Starks is back on 2 year deal

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I care about right now is the health of James Starks.
Any updates?

Also, I hope Jennings is okay, sounds like he is.

McCarthy called Starks' knee the old "sprain", so I am very worried.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is from the Packers Twitter account:

packers Green Bay Packers

McCarthy: James Starks has a knee sprain. More information will be available in the morning after further testing.

I'm very worried for him too. I was looking forward to seeing him play in the Lions game. Prayers for Starks!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the twitter update... seriously,... that looked bad from what I could tell,...they haven't showed that once in the replays. Probably just as well :(
*remember I was streaming it...so it was hard to see, not like I want to see it over and over again.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't think he will be playing on Thursday :( so it will make an interesting game. Glad we have Grant and OMG may Saine actually step up like Starks did last year?

Reaction score
The one guy they brought up from the practice squad may see some real time. I'm pretty stoked to see him play. Our running game is mild at best.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Lets hope Starks is ok, we will know tomorrow. but we still have RG. Don't forget he is still a starting back and given enough runs will be able to do the job just fine.

shield4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks says knees is 'fine' !!!

GREEN BAY, Wis. – The injury to Packers running back James Starks may not be nearly as serious as it originally looked on the field.
In the locker room following the game, Starks said he was “fine.”
Coach Mike McCarthy announced that it was a knee sprain, adding that he won’t know more information until Monday morning.
Starks was injured on a run late in the fourth quarter. Trainers came on the field and had to assist Starks to the sideline.
Wide receiver Greg Jennings also missed plays at the end of the game, but McCarthy said that it was “a shin bruise or something,” with more information being available Monday.

Link To Story !!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
heard he is okay and would be surprised if it is anything serious..prob still questionable for Thursday

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We're going to need him for the Lions game. Starks is our best RB, and keeps the ground game moving. Without him, it will be tough.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but just because McCarthy said after the game that it's a sprain doesn't necessarily mean that it's a sprain, either. Every single knee related issue is first reported as a sprain.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it would depend on the severity of it. If it's non"serious," say a mild sprain, that's actually good news. I still wouldn't expect him to play on Thursday, even with a mild injury. It will hurt our run game against the Lions, but we are going to need Starks much more down the stretch and into the playoffs than the Lions game alone. I say sit him as a precaution, if the game was Sunday as opposed to Thursday, maybe, but I would rather not risk aggravating the injury. Lets have the wisdom to think ahead rather than risk our best RB because we just want to beat the Lions. Starks is precious!

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wish Alex Green wasn't out for the season. This would of been a good test for him.

Yeah, it would have been a good test for him, but I like Saine. He had some really nice runs behind an OL that mostly didn't even make the team. Can't wait to see what the kid can do behind a real NFL offensive line.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
True, but just because McCarthy said after the game that it's a sprain doesn't necessarily mean that it's a sprain, either. Every single knee related issue is first reported as a sprain.

Yeah, wasn't Cutler's injury in the NFCCG a "sprain/"

Members online

Latest posts