Still Gonna Have Home Field for NFC Championship

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Yeah but high ankle sprains can be a problem.

Look at Jennings last year, and how that high ankle sprain kept him from playing like he had the first half of the season.

That is true.

T.O. has always said that he's a fast healer though. Remember when he came back for the Superbowl with the Eagles after getting that horse-collar tackle. We'll see I guess though.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I've been one to think playing in Dallas might be best for this Packers team.

Our passing attack will have problems in Dallas no question, but not nearly as many as it would normally have in the harsh cold/snow at Lambeau.

The only potential worry I have is the crown mid-field.

Your right because Favre sucks today... You'll get your wish as for the playing in Dallas part.

Romo sucked against the Eagles in good weather and at home. I think you have a lot more to worry about. If he can't get it done in perfect conditions then what will the Cows future be like the remainder of the season?

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Anyone who thinks Dallas will be one-and-done is out of their mind.

T.O. will be back for their first game and Romo's thumb will also be fine by then.
If the 3 and 4 seeds both win in the first round at home, Dallas will have to play Tampa Bay. If Garcia gets healthy by then, the Bucs have a REAL shot at beating the Cowboys. That defense could really frustrate Romo just as the Eagles did.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were TRUELY meant to go to the Super Bowl, if or when we go to Dallas, we should beat them. A great team wins on the road, especially in the playoffs. I saw home field as something nice to have, but i like that we will be tested in Irvin Texas again. If we want it more, we will win.

But after the Bears game, i am worried about our first playoff game. Because if its cold and snowing at home, we shown that we cant handle the cold any more. It would suck to lose a playoff game because we cant handle the weather.

Being optimistic, i see Packers at Cowboys for NFC Champ or Tampa Bay at Green Bay.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck.........if anyone would have said before the season we'd have a first round bye and the division championship, we'd all be high fiving each other. We lost today..........got whooped. But our season is NOT over, the Bears is after next week.
Had it been decent weather today, we probably would have won. But it was terrible, and our guys blew it.
Todays game is over, but our post season is still there.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first time the team played in conditions like that under McCarthy, I don't think he knew how to prepare them, plus nobody can predict 40mph gusts man that's not fit for man or beast, I think if it is suppose to be that cold again MM will have them practicing outside in their jockstraps especially in the playoffs. I just keep telling myself this a blessing in disguise, this will make them a better football team.