Starting RT question

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is Linsley and Tretter BOTH proved to be very good when they were healthy and played...

I don't know... I"m not comfortable with someone like Lucas Patrick or a rookie type at starting C

Patrick has proven capable at Center for us before, and Hanson wouldn't be a rookie nor would Jenkins - all of which I'd place as top 3 candidates unless we draft an absolute stud of a center early to mid in the draft.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is Linsley and Tretter BOTH proved to be very good when they were healthy and played...

I don't know... I"m not comfortable with someone like Lucas Patrick or a rookie type at starting C

Don't forget, Linsley started as a rookie. As a lowly 5th rounder.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I don't get the Linsley hate.... do we have a C in the wings... This isn't Frank Winters to Scott Wells here

Also when we went with Linsley over JC Tretter, I was under the impression the picked guy (Linsley) would be here until we find a sure replacement at C?

Elgtin Jenkins should stay at LG, he's an All Pro there ....

Turner's versatilty is great, but so do we put Lane Taylor or one of the 2020 picks at RG??

It's not hate, it's money. Salary cap. Some team with money available will give more money to Linsley than he is worth to Green Bay. Especially when center isn't a premium position.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what is the consensus on Wagner? Besides against the Bucs. He looked fine this year and much cheaper than Bulaga.

Bahk Jenkins Lindley Turner Wagner

Why are there all these reports saying he may be cut?

Unless Lane Taylor comes back and move Turner to RT?

Do we need to draft a RT?

You can get a quality tackle even in the 7th round (Landon Young of Kentucky) so it wouldn't surprise me to see us draft someone.

D

Deleted member 6794

You can get a quality tackle even in the 7th round (Landon Young of Kentucky) so it wouldn't surprise me to see us draft someone.

While it's possible to draft a quality tackle late in the draft the probability of it drops significantly.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the forgotten man, Lane Taylor, is a key. If he's healthy it would be a big help in solving the offensive line issues

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the forgotten man, Lane Taylor, is a key. If he's healthy it would be a big help in solving the offensive line issues

Not signed for 2021 presently...and is a tough one to gauge - two season ending injuries.

Members online

Latest posts