OP
OP
T

twebdonny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get to confident.....

Not overly confident. Just seeing a weakened Cowboys team going into
the playoffs minus their #1 threat. Everyone seems soo worried about having to play in the Big D for the NFC championship, yet imho that may not even play out.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If things stay the way they are now over these last 2 weeks, with, in order, Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle, and Tampa Bay, then I would believe Tampa is a lock to win and most likely Seattle will knock off whoever is the 6 seed. That means the 3 seed Seahawks and 4 seed Bucs are left to play the Packers and Cowboys. The Bucs would play the Cowboys, and if the Cowboys play as poorly against the Bucs as they have been the last month, they seriously have no shot at winning. The Bucs are the only team that really scares me as far as the Packers FIRST playoff opponent. Hopefully things stay the way they are if Green Bay doesn't catch Dallas so that the Cowboys have to play Tampa. They'll be all over Romo.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The Cowboys will be lucky to win 1 playoff game if TO isn't 100% and those other injuries stickle them a bit. GB was hit with some injuries, and we never, NEVER looked as bad as them in the 2nd half of the season.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Packer Forum Week 16 thread.... Will the Packers get Home Field Advantage throughout the playoffs?

Who would of thought it was possible back in September.

Irving or Green Bay.... Back in September, If you offered me a game in Irving for the NFC Championship I would have been ecstatic. So really... Irving or Green Bay I have to be happy.

RP

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not so sure I want home field......we are not the cold weather juggernaut of old. The Pack is more geared to being able to throw the ball and Jan in Green Bay is not usually conductive to throwing.

OP
OP
T

twebdonny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That TD looked pretty darn good to me...

Lovin the COLD

...not lovin the kicking game though,,,,,,sheesh

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You win in this kind of weather with good D and running the ball. Keep in mind the Cowboys are a good running time too with Barber. But the Pack is a very good run stop team most times.

Reaction score
I've been one to think playing in Dallas might be best for this Packers team.

Our passing attack will have problems in Dallas no question, but not nearly as many as it would normally have in the harsh cold/snow at Lambeau.

The only potential worry I have is the crown mid-field.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I've been one to think playing in Dallas might be best for this Packers team.

Our passing attack will have problems in Dallas no question, but not nearly as many as it would normally have in the harsh cold/snow at Lambeau.

The only potential worry I have is the crown mid-field.

Your right because Favre sucks today... You'll get your wish as for the playing in Dallas part.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as the first "real" cold game of the year, the Bears are showing us what the cold weather is doing to this very young Packer team. Favre can handle it but many of these young players cannot handle it yet...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as the first "real" cold game of the year, the Bears are showing us what the cold weather is doing to this very young Packer team. Favre can handle it but many of these young players cannot handle it yet...

#1...I'm a huge Favre fan but a Packer fan first. Favre could not handle it today. It's just a fact...thankfully there's another game next week and in two weeks after that.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
screwballl said:

#1...I'm a huge Favre fan but a Packer fan first. Favre could not handle it today. It's just a fact...thankfully there's another game next week and in two weeks after that.

Favre can't handle having defenders on his tail 1 second after the snap.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
screwballl said:

I agree. He had loads of time on a number of plays too.

He was just uncomfortable and not in a zone. It happens. Unfortunately it happened when we needed him most.

1st round bye.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
screwballl said:

Yeah, ok. I think we watched 2 different games. I named my only son 'Brett' so I'm not a Favre hater by any stretch. He struggled mightily today (along with a ton of his teammates).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rios39 said:
NDPackerFan said:
screwballl said:

Yeah, ok. I think we watched 2 different games. I named my only son 'Brett' so I'm not a Favre hater by any stretch. He struggled mightily today (along with a ton of his teammates).
Yeah Brett was BAD.

We should have ran the ball more, and that is on MM. Oh well, it happens.

12-3

1st round bye

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I lost $5 on a bet today to a cocky co-worker of mine. He'll talk a little smack but I'll tell him to take my $5 on use it to buy 1/2 of a beer at the Bears playoff game this year.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are more geared for the warm weather or a dome. Home field is great and all but after that performance I think I would rather take a dome field reguardless where it is. I don't think anyone played well today. It looked like they just wanted to get out of there and get back to some heat. The Bears deserve a lot of credit for the way they took on the elements. Too little too late for them though.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
glad to be second seed

I think the Packers are now exactly where we want to be. We're more likely to open up against Seattle than Tampa Bay, which I feel is a tougher team to beat.

If we do play Dallas, our passing team has a better chance there than trying to beat them in the cold and windy conditions of Lambeau.

I don't like losing by 28 points, but am glad we will be the second seed.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Dallas will be one-and-done is out of their mind.

T.O. will be back for their first game and Romo's thumb will also be fine by then.

Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Anyone who thinks Dallas will be one-and-done is out of their mind.

T.O. will be back for their first game and Romo's thumb will also be fine by then.

Yeah but high ankle sprains can be a problem.

Look at Jennings last year, and how that high ankle sprain kept him from playing like he had the first half of the season.

Members online

Latest posts