Still Want Season Tickets?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have the most famous waiting list, with more than 86,000 names. Turnover is generally low; the Packers estimate that only 90 tickets turn over every year, a rate which would mean a name placed on the list today would be eligible for season tickets in 955 years.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have the most famous waiting list, with more than 86,000 names. Turnover is generally low; the Packers estimate that only 90 tickets turn over every year, a rate which would mean a name placed on the list today would be eligible for season tickets in 955 years.

Our oldest son and daughter are 7,000 away and our two younger boys are around 70,000 on the ST list. If and when Lambeau is expanded in the south end zone, we will be close to getting the opportunity to purchase some seats.

L

Lunchboxer

Damn 955 years.

I would imagine that the line would go up sence The Pack won the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I think we ran it up even though they haven't been to one for a while. Don't think this year is going to change anything much. Still, a 13 year Superbowl winner wait was better than the 29 year wait before the last one.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
" The Packers will go forward with their plans to expand Lambeau Bowl seating area ,although it wouldn't likely be ready until 2013 season at the earliest."

Jason Wied,Packers VP of Adminstration said the team is committed to expanding the stadium outdoor seating area and not club or luxury seating.

Weid also said:"I think ideally we would begin working on them in two to three years. Weid said "they would be ready for fans in three to four years."

This off season,the Pack ers are replacing the sound system and adding new Video boards in the Stadium.

source: Gree n Bay Press-Gazette, Wednesday, March 13,2011-Article by PG Sports reporter Rob Demovsky, entitled Packers Notebook.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Redskins claim they have a bigger ticket waiting list.
They do. It's about 150,000 long. However the time frame is a lot lower. They will run through that list in about 5-6 years. The Redskins don't allow season tickets to be passed from one generation to the next. They also don't allow people who would technically be over 130 years old continue to receive season tickets. (You know, grandpa's season tickets that he first got back in 1930 when he was 50 and is still getting today.)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do. It's about 150,000 long. However the time frame is a lot lower. They will run through that list in about 5-6 years. The Redskins don't allow season tickets to be passed from one generation to the next. They also don't allow people who would technically be over 130 years old continue to receive season tickets. (You know, grandpa's season tickets that he first got back in 1930 when he was 50 and is still getting today.)

Redskins Waiting List Totally Gone to Hell? Are Blackouts Coming to a TV Near You? - City Desk - Washington City Paper

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
The Redskins claim they have a bigger ticket waiting list.

From the article:
The Washington Redskins were reported to have the most number of names on their waiting list at over 150,000. However, recent investigations question if a waiting list exists at all.
They are officially listed as having 55000 on the waiting list, and a 5 year wait, so somebody is blowing smoke here.

Aren't they owned by the mad midget who started to charge fans money to just watch them practice?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the article:
They are officially listed as having 55000 on the waiting list, and a 5 year wait, so somebody is blowing smoke here.

Aren't they owned by the mad midget who started to charge fans money to just watch them practice?

LOL thats what I was getting at in an indirect way, they claim to have 200k waiting list but send out mass advertising to random people in order to try and get them to sign up for season tickets.

Synder is Al Davis without the winning.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite me never getting a realistic shot at ever actually getting season tickets, I'm thinking of signing up for the waiting list.

Perhaps if my Cheesehead ways are hereditary, and my spot in line is passed down generation to generation, SOMEONE in my family tree can become Packer Season Ticket Holders!

Members online

Latest posts