was watch a game or 2 of theirs and see what they were capable of. If your receivers are having trouble getting open, you don't call plays that require Rodgers to have time to wait for someone to come open and yet they did. Rodgers was getting hammered and meanwhile, we couldn't get a hit or even pressure manning. He wasn't getting rid of the ball that quickly and we weren't even collapsing the pocket a little bit on most plays. He wasn't holding it forever, but it isn't as if they they were throwing bubble screens and quick slants all night either.

D

Deleted member 6794

Overall a terrible performance by the entire team aside of the STs. What I was extremely disappointed in is the complete lack of a pass rush, the coverage although losing Shields and Rollins didn´t help, the run defense and Aaron Rodgers´ performance. While I appreciate him for taking care of the football he has to start taking risks and give his receivers a chance to make plays. In addition I really want to see the coaching staff starting to use Janis and Abbrederis in four or even five receivers sets, especially against a defense with three really great cover corners.

With the Packers being 6-1 there´s no reason to panic but the team has a lot of work to do to be able to defeat elite teams. Just as a side note to the posters complaining about some of us being concerned with the defensive performance against the Chargers, yesterday´s game should serve as evidence that giving up 500+ yards normally results in the Packers losing the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I do hope there is a sticky note on TT's desk somewhere with the following:

2015 NFL Trade Deadline Tuesday, November 3rd, 4:00 PM EST

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointed? Fans will be fans. You can't expect an entire fanbase of a team to be intelligently coherent after a bad game, otherwise, you'll always be disappointed.
Yeah, I hear you. I just couldn't believe what I was reading. It made me question if these people knew anything about the team or football altogether.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made the mistake of going into the shoutbox last night. There is a difference in being disappointed about the way your team is performing, and then there is just being huge jerks. Maybe it is the younger generation of Packer fans that just don't have any respect for other people, maybe it was just jerks trolling. I expect it out of some (Rodell) but I can usually handle it, and am not used to getting personally attacked. I think a lot of the younger fans are just completely spoiled. They really don't know what a "bad period" a team can go through

Wow you really just singled me out huh? But you're on here complaining about being personally attacked? Some of you crack me up haha. You had the nerve to come on here crying about being "personally attacked" but then single someone out.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 games in, we can't just keep thinking it's all of a sudden going to work. Especially against that defense. All you had to do was watch a game or 2 of theirs and see what they were capable of. If your receivers are having trouble getting open, you don't call plays that require Rodgers to have time to wait for someone to come open and yet they did. Rodgers was getting hammered and meanwhile, we couldn't get a hit or even pressure manning. He wasn't getting rid of the ball that quickly and we weren't even collapsing the pocket a little bit on most plays. He wasn't holding it forever, but it isn't as if they they were throwing bubble screens and quick slants all night either.

It looks to me that with our current WR/TE core, if someone isn't dang near wide open, Rodgers isn't throwing it to them. It has to be a perfect situation for Rodgers to throw it it seems like. This is why I say that overall trust might be waning.

We don't have a single WR or TE who can just "go get it" so to speak. Cobb is the closest thing to that right now. But D's are keying on him.

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rest my case ^^^^^ I singled you out because you are "forever pessimist".....if you actually read and comprehend what I said, I wasn't singling you out for "personal attacks"......It would help if you think before you type. :)

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire team was a dud last night. I'm just wondering if this game will be a wakeup call for the Pack, or the beginning of a downward slide....the team has been playing progressively worse as the season goes...I don't know how much of that is because of injuries, and how much of it is they just aren't playing very well right now....whatever it is, their air of invincibility is gone and they need to get their mojo back....they have some tough games coming up, that will tell us where they're at...

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought Lacy looked a lot better?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire team was a dud last night. I'm just wondering if this game will be a wakeup call for the Pack, or the beginning of a downward slide....the team has been playing progressively worse as the season goes...I don't know how much of that is because of injuries, and how much of it is they just aren't playing very well right now....whatever it is, their air of invincibility is gone and they need to get their mojo back....they have some tough games coming up, that will tell us where they're at...

When you win, there isn't an urgency to fix your issues. There is a sense of "keep doing what we are doing because we are winning" attitude. We were 6-0 headed into Denver, however, it wasn't a perfect 6-0 because we clearly were having some issues and it all boiled to a head in Denver.

So this is why I am being optimistic. I am hopeful now that we fix some issues because we finally lost a game.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought Lacy looked a lot better?

I thought he looked better. In fact, Lacy would have had a pretty good game if Rodgers and our passing attack was more successful. I think that was a 100+ yard rushing game waiting to happen for Lacy, but our pass protection and passing game overall laid an egg, which didn't help matters in the run game.

No passing threat = keying the run.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
So many duds that game can't count them. No way after a bye week I was expecting such a poor showing. And the Packers were even favored.

Oh well, they are still my boys, and the important game is coming. Somebody gots to beat them darned Panthers!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts