Stephone Anthony

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Report-Packers-high-Stephone-Anthony-18778

We've been talking about Perryman and Kendricks mainly at ILB, but I wonder if Anthony might not be the guy the Packers are aiming at. He's got the measurable. Ran a 4.56 40. I'd like to see the Packers take him in round 3.

We've been discussing him quite a bit. The Pack seem enamored by him and he did well at the combine. I would not be surprised if we took him in the first round simply because I'm not sure he'd last long into the second. He's a huge riser right now.

I for one would love this kid in the second, but I fear he is getting pumped up because of the lack of elite talent at this position in this year's class. I think he could be very good though.

OP
OP
ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure he's worth a 1st round pick. I would prefer they get someone like an Eddie Goldman if he's there, or Erik Kendricks, but I could see him jumping up into the 2nd round.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Organizations usually make huge mistakes with players due to drooling over their speed and 40 times. The big question is this: Does that speed translate to the field? There are many examples of players who run less than ideal 40 times that do not look slow on the field. In fact, Ive seen 4.7 guys that look and play faster on the field than 4.4 guys.

There are track stars and then there are Football players.

This is why (IMO) whoever drafts Paul Dawson in round 2 will be getting one hell of a Football player. Look at his highlight reel video and please tell me that he plays a lot faster then his 4.9 40 time. The dude had two pick sixes and out ran everyone. He lead TCU in tackles and 4 INTs and 5 sacks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Report-Packers-high-Stephone-Anthony-18778

We've been talking about Perryman and Kendricks mainly at ILB, but I wonder if Anthony might not be the guy the Packers are aiming at. He's got the measurable. Ran a 4.56 40. I'd like to see the Packers take him in round 3.

Anthony is a fast guy but still needs ton of work in coverage. I would be fine with adding him in the third round though.

We've been discussing him quite a bit. The Pack seem enamored by him and he did well at the combine. I would not be surprised if we took him in the first round simply because I'm not sure he'd last long into the second. He's a huge riser right now.

I for one would love this kid in the second, but I fear he is getting pumped up because of the lack of elite talent at this position in this year's class. I think he could be very good though.

No way should the Packers draft Anthony in the first round. If there´s no viable option available at ILB I´d rather have them look in a different direction than make a huge reach for a third-round talent at best.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anthony is a fast guy but still needs ton of work in coverage. I would be fine with adding him in the third round though.

No way should the Packers draft Anthony in the first round. If there´s no viable option available at ILB I´d rather have them look in a different direction than make a huge reach for a third-round talent at best.

Dude, Anthony is not going to make it to the 3rd. His stock is rising like crazy. Maybe second.

Members online

Latest posts